PDA

View Full Version : Giants 3 @ Tbirds 1 Dec. 3rd.

Beaner
12-03-2005, 11:49 PM
A bit difficult to comment on the game tonight, as the video feed was just crap. It was fine in the 1st, then went psychadellic in the 2nd, then would break in and out during the third. made it hard to judge the game, but I'll try my best. Ended up just listening to the Giants radio for most of the third, but luckily I got to see some of the Goals in the third.

I blame Rinkrat for buying the package for the crappy feed tonight. :p :laugh:

--------------------------
Giants tonight got into a tonne of penalty trouble tonight, especially early in the second period, with Slade leading the charge. Slade had one of his infamous meltdowns today, but luckily, the Gaints penalty kill was excellent, and the Aenemic Seattle PP was worse. Seattle had numerous empty net misses tonight, but they could just not get anything in. Personally I think the Giants were lucky to get a win tonight, and Seattle should be looking at getting their PP working.

NOTES
Slade and McHale were the starters.
Mikkelson (knee), Bartley (leg), Reese (hand), Sesmith (mono), Dulle were the Giants scratches.
Flatters Returned to the ice tonight.
33-18 Shots for Seattle tonight.
Giants 1/2 on the PP, Seattle 1/10.

GOALS
1. VAN Bliznak, (2) (Lamb), 1:20 (SH) A turnover gets to Bliznak, who takes the puck into the zone, gets to the circle and blasts it past McHale. Lamb was trailing on the play and I think that had Mchale thinking pass.
3. VAN Rutherford, (3) (Lucic, Franson), 4:21 (PP) Rutherford picks up the puck at the blueline, and head to the cricle, and fires a snapshot past Mchale stick side.
3. VAN Albers, (7) (Lucic), 6:39 From the Half boards, Albers fires a wrister, thru the repik screen into the net short side.
3. SEA Barthel, (4) (Jackson, Grossmann), 15:54 (PP)No video for this one. :(

FISTICUFFS
Couldnt really tell what was going on due to the feed, so in summary,
after Slade and Gibbons, with a Fistric Crosscheck thrown in, got into a slashing roughing match, Fistric jumps in and ends up going with Gibbons, Scurko and Watt end up in fight #2. Lucic tried to get Jackson into a fight, but Jackson had no part of it. Fistric got the Instigator, Scurko and watt got the Game misconducts, Jackson and Lucic got 10's. Throw in a bunch of minors for crosschecking and roughing/slashing as well.

OFFICIATING
Hard to say what really went on with the bad feed, but I think Matsouka is on a different planet then the rest of us. But no grade since I couldnt really see what was going on.

INTERNET FEED
Of course, after recommending to Rinkrat to get the service, it is total crap tonight. Picture locked up, all kinds of problems. Not worth even commenting on. I am sure they will have it fixed for next time.

OVERALL
Giants were lucky to get out of this one tonight, can't be giving teams that kind of oppuruntity, discipline is the key. The Giants did work hard, but the Tbirds couldn't bury their chances, and it cost them. Slade earned his reputation tonight, he has to keep it under control. Going to be tough for him because after it looked like he had his temper under control, he lost it tonight, and now teams are going to try and get him off his game even more now. I guess its a good road win, but some discipline tomorrow against Kamloops is going to be very important.

3 Stars
1. VAN - 6 Cody Franson
2. VAN - 27 Milan Lucic
3. SEA - 11 George (Bud) Holloway

Huh??? I know the feed didnt work but huh?

amisk
12-04-2005, 12:26 AM
I agree with the poor web cast, I too tuned it off and listened to mojo with no telcast..I think I lost about 28 seconds of hockey by doing that :laugh: I have only one comment on your recap...you have to mention the great job the d-fence is doing, Fisty and Albers, Blum, in both games, but this one especially, they were outstanding, a great came the boys can put in the bank and learn from when needed... imho!!

GF71
12-04-2005, 02:43 AM
Well....there was lots to see at this game, that is forsure.

Let me start with Slade. He did have a bit of a meltdown. BUT Seattle were taking liberties with him throughout the game up until his two "moments". They were bumping him and running him constantly...and he eventually lost it, which I am sure was the game plan to begin with. I did Noice Tim Kraus steer him aside and gave him about a 3 minute chat after one of the scrums while they were sorting out the penalties and had the advertising break. Funny thing is though, it jsut seemed to make Dustin get into the game more. He was very sharp when he needed to be. He certainly did NOT make any new fans there. There were a couple of moments that he saved the Giant's bacon. He did not get a star. Nothing against Franson who was decent, but Dustin deserved the first star. More than one person (Seattle fans) were audibly shocked that he didn't get a start...most were ready to boo him again, and the were upset they didn't get the chance. He realy put the Giants in a hole, but as mentioned, Seattle's PP is BRUTAL and they took some silly penalties.

Fistric had a great game. He was a real physical presence in front of the net. How he didn't get a star is beyond me. Mario's goal was a beauty of a shot. Spencer and Rutherford had strong games again. Flatters played well also.

By my count there were 4 Giants jersey's and maybe 10 giants fans in the crowd. Suprising as Seattle is only 2hrs away, and there was no threat of snow...But the people of Seattle were pretty cool with us. There were no goofball incidents, which was nice. Though the Giants gave up a lot of shots, they found a way to get it done. Having Bridges out was helpful, but Seattle just does not seem to have any killer instinct. Except zippy decking Slade and trying to kick him while he was down, which brought in Fisty.

Beaner
12-04-2005, 12:17 PM
I have only one comment on your recap...you have to mention the great job the d-fence is doing, Fisty and Albers, Blum, in both games, but this one especially, they were outstanding, a great came the boys can put in the bank and learn from when needed... imho!!

Yeah I should mention that, but you already did. :)

I found it really hard to know what was really going on, listening to the TBirds cast then switching to MOJO you would have thought the radio guys were watching 2 different games last night. The only thing the radios guys from both teams agreed on is that the Tbirds PP is BRUTAL.

Anyways your right the Giants D was great in both games, as well as the forwards on the back check. In fact, it is a true team effort which is so nice to see, after the first few years here in Giants land. It may not be the most talented Giants Team on paper, but by far it is the best Giants team I have ever seen. Keep it up boys. :thumb: