PDA

View Full Version : ICE vs Saskatoon Blades. Lets go ICE!!!

fightstrap50
12-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Tonights marks the first game back in the Rec-Plex for two former members of the Ice. One being Todd Panchyson and the other being Brad Cole. I hope they are still doing well for their new club but on the other hand I want to see our guys have no problems with them on the blueline nor on the offensive side of things for the Blades. Anyways, welcome back to Cranbrook guys I'm sure you'll both get a good cheer for ya.

All that said, tonights game can also tie a franchise record for most consecutive wins on home ice with 9 straight. The guys will have other things on their minds tonight while playing for another big win, but us lucky Ice fans will be yelling and cheering them on and we would love to see that happen for the Ice as they have all been working so hard this season especially at home and deserve to keep winning if they play like they have been. Way to go Ice!! Its great to be an fan. :groovy:

Sorry to see Ryan Russell did not get an invite to the World Juniors Camp this year but next year I'm sure it will happen for him as he must have left an impression on the management in the Canada/Russia challenge recently.

Come out hard and give the 60 minute effort Ice and you will be rewarded for you hard work and team play through following the systems. Woo Hoo!! I cant wait to get there! :bounce:

GO ICE GO!!!

Chipper
12-07-2005, 10:00 AM
My opinion on last nights game. We had full control of the game and should have won by a large number. I thought that in the first period we missed about 6 sure goals either by timeing or fanning on the puck. Adam Cracknel was having a rough night with everything he touched going just wide I can't count how many empyt nets we missed and I think we were getting frustrated. We realy made the goalie Khudobin look good. The second period also was all Ice and frustrations were mounting. In the third I thought that the Blades picked up their game a lot and Khudobin was red hot and seeing everything saving the game for the Blades. OT was all Ice again but that darned shoot out got us in our first experiance at home. I am sure no one in Cranbrook likes the shoot out here. If we would have won it would be a diferent story though lol. At the end of the day we missed on far to many gifts given to us and give credit to the blades for hanging on and stealing this one. I hope the Ice go into practice and work on timeing and getting someone in front of the net. Is it just me or does anyone else think that we need to have someone screening and causing problems in front of the net for the defence and goalie, They seem to always have a easy clear view of our shots on net.

tender
12-07-2005, 08:45 PM
I have to agree with you Chipper Ive said this before to friends of mine the Ice need to have a man in front of the net causing havoc for the goaltender and the defence and at most times the Ice dont have a man in that position and on some occasions a man right in front is sometimes not noticed and with a nice crisp pass can get a goal more offten than not Its something they should possibly try doing but if it hasnt really happened at this point Im not to sure that it will but lets not give up hope maybe some day or year its something that will be added to their style of play but as the late great ED Walen use to say in the mean time and in between time well just have to wait and see GO Ice GO :bounce: