PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Skate

Nature Boy
01-31-2005, 09:57 PM
Did any one go to the post game skate on Saturday night? I did, it was a great time. There was sure a lot of people young and old out there. Dion Phaneuf was the busiest guy out there signing all those autographs, his arm must have been tired. I though that Eric should have come out even though he was feeling a little stiff and maybe Sutter should have been out there. It was great and it was a chance to interact with the players and have a little fun with them. It was even better when they cameback and won the game.
Keeping the faith
GO REBELS GO

Spungy
02-01-2005, 01:25 AM
what exactly is the post game skate?

sounds like fun, but i would like to hear more about it

Rebrevs
02-01-2005, 01:30 AM
Every year the Rebs have a post game skate with the fans. The fans are allowed to go on the ice with their skates and skate around with the Rebs. It was pretty crowded this year so their wasn't as much skating. The Rebs were very busy signing autographs so didn't get much skating in either.

Spungy
02-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the explaination... sounds like a great promotion, i can only imagine how crowded the ice was!

tiny
02-01-2005, 10:47 AM
:) :) :)
Unless you were there to see it, it is very difficult to explain how exciting it as for the fans (especially the young fans) to be allowed on the ice with their heroes.

The classy way the players treated the little ones was Terrific. Signing autographs, getting pictures taken, and generally making the fans feel important after such an emotional game must have taken a lot.
My granddaughter and nephew were thrilled that the players greated them and posed for pictures with them in such a friendly way.

Special thanks to Ted,who played tag with my nephew; Kuukka, who made sure the picture with my granddaughter was perfect; and Colin Fraser, who made being my granddaugter's hero justified. The whole team is to be admired.

Joe, Dean, Mooner, Mr. Sutter and all your crew...THANK YOU great promotion.