PDA

View Full Version : PG 2 @ Van 1 Dec. 7th/05

Beaner
12-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Well that has to be one of the worst games I have seen in the Pacific Coliseum in a long time. Personally I didnt think either team played particulary well, there were a tonne of cheap shots being thrown all over the ice, by both sides. It got to the point where it looked like no-one wanted to touch the puck. I thought the Giants brains were totally off tonight, they couldnt pass the puck to save their lives, and Forecheck? what Forecheck. An absolutely terrible effort fromt he Giants tonight and they got what they deserved, a loss. PG didnt play much better, but did enough to get the win, I think their D played pretty good, But when Forwards don't forecheck, it makes your life a lot easier.

On a side note, nothing really stupid happened to Rutherford tonight, but, the Cougars were definatley keeping their eyes open for him and hitting him/ slashing etc whenever they had the chance.

NOTES
Slade and Bowles got the starts tonight.
Slade was pulled in the third period after taking a stupid roughing penalty. :spineyes:
Mikkelson (Knee), Sexsmith (Mono), Reese (hand), Czibre (Suspended), Voytechuk were the Giants scratches
Prabh Rai left in the 1st period on a stretcher, more on the that below.
Fistric went down in the first with what looked like a serious injury after the boarding by Hunter but returned to start the second.
23-18 were the shots for the Giants I think.
Giants 1/8 on the PP, PG 2/10.

INJURY
Rai got hit square in the chest along the boards in the 1st period by Garett Hunt, by a good clean body check that sent Rai flying. Rai never got up and had to be taken off on a stretcher, in a neckbrace. No one seems to know how he got hurt, but he may have caught his head on the boards, or it could have been whiplash. No one was screaming for a penalty on the play, and no one tried to get retribution on Hunt later so I guess it was a freak accident. I hope its nothing serious.

GOALS
1. VAN Albers, (8) (Franson, Repik), 11:45 (PP) Right after the delay for the Inury, Albers gets the puck and lets one go that hits a PG player and deflects into the net.
2. P.G Drazenovic, (11) (Hunter, Walker), 8:47 (PP) Fistric lets Drazenovic get in behind him puck goes to Hunter behind the goal line who passes it to Drazenovic, who roofs it past Slade.
3. P.G Drazenovic, (12) (Dudas, Walker), 5:38 (PP) 5-3 on PP, puck gets moved around a lot by the Cougs, and finally gets to Drazenovic on the open side and he pots it home in the open net.

FISTICUFFS
HUNT vs. WISHART
After Hunt gets Rai with a good clean hit, Wishart comes in and Crosschecks/Boards Hunt, Hunt Drops the gloves and decides to go. Wishart has a confused look on his face like, you want to fight me, and after a few seconds obliges Hunt and drops the gloves. Wishart Proceeds to hit Hunt with a bout 6 Good short shots, before it gets broken up. Wishart got 2 for the Crosscheck +5, and Hunt 5. WIN: WISHART.

DUDAS vs. Machacek.
Not sure what set this off, but they decide to go and throw off all the gear. Machacek gets in close and Dudas proceeds to throw him down and get a bunch of good shots in. Machacek gets up and starts to throw a few of his own all of which land. Dudas throws Machacek down again and gets one last shot in. A good fight pretty even. 5 min each. DRAW.

OFFICIATING
McLean was the official tonight and even though he called a lot of penalties, I thought he could have called even more. There was a tonne of interference, clutching, slashing and all kinds of stuff that he just let go. If he had called that stuff to start we may have had a cleaner game.

To be honest it was like Rutherford had a big sign on him that said, do what you want the Ref wont call it if you touch me. Personally I thought he was pretty bad tonight. GRADE C-

DUMB PENALTY OF THE NIGHT
Hmm so hard to choose, there were SO many dumb penalties tonight. Bartley 4 mins for High sticking in the third, or, Franson for tripping during that 4 min. situation, or, maybe I choose Fistirc 2 min for Crosschecking while already down 2 men, or, I take Slade 2 min for Roughing right after the 2nd goal, and Fistric is getting a call, or, maybe Fistric taking the 10 min Misconduct during that whole Slade Fistric Fiasco? I'll go with the whole lot of 'em. You guys are supposed to be leaders out there. WAKE UP.

OVERALL
Anyways, it was brutal game to watch tonight. No flow, no speed no nothing. Just brutal. I'd like to say PG was the better team, but that isnt saying much, both teams played poorly and neither deserved the win.

