PDA

View Full Version : Giants trade prospect

rinkrat
12-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Cody Smuk and a 4th round pick to Chilliwack for their expansion draft pick.

http://www.chilliwackbruins.com/content/news/december0505.html

Bruins Announce Player Transactions

Bruins Acquire Prospect from Giants
December 5 /05

Cody Smuk

The Chilliwack Bruins announce the acquisition of 16 year old Cody Smuk and a 4th Round Pick in the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft from the Vancouver Giants in exchange for the Bruins pick from Vancouver in this June's Expansion Draft. The 5'10 - 155 lb forward/defenseman from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan is currently a member of the Saskatoon Blazers of the SMAAAHL. Smuk played with the Giants in the pre-season this year.

"We look forward to having Cody join our team in our inaugural season next year. We have watched him play many times this season and feel he exemplifies the type of player we want in our organization. He has outstanding speed, good skills and above all outstanding character. This will be a very good opportunity for Cody."

GF71
12-05-2005, 11:27 PM
This is a bit of a bummer. I was very impressed with Smuk in the preseason. He is a skill guy. Chilliwack is lucky to get him. Obvioulsy a move to protect all the current players. I thought forsure that a couple of the guys were being kept around for the express purpose of the expansion draft, but...
I am sure there will be more trades to come.

Beaner
12-06-2005, 12:11 AM
I like this move. Losing a prospect is one thing, but losing a guy who is playing now, for nothing, is worse.

Have to expect more moves, but I do like avoiding the Expansion draft, especially with us hosting the cup next year.