PDA

View Full Version : The Macho Man

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
12-03-2005, 06:06 AM
OOOH YEEAAH! The Macho Man, Chris Savage ruins another game he refs in Swift Current.

Seriously, this guy is the biggest mystery of a ref I have ever witnessed in my life. The man sees penalties that were "supposedly" there, and just totally misses the most obvious calls.

Does this guy actually enjoy being booed by the crowd? Is that his role, just like the nWo version of Macho Man Randy Savage, to be disliked by the fans?

In my opinion, the tide of the game last night would have been a little more in our favour if the guy could have just learned to call the game straight down the middle.

As a sidenote to anyone at the game, was it just me or were the guys operating the shot clock seem a little off with the Broncos shots? I'm more than certain they had more then 12 shot in that game.

Scout
12-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Savage and (pee wee) Herman are from what fans say the worse ref's this year. I'm not saying Savage cost us the game but he made sure the tempo of the game never hit full speed. Your right he called some so-so penalties and let some obvious ones go. The one that sticks out in my mind was after the whistle blew to stop play, Barker puts a Bronco player thru the boards. Not right after the whistle but 3 or 4 seconds after the whistle. Starts a ruckus and no penalty. I think he calls penalties by sound because he sure don't see much.

On a side note, the crowd was good again and section L with the Mad Trumpeter were there in full force once again. I agree the shots seemed a little under for The Bronco's. Med Hat has adjusted their team to the new rules. These guys got, altough small, alot of speed up front and have a fair sized D.

Moir played his usual steller game. Our guys dug good. Am i the only one who sees improvement in our two Euro's every game? Raffl and Rakos are both playing great hockey and seem to be starting to adjust to the North American style. They hit hard, go into the corners and back check. And Raffl, he isn't scared to drop the mitts and back up his team mates no matter who it is and has faired very well in his fights.

By the way, good to see Willis on Welfare at the game. And O, keep your feet of the seats in front of you. You looked like you were in a Lazy Boy watching the game last night. lol.

Scout

Flathead
12-03-2005, 01:14 PM
:dead: I just thought we had it handed to us. I think 12 shots is fairly accurate, maybe 15 at the most. Med Hat is very good at plugging the shooting lanes and blocking shots. Sure we took more than 12 shots, but they never got through. We lost probably 70% of the face-offs, were beat to every loose puck and if we weren't we got played off of the puck. It's well into the season and I can't remember if we ever have tried any kind of play to take advantage of the no red line. Moir, Rumsey and Aspenlind were the only ones that stood out in my mind. Aspenlind especially played a great game and the "C" looked great on Rumsey and seemed to up his level of play. Rakos and Raffl are improving every game. We were out coached and out played. It's our our barn, we have last change, Dean can't match lines any better than that?? We play better on the road, without last change, because Dean doesn't have a clue who should be out their. What happened to the great Bortis, Nelson, Lukacevic line, it was broke up?? We can blame Savage all we want, but when your always three steps behind the play your going to take penalties. IMO, the points we have got this year have nothing to do with the coaching systems of Dean, it's just because we have a lot of talent on this team. Different coach, different systems, we win more games. Deans systems are obviously not working and frankly are boring. Bronco hockey is about playing an aggressive fore-check, hitting everything that moves, backchecking hard and being able to break out of your own end at full speed, maybe throwing a break away pass every now and then. None of this has ever been shown this year during a game. All we do is get hemmed in our own end, if we do get out we make a couple passes to guys that are standing still, then we get the red line dump it in and no one is moving so we get beat to the puck. Then we stand their and let the other team set up there break out play, instead of fore checking, and one or two passes later the puck is back in our end. Hunchak for coach, at least he's proved that he can win at every level he's coached thus far in his head coaching career. Sorry I'm done, I was just very disgusted last night.

ointhecreek
12-03-2005, 08:22 PM
MAn, flathead, we must have watched different games. I thought the game was fairly exciting. The boys came out flying, hitting everything in site and scored in just over 1 minute. They lost focus in the secound and couldn't seem to make their passes. I ddin't really see anyone standing still, just getting beat to the puck by a faster Tiger team who seemed to want it more.We've had trouble winning faceoffs all year even with Luke in the lineup. I think the goal judges don't want to look like homers like the Medicine Hat people and don't count all the shots. There is no way they outshot us that bad. And I don't care what anyone says, Savage was BRUTAL!! He cost us at least 1 goal. Sure I'm dissappointed with the end result, BUT it was an entertaining game and thats all I ask. Although I would have loved to see someone kick Barkers cheapshot ass.
Just my opinion.

ointhecreek
12-03-2005, 08:27 PM
By the way, good to see Willis on Welfare at the game. And O, keep your feet of the seats in front of you. You looked like you were in a Lazy Boy watching the game last night. lol.

