PDA

View Full Version : glad to see Slade doing well

patsdude114
12-05-2005, 09:25 PM
glad to see Dustin Slade finally playing well he is a great goalie just the past few yrs (especially in regina) he didnt have his head on his shoulders....he has all the tools to be a great goalie in the WHL and i could see him getting a good shot in the AHL after his junior career is done if he keeps his cool for the rest of this yr and all of nexted yr....hopfully he is finally maturing into the promising goalie that the pats know he could be.....the reason y they traded Josh Harding for him in the 1st place

anyways good luck Dusty Slade keep up the good work in the crease

GF71
12-05-2005, 09:51 PM
After reading all of the love Dustin is getting on the white board :spineyes: I thought I would give my two cents worth on Dustin. First of all, all you people out there that are talking about what an ********* he is, how dirty he is, etc....HE LOVES THAT! He LOVES the attention! Before the easteren swing he told me he was looking forward to playing in Moose Jaw the most. Why? "because the people there hate me!" The more people boo him, and give him cat calls from the crowd, the more he gets into the game!

Yes, he is very physical. Yes he is chippy and will give out cheap shots. Yes he has a flair for the dramatic. When asked about it by fans and 2 critics that I saw personally...he nodded and blinked and said "you are still talking about me and the game was over an hour ago". I personally think he does get carried away at times. He will be the first to admit it. He does cross the line. His two hander on Durand in Seattle (on the shin pads, and NOT in the stomach...yes I was there) was pretty bad. You could CLEARLY hear the impact on Durand's pads. He is VERY competetive and will not take any crap from people. He is not a big guy at all and is quite slight. He is no different than goalies like Billy Smith, or Ron Hextall. You hate him unless he is on your team. He does live by the sword though. More than a few guys have taking shots at him. Kassian did it this year and got suspended for it. Triston Grant pretty much fed him his lunch last year. Gibbons tried in Seattle and had to answer to Fistric. The point I am trying to make is that he is quite prepared to "take his lumps". He has matured quite alot over the last three years, but he is still prone to meltdowns. I am not a big fan of his undiciplined play, but you have to take it for what it is. That is part of his make up and character. He will always have a bit of an edge, or whatever term you would like to use, in his game. People will have to deal with it.

Love him, or hate him he is a very highly skilled goaltender, with a ton of potential for the pro ranks. Ultimately it will be up to Dustin on how far he goes, but he has accopmlished one thing few players do in the WHL. He has fans across the league talking about him, and everybody knows his name. ;)

patsdude114
12-05-2005, 11:32 PM
GIANTSFAN71

i couldnt agree with u more i wasnt a big fan of all his on-ice altercations but u know what he takes care of himself which alot of player in this league dont do......last yr when he was in regina we had no 1 to protect him in his crease our GM went out to get him knowing what type of guy he was but didnt bring anyone in to help protect him so Slade didnt have to fight his own battles.....when Vancouver was here in early Nov. the Giant D wouldnt let us get close to him to try to get him off his game....i wish we still had Slade especially with the team we have this yr.....our goaltending is our weakest position this season but hey Robinson is playing well for us u have to give up a good player to get a good goaltender and vancouver did that....

GIANTSFAN71 if u ever get a chance to chat with slade ask him this...."what did he do to Dustin Boyd his 1st game against MJ in regina" all i gotta say is blocker and Boyd landing back in MJ

GF71
12-05-2005, 11:58 PM
LOL Dustin has told me that story a couple of times. Ahhhhh boys will be boys.haha. Boyd will never go near him again, I am sure!

Bran
12-07-2005, 12:15 PM
One thing I miss about Dustin Slade...he ALWAYS had something interesting to say. He was honest and you always knew what he was thinking.
When the Giants played here in November Dustin was pretty much the difference in the game and he was STILL the most popular player there that night. I think that speaks volumes. And the gesture after getting 1st star, a lot of people really appreciated that I think. Love him or hate him...you know who he is. The media here loved him because he always gave them a good story, didn't matter what they were talking about. I think talking to these guys can get pretty monotonous after awhile, but he could always spice things up a bit...It's definately good to see that he's doing well out there. I think (hope) he knows how much (most) people miss him on this team. With a guy like that in net, our team would be that much better. I think the big thing with him though...he needs that support around him. It sounds like he's got a lot of support from the team and from management and coaches, none of which he had here. They say they supported him, but he screwed up all they did was berate him and say they would give him another chance. People don't learn anything that way, I wonder if Parker treats his own children like that! I think Parker is just too preoccupied with his team's image and dotes on the "good boys" while ignoring the rest unless they do something wrong...sounds like a dysfunctional family. I got waaay off the point here. I only meant to say that I'm glad he finally has what he needs to help him succeed. :thumb:

Bran
12-07-2005, 12:27 PM
LOL Dustin has told me that story a couple of times. Ahhhhh boys will be boys.haha. Boyd will never go near him again, I am sure!
Everyone should hear that story once...it's much better to watch though, and the interview he gave after was priceless. My mom isn't a huge fan of violence, even in hockey, and she shook her head when she saw that, but even she had to laugh when she heard what he had to say about it. She's been a huge fan ever since. I think Boyd got him back pretty good though during the shoot out in MJ this year.