PDA

View Full Version : Rai Update?

Beaner
12-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Reading the paper today it says the Rai was taken to the hospital for observation after suffering a concussion from the hit by Hunt.

Sounds like they were just being cautious with him, has there been updates in PG about how he is doing? Last I have hear is he will be out a week, but that is pretty standard after getting a concussion.

Sput
12-08-2005, 08:07 PM
I haven't heard anything other than what you have so far. After any concussion symptoms it is a league minimum 7 days. Hopefully he will be OK and able right after the 7 days, but we will see.

I can only go from what I heard on our PBP, was it a dirty hit? Our radio guy said it was a high/hard elbow. Just curious on how it looked from the stands. Sportsnet, of course, didn't show the hit, only some of the fight and Prab being taken off on a stretcher.

rinkrat
12-08-2005, 10:23 PM
It looked like a clean hit to me.Rai was skating with his head down and Hunt came from the opposite direction.It was a big collision,I didn't see any elbow or leaving feet.Just a rookie mistake by Rai.Be aware when guys like Hunt are on the ice!
I sure hope Prabh is OK...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/131949/thread/1134031043/Copied+from+the+Giants%27+website+++%28Cougars+sli p+by+GIants+Wednesday+night%29

Beaner
12-09-2005, 12:13 AM
It happened directly in front of me, and I sit 8 rows up. the Hit happened at the glass, on my side of the ice. Press box is on the opposite side.

Hunt throwing an elbow or leaving his feet is usually a good guess, but this is probably the cleanest hit he has ever thrown. He didn't leave his feet, and his hands were in fact tucked in close up to his chest. If there was an elbow I sure as heck didnt see, it, but I am 99% sure there was no elbow.

On the Giants home page, they actually talked with Hunt about the hit. Heres what he had to say about the Hit.

“It was clean but it was just unfortunate that he got hurt,” Hunt said. “He was just looking behind him and I was coming for him the whole time. I thought he was going to turn around and look at me but he didn’t see me so I just ran him over.”

“I’ve got to always try to make a big hit on the first couple of shifts and that was the second shift,” he said. “I drew a penalty after Wishart cross-checked me and I just try and bring as much energy as I can. He just came after me after I hit (Rai) so I can’t say there’s anything wrong with that because I would have done the same.”

So by the sounds of it and from what I saw, it was just an unfortunate accident. :(

I think Wishart was just trying to throw a big hit back because Rai did go flying. Hunt was definatley the instigator in the fight that proceeded after that, in fact I thought he was gonna get the 2/5/10.