PDA

View Full Version : Bronco power play

Offsider
12-08-2005, 04:33 PM
At 1 for 44 you would think Dean mite change the dump and chase thing. I wonder what the stat is on how many power plays we haven't even got a shoot on net. Along with Ned at the point, he should be down low. He has not had very good puck control at the blue line. With only 3 wins at home it's getting real hard to defend the team to the average fan . I think last night would have turned out different with Bortis, Shendo and Hunter in the line up hope things change after the Christmas break .

Flathead
12-08-2005, 06:50 PM
All aspects of our game are brutal right now. Hate to sound repetitive, but there's a lot more talent on the roster than what our record shows. In my opinion you can't blame the kids.

Oh-Vee
12-08-2005, 07:55 PM
All aspects of our game are brutal right now. Hate to sound repetitive, but there's a lot more talent on the roster than what our record shows. In my opinion you can't blame the kids.

Where pray tell is this talent that you speak of Flathead? Are you refering to the talent that is going to make this team a serious contender in two years? I don't believe that those kids are ready to make a serious contribution at this time.

I do not believe that you can blame the coach. If you look at our penalty kill, an aspect of the game that requires coaching and hustle (and a good goalie) we are in the top 10. Granted the power play has a lot of coaching but requires the ability to put the puck in the net, a skill that I believe we are short of.

On the other hand if you want to blame the GM, you could be justified. Short sighted but justified. I believe that we do not have the guys to win right now, it is the GM's responsability to bring in kids that can win. However, as I mentioned earlier in this rant, I think this team is going to be great in two years.

ointhecreek
12-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Where pray tell is this talent that you speak of Flathead? Are you refering to the talent that is going to make this team a serious contender in two years? I don't believe that those kids are ready to make a serious contribution at this time.

I do not believe that you can blame the coach. If you look at our penalty kill, an aspect of the game that requires coaching and hustle (and a good goalie) we are in the top 10. Granted the power play has a lot of coaching but requires the ability to put the puck in the net, a skill that I believe we are short of.

On the other hand if you want to blame the GM, you could be justified. Short sighted but justified. I believe that we do not have the guys to win right now, it is the GM's responsability to bring in kids that can win. However, as I mentioned earlier in this rant, I think this team is going to be great in two years.
Sure we have talent, BUT, it's young talent that needs seasoning. We are short a true sniper. Ned hasn't scored a whole lot since his first game. Our penalty kill is doing pretty good but nobody to put the puck in the net, YET.Levi will and Bortis will and I think Smith will, all in time. I do agree tho that the coachs have a few things to figure out and work on.

Tupac to the Top
12-08-2005, 10:50 PM
1 for 44

The humorous part is we almost gave up more short handed goals in one power play the other night than we've scored in 44. That was one of the ugliest shifts I've ever seen.

ointhecreek
12-09-2005, 12:11 AM
The humorous part is we almost gave up more short handed goals in one power play the other night than we've scored in 44. That was one of the ugliest shifts I've ever seen.
yes, that was nasty wasn't it! 3 breakaways on 1 powerplay. I wasn't real impressed with that game. We got to quit scoring in the first minute and a half, it seems to jinx us. :laugh: