PDA

View Full Version : Giants 3 @ Blazers 2 - Dec. 4th

Beaner
12-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Hard to do a proper recap, since the live feed was not working tonight, so just listened to the game on MOJO radio. Hopefully we can get a nice recap from Scamperdog or anyone else at the game.

I'm just going to give the facts and some general impressions from the radio.

NOTES
Dubnyk and Tartaglione were the starters.
Bartley returned from his leg injury tonight.
Mikkelson (knee), Reese (hand), Sexsmith (mono), Hunt and Blum were the scratches for the Giants.
Shots 33-25 for the Giants
PP - Giants 1/5, Blazers 1/6

GOALS
1. KAM Tesliuk, (9) (Stretch, Dunstall), 4:26
1. VAN Kraus, (14) (Repik), 6:54
1. VAN Dulle, (1) (Machacek), 10:18
2. KAM Rome, (17) (Bartley), 6:19 (PP)
3. VAN Repik, (15) , 6:44 (PP)

FIGHTS
Lucic vs. Eisenkirch

Sounded like Lucic beat Eisenkirch. beat might not be the word, destroyed from what I got over the radio.

OFFICIATING
I'll leave this to people at the game.

INTERNET FEED
No internet feed tonight. :burningma
You internet feed guys are making me look stupid for recommending the service to Rinkrat

OVERALL
Sounded like the Giants did allright, but stupid penalties killed the Blazers yet again. There were some good hits and some cheap shots from what I could tell on the radio. A nice effort from the Giants on a long 3 in 3 weekend in which they got the full 6 points. Great weekend boys have a nice couple days off and see you back at the rink on Wednesday. :thumb:

Special thanks to everyone who popped by during the game to chat, it was fun, definatley helped improve the game since none of us could watch.

And a hey congrats to Dulle for getting your first WHL goal. :groovy:

3 Stars
1. VAN - 26 Michal Repik
2. VAN - 5 Mark Fistric
3. KAM - 7 Victor Bartley

scamperdog
12-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Not to bad for listening to the radio.
I would say out of the last three game we have played this was probaly the best of them, the first period the blazers came out hard got the goal but lost any momentum because of the teddy bear toss, rest of the period was giants,
Second period was all blazers they hit and really took it to the giants, as for the third for what ever reason I though we were flat and the tired team (figure that one out) when the giants got the go ahead goal you knew right away we were done for, I am not sure why but ferner seemed to play with only four D and maybe six forwards in the third, don,t no why in the second he had everybody in the game and you had the sense that we were going to pull this won out.
As for the Ref I would not say stupid penelties, a lot of questionable calls, unlike the previous games I would that the Giants on this night were the cheapshot artists. As for the fight I would not call it a beating Lucic started good but missed most of his shots Eisenkirch came on strong in the second half I would call it a draw or maybe an one point win for Lucic
Over all the Giants did what they had to, and deserve the win, not sure why Fistric was a star there was a lot of giant much better on this night.
As for Tartaglkione he wasnt tested alot but was there when needed, likes to roam alot, hate to say it but he is taking lesson from Slade uses the stick well

langdak
12-05-2005, 12:02 AM
I would say out of the last three game we have played this was probaly the best of them, the first period the blazers came out hard got the goal but lost any momentum because of the teddy bear toss, rest of the period was giants,
Second period was all blazers they hit and really took it to the giants, as for the third for what ever reason I though we were flat and the tired team (figure that one out) when the giants got the go ahead goal you knew right away we were done for, I am not sure why but ferner seemed to play with only four D and maybe six forwards in the third, don,t no why in the second he had everybody in the game and you had the sense that we were going to pull this won out.
As for the Ref I would not say stupid penelties, a lot of questionable calls, unlike the previous games I would that the Giants on this night were the cheapshot artists. As for the fight I would not call it a beating Lucic started good but missed most of his shots Eisenkirch came on strong in the second half I would call it a draw or maybe an one point win for Lucic
Over all the Giants did what they had to, and deserve the win, not sure why Fistric was a star there was a lot of giant much better on this night.
As for Tartaglkione he wasnt tested alot but was there when needed, likes to roam alot, hate to say it but he is taking lesson from Slade uses the stick well

Who is Tartaglkione?

Do we have a new goalie?

Just giving you a bad time :D

CLOOCH
12-05-2005, 02:46 AM
nice game

i was there tonight repping the giants to the fullest!!!!, there were a few G fans in the audience but they were all silent!!!!

nice too see Bartley back!!!

Beaner
12-05-2005, 11:44 AM
As for the fight I would not call it a beating Lucic started good but missed most of his shots Eisenkirch came on strong in the second half I would call it a draw or maybe an one point win for Lucic

And this is why I dont really do recaps when just listening to the game. The radio guys made it sound like Lucic turned Eisenkirch into a bloody pulp.

Thanks for the details on the game Scamperdog.

CLOOCH
12-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Lucic did win that fight easy, the other dude who did fight with lucic got 1 solid punch in but in the end Lucic won. i was like 10 feet away, i was first row behind the Giants bench and the fight happened there. real good fight by lucic

:bounce:

scamperdog
12-05-2005, 06:37 PM
Lucic did win that fight easy, the other dude who did fight with lucic got 1 solid punch in but in the end Lucic won. i was like 10 feet away, i was first row behind the Giants bench and the fight happened there. real good fight by lucic

:bounce: did you see what started that fight, just wondering because it looked like Lucic was going to fight Moises Gutierrez then Joel Eisenkirch stepped up to the plate, and yha you did have a better view from your seat than I would have

Beaner
12-05-2005, 06:56 PM
did you see what started that fight, just wondering because it looked like Lucic was going to fight Moises Gutierrez then Joel Eisenkirch stepped up to the plate, and yha you did have a better view from your seat than I would have

Thats what the radio guys said, Lucic challenged Guitterez, and he said no, and Eisenkirch stepped up to the plate.

CLOOCH
12-05-2005, 07:30 PM
did you see what started that fight, just wondering because it looked like Lucic was going to fight Moises Gutierrez then Joel Eisenkirch stepped up to the plate, and yha you did have a better view from your seat than I would have

yeah that was good fight.

i wish kassian fought though, i like him allot. Ex giant too.