PDA

View Full Version : Rebels/Chiefs

Tinner
12-06-2005, 10:42 PM
It didn't take long for Spoke to score in the first period, which was the worst I've seen the Rebels play this year. The second was better, helped by a fluke goal and Spoke then went on to control the game. It seemed like we were playing at 33rpm and they were playing at 78. Lot of play in our zone and once again our goaltending wasn't overly strong. The score was flattering as Spoke deserved to win with their strong team play.

Rebel tape: 4

ps; kudos to Lameroux for trying do put life into a lack luster Rebel effort. I'm sure the Rebels dressing room will need repainting...........lol

SectionNDeserter
12-06-2005, 11:18 PM
It didn't take long for Spoke to score in the first period, which was the worst I've seen the Rebels play this year. The second was better, helped by a fluke goal and Spoke then went on to control the game. It seemed like we were playing at 33rpm and they were playing at 78. Lot of play in our zone and once again our goaltending wasn't overly strong. The score was flattering as Spoke deserved to win with their strong team play.

Rebel tape: 4

ps; kudos to Lameroux for trying do put life into a lack luster Rebel effort. I'm sure the Rebels dressing room will need repainting...........lol

Yeah, Leslie is quietly establishing himself as the worst starting goaltender in Rebel history (with all due respect to Mike Whitney). And it is not even halfway through the season and I think Eric Frere has broken the WHL record for icing the puck the most times! A few bright spots though, Roman Wick finally scored, twice! Not bad, considering he only played for about 30 seconds, and floated for about 12 minutes. Was quite dissapointed to see zero reaction to Bruton straightarming our bantam callup, but happy to see Berube straighten him out a few shifts later. I was also impressed with Garrett Klotz, he was the hardest working Rebel out there, and he nearly put Lynch completely through the glass in front of me!

mapletoft
12-06-2005, 11:18 PM
I guess one could say it was again a typical Rebels game except for some interesting fights and the fluke goal. You're right, kudos for Lamoureux for standing in there and receiving a pounding from Lynch in trying to spark his team. I figured something was up when Bowman and Brandon Sutter had a little chat before the faceoff, agreed, and then went at it after the faceoff. Sutter actually didn't do too bad!

Reimer was kinda hung out to dry on a couple of goals. It seems as thought the Rebs defense is battling some inconsistency right now - Chapman out really hurts.

Nice to see Wick pot a couple goals, hopeffully that will continue and him and Versteeg can get the Rebs offense putting up some more goals.

3rebels
12-06-2005, 11:42 PM
Seems like the team gets some life AFTER the opposition scores. Three brutal giveaways kind of killed us tonite. Have to stop passing the puck away, especially in our end. :confused:

Rebel66
12-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Have to agree with rebel39 that the score really flattered the Rebels. That was not a one goal game at all. Spokane was full value for their win.

Do you think that after Leslie's latest gaffe Sutter might run with Reimer for a while?

Tinner
12-07-2005, 09:05 AM
Time to fess up. At the start of the year I spent alot of time ragging on Mahalik and rightfully so, but I will say now, that he has vastly improved in the way he plays although his skating is still bad, but one hell of a shot. That means there must be a new "worst" dman on the team. I can think of a couple but one stands out so much that a blind man can see it.

His name was mentioned in an earlier post in this thread (Frere) and besides setting a record for the most icings, this guy can't play D in this league. His giveaways are becoming the norm not the exception and watching him play with his partner, you can see how much his partner covers up for his mistakes. Thats what partners are supposed to do...right, but it shouldn't be everytime and I mean everytime they're on the ice. Time to make a move there, trade, release or keep him playing forward and reward Lameroux for his efforts.

Now, if we're going to be young and inexperienced this year, why don't we go all out and make some more changes, like bringing in Eidsness, letting Reimer gain more playing time and Eidsness playing spareingly, but gain some experience.

Another thought.......and he most likely wouldn't come, but Dustin Moore would add some spark to the line-up.

SectionNDeserter
12-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Have to agree with rebel39 that the score really flattered the Rebels. That was not a one goal game at all. Spokane was full value for their win.

Do you think that after Leslie's latest gaffe Sutter might run with Reimer for a while?

I don't know if he will, if he hasn't by now. I think that Leslie must have some incriminating photos of Brent or something.

RebelsFan
12-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Was quite dissapointed to see zero reaction to Bruton straightarming our bantam callup, but happy to see Berube straighten him out a few shifts later.

Just wondering who our bantam callup was?

Shinyshoes
12-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Another thought.......and he most likely wouldn't come, but Dustin Moore would add some spark to the line-up. Dustin Moore has Already made his decision to go to University, so it is Highly unlikely he would favor playing for the rebels for 3 months over a 4 year ride at university.

Just wondering who our bantam callup was? Luke Betts

RebelsFan
12-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Is Betts around to stay? He is a 1989 born player. I was confused by the bantam name when Luke is a second year midget player.

Shinyshoes
12-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Is Betts around to stay? He is a 1989 born player. I was confused by the bantam name when Luke is a second year midget player.He is still being evaluated. He should stick around for the weekend games and then a decision will be made.

Red celtic
12-08-2005, 11:09 AM
I was told that there is a very good chance that he will be here for the rest of the year. He has already signed a contract so the chances of sending him home are remote.