Scout
I'm starting to wonder about you Scout! First you ignore a freezing Willis, and then you ignore me at the game. Coulda said hi or told me to put my feet down. :D but then again, I probly would have told you where to go, lol. Everytime I went to say hi you were busy talkin to someone and I didn't want to interupt. Smarten up! :laugh:

Johnsy05
12-04-2005, 04:21 AM
Savage and (pee wee) Herman are from what fans say the worse ref's this year. I'm not saying Savage cost us the game but he made sure the tempo of the game never hit full speed. Your right he called some so-so penalties and let some obvious ones go. The one that sticks out in my mind was after the whistle blew to stop play, Barker puts a Bronco player thru the boards. Not right after the whistle but 3 or 4 seconds after the whistle. Starts a ruckus and no penalty. I think he calls penalties by sound because he sure don't see much.

On a side note, the crowd was good again and section L with the Mad Trumpeter were there in full force once again. I agree the shots seemed a little under for The Bronco's. Med Hat has adjusted their team to the new rules. These guys got, altough small, alot of speed up front and have a fair sized D.

Moir played his usual steller game. Our guys dug good. Am i the only one who sees improvement in our two Euro's every game? Raffl and Rakos are both playing great hockey and seem to be starting to adjust to the North American style. They hit hard, go into the corners and back check. And Raffl, he isn't scared to drop the mitts and back up his team mates no matter who it is and has faired very well in his fights.

Scout

Barker is becoming one of my least favorite players in the dub this year and another one of the tigers is dorsett he is pretty chippy and will only backup his actions with players he knows he can dummy(don't get me wrong he is an alrite guy off the ice..had a few classes with him when he played for the legion) but the guy just will not step up when called on... The last few games now Larochelle has been wanting to go with him but derek will not step up..Like fridays game he was roughing up postma(I think it was him) so rj steps it to do something and the throws a rabbit punch at him with his glove and and hides behind the ref..what a puss.

Scout: i was wondering if you are an actual scout or just like to think you are like myself?

Flathead
12-04-2005, 01:03 PM
MAn, flathead, we must have watched different games. I thought the game was fairly exciting. The boys came out flying, hitting everything in site and scored in just over 1 minute. They lost focus in the secound and couldn't seem to make their passes. I ddin't really see anyone standing still, just getting beat to the puck by a faster Tiger team who seemed to want it more.We've had trouble winning faceoffs all year even with Luke in the lineup. I think the goal judges don't want to look like homers like the Medicine Hat people and don't count all the shots. There is no way they outshot us that bad. And I don't care what anyone says, Savage was BRUTAL!! He cost us at least 1 goal. Sure I'm dissappointed with the end result, BUT it was an entertaining game and thats all I ask. Although I would have loved to see someone kick Barkers cheapshot ass.
Just my opinion.
The first minute is how we should have played the whole game. You said yourself, they lost focus, couldn't make passes, got beat to the puck by a team who wanted it more and had trouble winning face-offs. That's not very entertaining to me, unless your a Tiger fan. If our guys weren't standing still, they most definitely never initiated any of the play, besides for the first minute.

ointhecreek
12-04-2005, 03:03 PM
That's not very entertaining to me, unless your a Tiger fan.
I guess I'm just easier to entertain then you, I enjoyed the game except the end result. Other then a few mistakes, I'd say the boys were always in the game with one of the best teams in the country. I don't try to pick apart every aspect of the game, I'm not a coach . I just enjoy watching, as long as they give an honest effort.

Willis on the Welfare
12-04-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm starting to wonder about you Scout! First you ignore a freezing Willis, and then you ignore me at the game. Coulda said hi or told me to put my feet down. :D but then again, I probly would have told you where to go, lol. Everytime I went to say hi you were busy talkin to someone and I didn't want to interupt. Smarten up! :laugh:

I Scout's defence I don't think he knew who "Willis" was. Scout just saw someone walking down the street who he knew the name of but not much more. I will say that Scout is a standup guy who did purchase me a cheeseburger. Scout, you need to show me who 'ointhecreek' is.

Willi$

ointhecreek
12-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Scout, you need to show me who 'ointhecreek' is.
Willi$
The big guy with his feet hangin over the seat in front of him! :laugh: