PDA

View Full Version : Line Brawl

Willis on the Welfare
12-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Nice to see David Schulz drop the gloves at the Civic Center.

How bad were the linesmen in that linebrawl? Stoesz, who is league heavyweight paired up with Wasmuth who has one career WHL fight. Stoesz smokes Wasmuth with his own helmet then proceeds to beat on him while the linesmen break up harmless wrestling matches. Wasmuth could have been seriously injured, credit him for hanging on and staying on his feet. The fight ended when Stoesz got tired of punching Wasmuth and skated away. Linesmen should know who the tough guys are, and not allow them to beat on non scrappers.

Wasmuth draws the ace of spades in a linebrawl and the linesman hang him out to dry. That should have been the first fight they broke up and they left it so long Stoesz just skated away. If Wasmuth gets a concussion, it's on the linesmen.

Brutal!

Johnsy05
12-04-2005, 11:41 PM

How bad were the linesmen in that linebrawl? Stoesz, who is league heavyweight paired up with Wasmuth who has one career WHL fight. Stoesz smokes Wasmuth with his own helmet then proceeds to beat on him while the linesmen break up harmless wrestling matches. Wasmuth could have been seriously injured, credit him for hanging on and staying on his feet. The fight ended when Stoesz got tired of punching Wasmuth and skated away. Linesmen should know who the tough guys are, and not allow them to beat on non scrappers.

Wasmuth draws the ace of spades in a linebrawl and the linesman hang him out to dry. That should have been the first fight they broke up and they left it so long Stoesz just skated away. If Wasmuth gets a concussion, it's on the linesmen.

Brutal!
Yea i agree what a gong show.. Total lack of class by stoez if he was anytype of enforcer he would have went after benke or rumsey but thats not what bothers me its the fact he kept on tossin em when he knew wasmuth had given up and was holding on for his dear life... IMO stoez is a goon not a enforcer... Anyways how about benke needing to be double teamed? or smitty dummying his man i think he was fighting compton who is the 17 as well..Or RJ ****pumping Zimmerman..Anyways it was at least some entertainment value at the cc tonight still pretty choked they let that last minute goal in to go to ot...

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
12-04-2005, 11:45 PM
That may have been one of the biggest goon jobs we've seen in the Civic Center in some time. (Aside from the Glass incident last year)

Why the heck didn't the fans let Byblow know exactly how they felt about the call that was made. We got the living crap beat out of us in that fight, and still ended up shorthanded. I know the Section L fans made a ruckus over it, but the rest of the arena seemed to just sit there and accept the call.

Simply unacceptable to hit a player with their own helmet, or any type of weapon. What more evidence do you need when the linesmen are picking up pieces of the helmet such as the visor. I'm hoping that the WHL will impose a few fines and a good suspension over that event.

I was almost expecting to see Dean throwing the water bottles on the ice again. Would have loved to see that again.

Kassian
12-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Anybody know the fight match ups for the brawl? It's too hard to tell by reading the box score. Thanks!

LifelongChiefsFan
12-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Yeah, I'm interested too as I missed most of that line brawl on the radio. Just to clear something up, Stoesz isn't afraid to go after any teams' enforcers or anything, he does it all the time. Obviously I wasn't there so I'm not sure how the brawl started but typically in a line brawl you get paired up with whoever is closest to you...

Jimmypop316
12-05-2005, 04:19 AM
I was watching the webcast, and missed the whole helmet incident but I did hear the broadcasters talking about it. They were saying that they didn't think he did it on purpose but that it was like accident or something. It doesn't sound like Stoesz would do that, hes an enforcer, but hes definately not a goon. Saying that, he still does have his moments.

I don't know what the hell the linesman were thinking letting Stoesz go like that. Usually he's getting extra attention just because hes Stoesz. This has been the second line brawl the Chiefs have had this year, totally different players both times, and I'm waiting for the Portland feud to finally get to its boiling point

ointhecreek
12-05-2005, 07:16 AM
Brutal!
Yeah, I loved watching him eating knuckles and hangin on for dear life! Priceless!! :thumb:

Flathead
12-05-2005, 07:24 AM
I was watching the webcast, and missed the whole helmet incident but I did hear the broadcasters talking about it. They were saying that they didn't think he did it on purpose but that it was like accident or something. It doesn't sound like Stoesz would do that, hes an enforcer, but hes definately not a goon. Saying that, he still does have his moments.

I don't know what the hell the linesman were thinking letting Stoesz go like that. Usually he's getting extra attention just because hes Stoesz. This has been the second line brawl the Chiefs have had this year, totally different players both times, and I'm waiting for the Portland feud to finally get to its boiling point
The first hit to the head with a helmet MAY have been an accident, but I doubt the other two were. He hit Wasmuth at least three times with a frickin helmet, this isn't WWE. A suspension will be handed out to Stoesz.

