PDA

View Full Version : Tbirds 0 @ Giants 4 - Dec.2

Beaner
12-03-2005, 01:06 AM
An excellent effort from the Giants tonight, from top to bottom. PP was very good, PK was excellent and the Giants completely shut down the Tbirds in the 2nd and 3rd. 1st period was pretty even, but after that it was all Giants. A fast paced game with some very big hits, but the Tbirds could just not get anything going against a tenacious Giants forecheck and excellent defensive zone coverage. To give it a bit of perspective Seattle had a 2 man advantage at the beginning of the third for almost the full 2 minutes, and they did not generate a single shot, and in fact iced the puck 3 times.

NOTES
Slade and McHale got the Starts.
McHale was puled in the third after goal #4, for Pinsent. He didnt get much help tonight.
Rutherford, played tonight, guess his eye injury wasn't as bad as reported. Which is very good news.
Flatters took the pre-game skate but ws a scratch.
Franson was in the lineup.
Mikkelson (knee), Reese (Hand), Dulle, Sexsmith, were the scratches
Tomanek for Seattle was ejected for a 5 min slashing major, to the face of Voytechek. 4 for High sticking was probably the right call. He definatley smacked him in the face.
Bartley left in the 1st period after crashing hard into the net, but did return for the 2nd period.
Shots 32-14 in favour of the Giants.
PP Giants 2/4, Tbirds 0/6

GOALS
1. VAN Watt, (3) (Scharff), 19:24 Scharff takes the big shot from the point that misses the net, comes off the boards, right in front of the net on the opposite side, and JD who is driving the net tucks it home.
2. VAN Franson, (7) (Voytechek), 8:19 (PP)Voytechuk wins a face off clean straight back to Franson, who after getting the puck, comes to the top of the circle and lets one go, High right in the cage.
3. VAN Albers, (6) (Machacek, Franson), 8:53 (PP) A nice big juicy rebound off the Machacek shot right to Albers who puts it into the open net.
3. VAN Voytechek, (3) (Rutherford, Blum), 11:22 Blum takes the shot, another rebound to Rutherford, who dances around the defender and fires it at the net, just as Voytechek gets there and it deflects off Voytechek and in.

FISTICUFFS
Lucic vs. Olson
Off a faceoff in the second the two decide to go. Lids and gloves come off and they stand and stare at each other for what seemed like 2 mins. Finally they come together, get a hold of each other, and wrestle for position. Olson tries to fire some short shots but nothing goes anywhere as does with Lucic. Olson jersey starts to come up over his head and the Linesman jump in and break it up. A non fight really. Olson gets an extra 10min misconduct, I presume for not having his jersey tied down. DRAW, in a nothing fight, could have been good if the Linesman hadn't of jumped in early. :burningma

OFFICIATING
Guest was the ref tonight, I think he did allright. The 5min major was a bit harsh, I would have gone with 4 in hindsight. A couple weak calls on the Giants in the third, and a couple missed but nothing terrible. GRADE B

DUMB PENALTY OF THE NIGHT
I am giving it to Watt for taking that Roughing penalty early in the Third. Cant give the ref the opppurtunity to call those.

OVERALL
Giants dominated after a pretty even 1st period. That sums it up. I expect a much better effort out of Seattle tomorrow. Great work boys, lets keep it up on this 3 in 3 weekend. :thumb:

3 Stars
1. VAN - 5 Mark Fistric
2. VAN - 7 Jonathan Blum
3. VAN - 14 Keith Voytechek

Realistically you could have picked any Giant and given them a star. It truely was a total team effort tonight.

rinkrat
12-03-2005, 01:31 AM
Good game technically,I wasn't too excited with the entertainment.Voytachek played well.Nice face off win to Franson.He took a hipcheck early from Hickey,went flying! Hickey looks great for a 16...I wouldn't blame McHale for the loss,he played decent.I guess Bridges is injured???
It was great sitting behind the Seattle bench as Sumner is really vocal,you can hear exactly how he runs the bench.Seems like a great coach!
Us BC teams gotta keep winning,you lose a couple things could change in a hurry.

GF71
12-03-2005, 01:33 AM
It was a great game. It was pretty even for most of the first, but after Watt scored what has to be one of the greasiest goals of the year, Vancouver really seemed to take over and out class Seattle. I thought Voytechek had a great game and banked one in off of his ass...nice touch! lol Very solid performances from most of the team...I thought Repik was not so good tonight...Slade was rarely tested and only made 3 or 4 "tough" saves. Tomorrow night's re-match should be a beauty.

Beaner
12-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Yes Bridges is injured. A couple weeks out I believe

sircountalot
12-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Olsen got the 10 min. misconduct for intentionally taking off his elbow pad during the fight.

Beaner
12-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Olsen got the 10 min. misconduct for intentionally taking off his elbow pad during the fight.

Ahh. I had a feeling it was an eguipment type misconduct. Thanks.

Beaner
12-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Tomanek had his 5min. major knocked down to a double minor, by the WHL thus no suspension for Tomanek.