PDA

View Full Version : A.J Thelen

Triton
12-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Why wasn't he named to team USA? Today they announced the roster and he isn't on it.I was sure he would have been picked,he was a NHL first rounder.

westbeach55
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
I don't think that the 1st round status means to much. I think for thelan to be picked he would have to had a standout year in pa, I was shocked at first but then when you look at the dman the americans have you can understand. the americans are projected as the team to beat. I guess i was expecting abit more from thelan this year anyways I don't think he has stepped it up yet.

Sabes
12-05-2005, 01:04 PM
It's just like Robbie Schremp not being picked 2 years ago. It's all politics. The guy should be there, plain and simple.

Knuckle Chucker
12-05-2005, 02:56 PM
It's just like Robbie Schremp not being picked 2 years ago. It's all politics. The guy should be there, plain and simple.

I agree. Politics and the fact he had the problems last year are the reasons he was not on the list. At least let him try out and if he doesn't perform then cut him.

Dwight Schrute
12-10-2005, 11:57 AM
he hasnt played too well since being excluded from team usa

westbeach55
12-11-2005, 10:13 AM
do you think thelan is overated? I guess i was expecting more out of him then what he has brought yeah he has a couple goals on our powerplay. but he seems to really struggle in the defensive end. don't get me wrong im not bashing him just think he can step it up abit

Sabes
12-11-2005, 10:35 AM
I thought for the past month before they named the USA team that he was doing great in the defensive end. We need more defensive players. Last night would be a different story if Tipper and Hellyer both would have taken their man to the net.

Dwight Schrute
12-11-2005, 09:33 PM
i dont think thelen is overrated he just needs to step up a bit more maybe be a lil bit more physical i thought he would have been putting up more points but i thought a lot of the raiders would have put up more points. i really with they would stop playing with 5 dmen cause thats gotta wear them out

FELIX17
12-12-2005, 06:59 AM
In Saskatoon, I thought Thelen played pretty poor but not as bad as Tipper. Tipper was terrible and had a brutal giveaway that cost the Raiders a goal. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with not being named to team USA but it seems he has degressed the last while. I agree with Raiderfan17, it would be a huge loss for PA to trade Thelen. But you never really know with your buddy Clark. What can I say about Chipchura. Wow! He was dominate out there! I don't know how he didn't end up being first star. His playmaking was unbelievable. If he only had a winger that could put the puck in the net. Seitsonen missed the net numerous times. The Blades fans sitting around me kept saying "It sure would be nice to pick up Chipchura." Chipchura is one of the best playmakers I've seen in years. It was one of the most dominating performances I've seen Chipchura play in all aspects. If only the rest of the team would help him out and play with the same intensity and determination. If that was the case, the Raiders would hardly lose a game. But as we all know, each and every night this season, players continue to take games off and it's costing them.

Once again, Chipchura was awesome!!!

Good Luck Chipchura in Vancouver!!!!

Triton
12-12-2005, 09:55 AM
I honestly think that Friday's game against Saskatoon was the last game we have seen Chipper in a Raider uniform.

Triton
12-12-2005, 11:54 AM
i talked to one of the asst. coaches the other day and he said they werent trading chippchurra so that would make you think they would be looking to get him a scoring winger theres only 2 ways to go

At the moment they aren't.But the assistant coach isn't the GM either.If the right deal comes along Clark will take it to better his team.In all honesty the Raiders aren't going to be doing much this year anyways and with Chipper probably not coming back next year,you might as well deal him and get a couple of younger guys and some picks to better the team for the coming years.Heard also Deckert is out 4-6 weeks with a torn muscle in his groin.What will happen then?

Dwight Schrute
12-12-2005, 01:50 PM
im really starting to wonder what you guys are thinking. Without thelan logging a insane amount of time every game this year the raider d would be the worst ever. and do you really think they want to play with 5 guys? or do you think maybe palazzo is hurt and non of the call ups are good enough to play?i hope the raiders trade thelan so you guys who dont see how good he is will when hes gone and we dont have a solid two way dman left in the system.
umm yeah so i know palazzo is hurt i know thats why they are dressing 5 d i also said they should trade and have a 7 dman to carry on the roster. i dont want to see the raiders trade thelen (unless they got some kind of awesome unheard of deal "joe thornton" lol) anybody who has seen him know how good he is. and he could be even better. i dont know why your reply was so bitter, if you thought you were defending thelen or what but dude you dont gotta