PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs captain

upper level fan
01-31-2005, 09:50 PM
This was brought up on the white board so I thought I would ask this question here. Who do you think deserves to be Captain in Spokane? I said I thought S. Lynch should have been, but with him out I think Desauntels deserves it.

Nodak
01-31-2005, 10:42 PM
This was brought up on the white board so I thought I would ask this question here. Who do you think deserves to be Captain in Spokane? I said I thought S. Lynch should have been, but with him out I think Desauntels deserves it.

I don't think that Desautels has the character, on or off the ice to warrent being a captain. I think that Jeff Lynch would be a good choice.

A captain, I think, should be a player that will constantly work his ass off and do anything for the good of the team. Sawyer and Schutz are the two best examples that I think the Chiefs have ever had.

upper level fan
01-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Before the season I actually thought that they would give it to Jeff Lynch just because I thought they would guve it to a guy who would be on the team for more than one more year. Because now they will have to name a new one next year andI would be shocked if it wasnt Jeff Lynch. But then they will have to turn around and name another the following year again. And I think it will be hard o ever find a overall player captain like Sawyer was. Hes my all time favorite chief. Sucks that his pro career got cut short, but glad hes behind our bench and not someone else's.

speedkills
02-01-2005, 01:10 PM
I think given our current lineup JD is the logical choice. I don't think he's done too bad of a job either but I do think that his 'reputation' amongst the league and consequently the officials does affect his ability to deal with them during a game.

I'd be surprised next year if it isn't Jeff Lynch, the kid works his ass off. Also, I think he may be more effective seeing as how his play isn't necessarily the style that'd 'irritate' a ref...words of 'reason' tend to ring truer from someone who isn't playing the 'irritator' all game long.

As a side note, I remember seeing a Chiefs practice up at Eagles one time when Whitfield was here...it was intense...Whitter was up in the grille of a player (can't remember who) just screaming at him. Was an interesting thing to see from a captain. It's hard sometimes to know why a teams choice of who wears the C is...especially when there's so much that goes on in the locker room, on the bus and at practice.