PDA

View Full Version : Why only 2-20 yr olds

peatfan
12-08-2005, 02:32 AM
Saw your Cheifs for the first time in two years tonight in Calgary. Was impressed by them considering it was the tail end of a long road trip. Wonder why only 2-20 yr olds listed on the lineup (and one Lynch wasn't dressed)? A lot of 18 playing tonight (I think you had 8). Was impressed with Bruton(sp?). He had a very spirited fight with Reich with both players dropping the others but both jumped up quick enough that the linesmen never had a chance to jump in. Lots of punches by both. Call it a draw. Basically played hard all game. Another impressive player was Hobson. Good to see Falk play again. Missed losing him but now he gets to play. I really like Reich. Very fiesty.

Triton
12-08-2005, 09:46 AM
2 20's?How about 1 20 in your line-up all season,like the Wheatkings have.

Jimmypop316
12-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Well Lynch, was hurt tuesday night in the Red Deer game. Our 3rd twenty year-old was signed by Manitoba Moose. Pretty much since then they haven't picked one up, they tried to get one guy but he wanted to stay on the lower tier team close to home.

I did enjoy the game (except for that 3rd period). Calgary is a physical as hell team, all that punishing and hits paid off at the end of the game. You could definately tell Bruton and Reich had some problems with each other just the way they went at it, that was probably one of the best middleweight fights I've seen. I was also surprised by Blackwater, tough bugger.

Good to see you enjoy Reich, he really wasn't fitting over here. I think it was a good trade for both teams though, Falk/McCue will be probably the anchor of our blueline in the future.

langdak
12-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Here is my personal take on the 20yr old situation

Why fill 3 20yr old spots just for the sake of filling them?

The Giants have 2 20yr olds and we are doing quite fine this year, i dont see the point in them putting another 20yr old on the roster to just take up a spot

Those free spots could possibly help at the trade deadline for a team looking to make a cup run

There is a serious lack of 20yr old talent in the league this year, which is why i believe that a lot of teams are running under the current 3 player limit

Jimmypop316
12-08-2005, 06:15 PM

The Giants have 2 20yr olds and we are doing quite fine this year, i dont see the point in them putting another 20yr old on the roster to just take up a spot

Those free spots could possibly help at the trade deadline for a team looking to make a cup run

There is a serious lack of 20yr old talent in the league this year, which is why i believe that a lot of teams are running under the current 3 player limit

this is very true.. i was looking at the 20 year olds that were available from the 20 year old waiver draft and really didn't see anything too impressive. Its just means ice time for all our new kids, Falk, Bowman, Spurgeon. Theres not a 20 year old out there that is going to make a huge improvement over what we have right now.

LifelongChiefsFan
12-09-2005, 12:17 AM

I was just going to make a comment about the lack of 20 year olds in the league this year. Either they aren't very good, or they were too good and moved on, i'm not sure which...

langdak
12-09-2005, 02:06 AM
I was just going to make a comment about the lack of 20 year olds in the league this year. Either they aren't very good, or they were too good and moved on, i'm not sure which...

I think its a combination of both

For the Giants this year, i had Cam Cunning penciled in for a spot, but he moved onto Omaha in the AHL.

But next year i expect a bunch of 20yr old floating around, unless again some of them decide to take the next step up.