I have noticed a disturbing trend lately with the Giants and that is they are taking a lot of Selfish penalties which, tonight cost them a game. Time to wake up boys and pull you heads out of your you know whats, and Dustin had better realize that there are 2 very good goalies right behind him looking for his job, and if he doesnt start playing smart and now, he is going to be out of here fast.

3 STARS
1. P.G - 10 Nicholas Drazenovic
2. P.G - 6 Ty Wishart
3. VAN - 3 Paul Albers

They should have not given out stars tonight. I thought no one played particulary well.

rinkrat
12-08-2005, 01:06 AM
Don Hay said after the game on Mojo,that he has seen enough of Slades' act and there are two good goalies that won't get into the extra curricular stuff.(I'm paraphrasing).
Hunter should have been tossed for the Hit from behind on Fistric.Patterson was running around cheap shotting Giants.
McLean is a joke.I said several times during that game,that we would see a line brawl,minimum.He had no control over that game and seemed to call "even-up" penalties.He thinks calling "even-up" penalties makes up for his incompetence.All it does is take away the flow.The Giants did deserve the string of penalties in the third though...Anyone see the Bartley high stick?
I missed it.
I hope Rai is OK,he is a local boy and probably had his family there.
PS sorry to the fans that weren't able to watch the game on webcast,I cursed it! My kids are choked at me now too! Whats a guy to do??? :confused:

rinkrat
12-08-2005, 01:09 AM
I forgot...Mahachek was one Giant who showed up tonight.Good effort Spencer. :thumb:

Beaner
12-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Forgot to mention that as well, Machacek did play well, as did I thought Dulle, and Lucic. Albers was the best Dman out there tonight.

Lucics' hit on Wishart was a bone cruncher and I thought Wishart would not be back.

The Hunter Hit - I'm not sure on, 4 seemed right, but it could have easily been 5.

Unfortunaltey I missed the high stick as well, but man, keep your freaking stick down. The PG player was leaking though, so it was definatley a 4.

langdak
12-08-2005, 01:25 AM
"McLEAN, get off your knees your blowing the game"

best comment i heard all night

other then that, well as a giants fan, not much

great PG defense tonite, and Drazenovic played very well

the Cougs deserved that one, even though we hit a post and a crossbar in the latter part of the 3rd period

the boys are gonna have to come out with a lot more then that over the weekend if they want to add to the points total

Beaner
12-08-2005, 01:33 AM
From the Cougar Den on network 54

Rai lost consciousness, he will be out at least a week, as they are very concerned about a Concussion etc.

I hope he is going to be ok.

langdak
12-08-2005, 01:37 AM
From the Cougar Den on network 54

Rai lost consciousness, he will be out at least a week, as they are very concerned about a Concussion etc.

I hope he is going to be ok.

Get better soon Prabh

Nobody likes seeing guys get hurt like that

rinkrat
12-08-2005, 01:48 AM
I don't think Dustin is the guy for the Cup run next year.I think he is on the outside looking in as of now.

GF71
12-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Ok....everybody rejoice...Tyson told me he is going to start one of the games on the weekend :thumb: I think it may be time for Dustin to sit down for a game or two. After witnessing the Seattle show by Slade, I have to agree with Hay...it is getting old. I know Don will not put up with that crap for much longer, and with Sexsmith ready in the wings, Dustin better get his crap together in a hurry. It is too bad, because Dustin is a good kid, but...I digress.

There were a LOT of floaters tonight...Bartley, Watt, Repik, the list goes one. One question...Watt is obviously having an off year...why is he getting so much ice time? Fistric was not so great either. On the other hand, I think Spencer was by far and away the best Giant. Blum was ok, Hunt, Flatters and Kraus put in decent efforts, but the rest were just passengers. As Beaner has said, it was one of the worst efforts in a long time. I suspect a bag skate will be the task at hand on Thursday. :burningma

Beaner
12-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Should also mention the Tartaglione played well in relief, considering he came in cold, in a 5-3 situation. Not sure about that goal that was waved off, but it was at the other end of the ice so I didn't have a good look at it.

Beaner
12-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Vandekamp Fined??????

Anyone see or hear what happened to get Vandekamp a fine at the Game??

from www.whl.ca

Mike Vandekamp Prince George Cougars $250.00 for Game Misconduct at Vancouver on Dec. 7