PDA

View Full Version : Luke Egener

GF71
12-08-2005, 11:39 AM
How has Luke been playing since his arrival out there?

Hockey101
12-08-2005, 11:51 AM
How has Luke been playing since his arrival out there?
Has been fairly solid he shows his age every now and again and has a very bright future ahead of him as long as he does things right.Also a little note he is wearing a letter and that votes well for him

Tinner
12-08-2005, 01:59 PM
I don't think the letter makes him play better or a better player, but it may give him more confidence. His play has been B+ as the mistakes he makes are mistakes that either have had serious concequences or led to a good scoring chances. There haven't been many mistakes though. His size contributes to any lack of success with opposition forwards. Play smart hockey at times and will be a big part of any successes we have next year.

Beaner
12-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Thats good to hear Luke is doing well, on his new team. He has a lot of upside, he just wasn't getting the playing time here in Vancouver, considering how deep the Giants are at D.

GF71
12-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Bad news for Luke...Sutter was pissed and was making them do contact drills in practice yesterday, and Luke dislocated his shoulder. He is now going to be wearing a brace for the rest of the season, unless he decides to have surgery now. I think they haven't gotten that far yet?! At any rate he won't be playing until at least the 27th. The doctor may hinder his optimism though!

mapletoft
12-08-2005, 09:48 PM
John Flatters was a character guy, well-liked by everyone. So far the current play and future outlook heavily swings this trade in favor of the Rebels. He is physcial, willing to fight and progressing as a smart hockey-sense hockey player. The letter does him well thats for sure!

Unfortunately, IMO, the Berube / Walker trade is the other way around.

Just my thoughts!

SectionNDeserter
12-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Unfortunately, IMO, the Berube / Walker trade is the other way around.

I think it is still too soon to know much about who won in the Egener deal. I think Berube is miles ahead of Egener in his development. They are both about the same size, are both very mobile, but Berube hasn't made nearly as many defensive mistakes that cost us goals (remember, Egener did score a goal on his own net in each of his first 2 games as a Rebel). And Berube can both make good first pass out of the zone, and carry the puck very well, and all we had to give up for him was a lazy floater like Walker, who probably wouldn't make the team next year as an overage player.

mapletoft
12-09-2005, 05:43 PM
I will disagree with you SectionNDeserter- I believe Egener has a better upside and is progressing at a faster rate than Berube. I'm not sure what Berube brings to the table - which I hope I will be able to see by the end of the season. Egener plays with a chip on his shoulder every shift and appears to have more hockey sense. I don't intend to knock Berube but he has been a disappointment for me since arrivng from Prince George.

SectionNDeserter
12-09-2005, 09:23 PM
I will disagree with you SectionNDeserter- I believe Egener has a better upside and is progressing at a faster rate than Berube.

Goals scored on his own team by Luke Egener: 2

Goals scored on his own team by Mike Berube: 0

I think overall they are evolving into two entirely different players however. Egener reminds me of a young Bryce Thoma, while Berube reminds me more of a young Derek Meech.

mapletoft
12-09-2005, 11:28 PM
You are going to have get over those two goals - those things happen. I am sure he didn't do it intentionally! :-)

SectionNDeserter
12-09-2005, 11:37 PM
You are going to have get over those two goals - those things happen. I am sure he didn't do it intentionally! :-)

Certainly not, but a fraction of this hockey sense you claim he has in abundance, involves not reaching out and deflecting shots that are going wide into his own net. :) But like you say, these things happen, I can't say that I have seen him do anything really resembling a bad play since those two goals. Good to see the team play a good game tonight, hopefully this was the trade that turns the team around!

tiny
12-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Goals scored on his own team by Luke Egener: 2

Goals scored on his own team by Mike Berube: 0

I think overall they are evolving into two entirely different players however. Egener reminds me of a young Bryce Thoma, while Berube reminds me more of a young Derek Meech.

I like them both. I don't know about your comparison in other aspects but...Young Mr. Egener has fought more this year that Bryce fought in his whole time here. ;) :laugh:

SectionNDeserter
12-10-2005, 08:50 AM
I like them both. I don't know about your comparison in other aspects but...Young Mr. Egener has fought more this year that Bryce fought in his whole time here. ;) :laugh:

Didn't Bryce have one fight too? :) Maybe not... But both of them are not particularly flash, and maybe a little smallish for a defenseman, but they get the job done.

Tinner
12-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Wow, your comparison of Egener to Thoma and Berube to Meech had me thinking that maybe you've got the 2 mixed up. I would compare egener to meech and berube to thoma in a heartbeat. after watching them play, egener, imo, has a far greater upside than berube.

SectionNDeserter
12-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Wow, your comparison of Egener to Thoma and Berube to Meech had me thinking that maybe you've got the 2 mixed up. I would compare egener to meech and berube to thoma in a heartbeat. after watching them play, egener, imo, has a far greater upside than berube.

Nah, Egener is better at staying with his man, and seems more 'stay-at-home' than Berube, while Berube can carry the puck out of the zone far better than Egener, or possibly he just has the confidence to actually do it game in and game out.

mapletoft
12-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Oh well, different things to different people. Bereube consistent game and game out - I don't think so - not the Berube I am watching!!!

SectionNDeserter
12-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Oh well, different things to different people. Bereube consistent game and game out - I don't think so - not the Berube I am watching!!!

Player GP G A PTS +/- PIM
Luke Egener 17 1 0 1 -7 47
Mike Berube 14 0 1 1 0 16

Granted, he has played 3 fewer games, he has still been on the ice for 7 fewer goals scored against him, and taken 13 fewer minor penalties. This leads me to believe that we are watching different games (I only catch the home games) ;)

mapletoft
12-14-2005, 10:52 PM
There ya go...I watch all the games!