Scout
12-05-2005, 08:11 AM
I will try to give accounts of the fights. I will be adding to the fights as time permits. This was an all out brawl. It is also very hard to watch every fight at the same time, so if i make an error someone correct me.

R.J. LaRochelle 6'3" 190lbs.
Sean Zimmerman 6'2" 208lbs.

This one went early in the third. There was a thunderous check along the boards after the whistle. Not sure if the hit was by a Bronco or Chief. The players all come in and are pushing and shoving. R.J. and Zimmerman got ahold of each other. R.J. has had alot of concussions in his career and was content to just hold on. Zimmerman puts R.J. in a half head lock. R.J. pulls his head free and his helmet comes off in the process. They seperate from the group and Zimmerman is tugging, trying to get his right free. R.J. still appears to not want to go. R.J. is very tough and has a fire cracker temper. He finally has had enough and gets his left free. He unloads with a thunderous left which knocks Zimmermans helmet off. He then throws another left which connects. Then he starts rag dolling on Zimmerman with a series of uppercuts and more lefts. Zimmerman knows he is in trouble and tries to hold R.J. at arms length to know availe as R.J. punched him at will.

Easy win R.J. with no punches thrown by Zimmer.

Line Brawl

David Sculz 6'4" 210lbs.
Dale Wiese 6'2" 200lbs.

There is a scramble in front of the Chiefs goalie. Schulz comes in and try's to clear the net and puts a cross check on Wiese. Wiese responds with a glove punch. They grab ahold of each other as the gloves drop. Schulz is throwing light punches on Wiese as Wiese is trying to get his gloves off and his arm free. Schulz pins him against the boards still throwing light punches with no damage to Wiese. Wiese gets his right free and starts firing. Both players are throwing punches with no damage being done. Schulz is tiring and Weise is getting stronger and landing more. Schulz has his head turned away and is trying to hold Wiese at arms length. This fight went for quite awhile with no clear cut winner. If there was a winner, i'd give it to Wiese as he ended very strong.

Benke 6'6" 220lbs.
Falk 6'5" 205lbs.

Benke was the neutralizer last night. When ever Stoesz was sent out, so was Benke. As this ruckus started, Benke came flying in from the blueline heading for Stoesz. He is intercepted by Falk. Benke starts chucking them as they both fall to the ice. Little Compton grabs ahold of Benke as does another player who i think was Stoesz. The rest of the Bronco's come to Benke's aid as three had ahold of him. Couldn't see much after that but it appeared Falk got fed his lunch before they fell.

Wasmuth 6' 184lbs.
Stoesz 6'2" 213lbs.

As i said earlier there were three Chiefs on Benke. Wasmuth and Smith come to Benke's aid. Stoesz drops the mitts as Wasmuth pulls him away from Benke. Wasmuth has only had one fight in his W.H.L. career. Stoesz is one of the league's premier heavey weights. Somehow Stoesz has Wasmuths helmet in his hands and hits Wasmuth three times with the helmet. I know Stoesz is not that type of goon and i do not believe it was intentional but it was still intent to injure and may carry a suspension. This was not even a contest as Stoesz hit Wasmuth at will. I give credit to Wasmuth for standing in there and taking the punches and giving some back. It was finally Stoesz who tired and whispered in Wasmuths ear and they broke. Win for Stoesz. I couldn't believe that the ref's never stepped in to stop this fight with a heavey weight fighting a scorer, especially after Wasmuth got hit three times in the head with his helmet. Nope these guys were more interested in getting Benke off the ice. I for the life of me cannot figure how Benke got the extra two for instigating when he was third man in. Go figure.

Smith 6'2" 180lbs.
Compton 5'10" 165lbs.

This was another mis match. Smith pulled Compton off Benke and they had a hold of each other. All the sudden Smith started chucking rights and hammering Compton. This was an easy win for Smith. Why he started hammering Compton is anyone's guess. He may have looked over and saw Stoesz taking liberties on Wasmuth, so decided to do the same on Compton.
Win Smith.

I give kudo's to Dean and Dave for dressing Benke. With some of the heavey's Spokane has i was a little concerned he may not be dressed. Benke knew his roll last night and had no quams tailing Stoesz and yapping at him just to let him know he was there. Would have liked to see Toulmin out there also. Once more we lost in the shoot-out for a league leading seventh time.

Thats it folks. Next up is Seattle on Wednesday.

Scout

CrazyGeorge
12-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Is there any link to see the brawl? Please let me know, I want to see this all.

Flathead
12-05-2005, 09:26 PM
I will try to give accounts of the fights. I will be adding to the fights as time permits. This was an all out brawl. It is also very hard to watch every fight at the same time, so if i make an error someone correct me.

R.J. LaRochelle 6'3" 190lbs.
Sean Zimmerman 6'2" 208lbs.

