PDA

View Full Version : Rockets vs Cougs

Jovorock
12-02-2005, 02:32 PM
After a week off it's time to get it going. What does everyone think about the layoff. Will it be slow out of gates for both teams or are they itching to get at it?

prospera
12-02-2005, 04:23 PM
do you think Cuminski and spurgeon will be back for sat game

Sput
12-02-2005, 05:50 PM
I kinda hope not. The Cougs need every available break to get out of this slide that has run rampant here the last eight games. Hopefully bringing in a couple d-men will take some of the pressure off the top three, and they will have more consistancy.

IamBatman
12-02-2005, 05:54 PM

How nice would that be! I have a feeling though that both players will still be on the shelf for a few games. We just got Darzins back. We can't get greedy.

Teaps
12-02-2005, 06:07 PM
According to Bartel Spurgeon is a high possibility.

eecliff
12-03-2005, 04:14 PM

According to todays newspaper both will be out tonight and are listed as being day-to-day..and it goes on to say that Spurgeon is expected to make his season debut sometime this month..but who knows, anything could happen just have to wait till game time I guess :confused:

ee.....

kevanie97
12-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Cumiskey is back tonight. Only one more to go till we have our full lineup.

Jovorock
12-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Cumiskey is back tonight. Only one more to go till we have our full lineup.
Cumisky looked good getting his first goal of the year, he still has rust but hopefully he can remain healthy and get back to last years level. Kirt Hill has come along way this with the ice time. Hill is crashing the net, hitting in the corner and a fight to show he is ready for a regular shift.

The Rockets really out played the Cougars last night, the score was closer than the play. With 50 shots verses 17 against, Cyr played very good even though he let in 6 goals. Five of the six goals were great shots and Cyr couldn't of been blamed for letting them in.

The Cougers on a 8 game losing streak before Fridays game in Kamloops don't look like the same team that came into Kelowna earlier this season. Kelowna really out played, worked every part of the game.

Sput
12-04-2005, 06:37 PM
The Cougers on a 8 game losing streak before Fridays game in Kamloops don't look like the same team that came into Kelowna earlier this season. Kelowna really out played, worked every part of the game.

It sounded brutal for a Cougar fan last night. WAY to many penalties, from the PBP guy here it sounded like the fans called a few (the ref wasn't going to till the fans oh and ah'd), and then calling bench minors. Guess the guys just aren't supposed to play contact hockey anymore, and the coach must have to stand there and take it and say nothing.

All told the team didn't come to play last night. Plain and simple. Bad choices, bad play, and the inablity to do anything on the PP. Don't know what changed up here, but its just getting nasty here in PG.

kevanie97
12-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Bad refing aside Sput I still think kelowna would have won the game last night but I agree the ref took all flow away from the players and the game with questionable calls, but like I said Kelowna came to play last night and adjusted to the bad refing and PG didn't, they let there emotions get the better of them.