This one went early in the third. There was a thunderous check along the boards after the whistle. Not sure if the hit was by a Bronco or Chief. The players all come in and are pushing and shoving. R.J. and Zimmerman got ahold of each other. R.J. has had alot of concussions in his career and was content to just hold on. Zimmerman puts R.J. in a half head lock. R.J. pulls his head free and his helmet comes off in the process. They seperate from the group and Zimmerman is tugging, trying to get his right free. R.J. still appears to not want to go. R.J. is very tough and has a fire cracker temper. He finally has had enough and gets his left free. He unloads with a thunderous left which knocks Zimmermans helmet off. He then throws another left which connects. Then he starts rag dolling on Zimmerman with a series of uppercuts and more lefts. Zimmerman knows he is in trouble and tries to hold R.J. at arms length to know availe as R.J. punched him at will.

Easy win R.J. with no punches thrown by Zimmer.

Line Brawl

David Sculz 6'4" 210lbs.
Dale Wiese 6'2" 200lbs.

There is a scramble in front of the Chiefs goalie. Schulz comes in and try's to clear the net and puts a cross check on Wiese. Wiese responds with a glove punch. They grab ahold of each other as the gloves drop. Schulz is throwing light punches on Wiese as Wiese is trying to get his gloves off and his arm free. Schulz pins him against the boards still throwing light punches with no damage to Wiese. Wiese gets his right free and starts firing. Both players are throwing punches with no damage being done. Schulz is tiring and Weise is getting stronger and landing more. Schulz has his head turned away and is trying to hold Wiese at arms length. This fight went for quite awhile with no clear cut winner. If there was a winner, i'd give it to Wiese as he ended very strong.

Benke 6'6" 220lbs.
Falk 6'5" 205lbs.

Benke was the neutralizer last night. When ever Stoesz was sent out, so was Benke. As this ruckus started, Benke came flying in from the blueline heading for Stoesz. He is intercepted by Falk. Benke starts chucking them as they both fall to the ice. Little Compton grabs ahold of Benke as does another player who i think was Stoesz. The rest of the Bronco's come to Benke's aid as three had ahold of him. Couldn't see much after that but it appeared Falk got fed his lunch before they fell.

Wasmuth 6' 184lbs.
Stoesz 6'2" 213lbs.

As i said earlier there were three Chiefs on Benke. Wasmuth and Smith come to Benke's aid. Stoesz drops the mitts as Wasmuth pulls him away from Benke. Wasmuth has only had one fight in his W.H.L. career. Stoesz is one of the league's premier heavey weights. Somehow Stoesz has Wasmuths helmet in his hands and hits Wasmuth three times with the helmet. I know Stoesz is not that type of goon and i do not believe it was intentional but it was still intent to injure and may carry a suspension. This was not even a contest as Stoesz hit Wasmuth at will. I give credit to Wasmuth for standing in there and taking the punches and giving some back. It was finally Stoesz who tired and whispered in Wasmuths ear and they broke. Win for Stoesz. I couldn't believe that the ref's never stepped in to stop this fight with a heavey weight fighting a scorer, especially after Wasmuth got hit three times in the head with his helmet. Nope these guys were more interested in getting Benke off the ice. I for the life of me cannot figure how Benke got the extra two for instigating when he was third man in. Go figure.

Smith 6'2" 180lbs.
Compton 5'10" 165lbs.

This was another mis match. Smith pulled Compton off Benke and they had a hold of each other. All the sudden Smith started chucking rights and hammering Compton. This was an easy win for Smith. Why he started hammering Compton is anyone's guess. He may have looked over and saw Stoesz taking liberties on Wasmuth, so decided to do the same on Compton.
Win Smith.

I give kudo's to Dean and Dave for dressing Benke. With some of the heavey's Spokane has i was a little concerned he may not be dressed. Benke knew his roll last night and had no quams tailing Stoesz and yapping at him just to let him know he was there. Would have liked to see Toulmin out there also. Once more we lost in the shoot-out for a league leading seventh time.

Thats it folks. Next up is Seattle on Wednesday.

Scout
How do you unintentionally hit someone three times with a helmet, he only stopped hitting Wasmuth with the helmet after it broke.

ointhecreek
12-05-2005, 10:19 PM
How do you unintentionally hit someone three times with a helmet, he only stopped hitting Wasmuth with the helmet after it broke.
I agree. Stoesz IS that kind of a goon. :burningma

Toswammi
12-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Exactly, i said it on the white board, and i will say it hear. There is no excuse for hitting someone over teh head with a helmet multiple times. Does the thought of hey, whats this, a helmet, maybe i should drop it occur to Myles. Nope, howabout lets destroy the helmet over Wassy until the visor and helmet lay on opp. sides of the rink. There should be an intent to injure penalty, and suspension given for this act.