PDA

View Full Version : Limping to the West Coast

Scout
12-09-2005, 08:08 AM
No more hockey for us until after Christmas. The Bronco's will be heading West for games. Alot of injuries for this trip. Out is Schenderling, Hunter, Yonkman, Bortis and Lukacevic. Maybe even more that i don't know of. Some affiliate players will be called up. I received an e-mail from a buddy of Matt Tassone and he informed me Matt will be joining the team for the trip. Matt was injured but has recovered quicker than was expected. Got two points in his first game back and before his injury was leading the league in points. Not sure who else will be called up for this trip.

Also a reminder The Bronco's will be at the mall tonight for autographs. All 24 will be there to meet the fans.

Just a little side note here. Not only is Joe Sakic all class but so are his in-laws. I was in a store yesterday looking at hockey cards. A kid about 11 came over to the cards and had a toonie his dad gave him to buy a pack. As we both looked i started talking to him. I asked him "so you collect cards" and he replied " yah my dad gave me a toonie to buy a pack". He was looking at the $5.00 packs and i could see he wished he had more money. Me being the kind guy i am (lol) was going to give him some more so he could up grade to the $5.00 a pack. I asked him who his favourite player was and he replied Joe Sakic. I looked beside me and there stood Joe's mother-in-law. I know her and her face lit up. I said to the kid " this is Joe's mother-in-law". He looked at me like, yah right do you think i'm stupid. Joe's mother-in-law said yes i really am. The kid's mouth dropped. She then replied " would you like an autographed picture from Joe". The kid's face lit up and loudley replies "yes please". She reached into her purse and pulled out a 4x6 autographed picture from Joe. The kid said in and excited voice " thank-you very much " and ran out of the store. He never did spend his toonie. I thanked Joe's mother-in-law and said she made that kids day. What a classy lady to do what she did. I wish you all could of seen his face. I also wonder if he gave his dad back the toonie.lol.

Scout

rinkrat
12-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Great story,Scout! :clap:

Johnsy05
12-09-2005, 02:45 PM
No more hockey for us until after Christmas. The Bronco's will be heading West for games. Alot of injuries for this trip. Out is Schenderling, Hunter, Yonkman, Bortis and Lukacevic. Maybe even more that i don't know of. Some affiliate players will be called up. I received an e-mail from a buddy of Matt Tassone and he informed me Matt will be joining the team for the trip. Matt was injured but has recovered quicker than was expected. Got two points in his first game back and before his injury was leading the league in points. Not sure who else will be called up for this trip.

Also a reminder The Bronco's will be at the mall tonight for autographs. All 24 will be there to meet the fans.

Just a little side note here. Not only is Joe Sakic all class but so are his in-laws. I was in a store yesterday looking at hockey cards. A kid about 11 came over to the cards and had a toonie his dad gave him to buy a pack. As we both looked i started talking to him. I asked him "so you collect cards" and he replied " yah my dad gave me a toonie to buy a pack". He was looking at the $5.00 packs and i could see he wished he had more money. Me being the kind guy i am (lol) was going to give him some more so he could up grade to the $5.00 a pack. I asked him who his favourite player was and he replied Joe Sakic. I looked beside me and there stood Joe's mother-in-law. I know her and her face lit up. I said to the kid " this is Joe's mother-in-law". He looked at me like, yah right do you think i'm stupid. Joe's mother-in-law said yes i really am. The kid's mouth dropped. She then replied " would you like an autographed picture from Joe". The kid's face lit up and loudley replies "yes please". She reached into her purse and pulled out a 4x6 autographed picture from Joe. The kid said in and excited voice " thank-you very much " and ran out of the store. He never did spend his toonie. I thanked Joe's mother-in-law and said she made that kids day. What a classy lady to do what she did. I wish you all could of seen his face. I also wonder if he gave his dad back the toonie.lol.

Scout
Great story scout thanks for sharing that!

Johnsy05
12-09-2005, 02:48 PM

Scout

Hmm very interesting indeed i hope matt really does well and sticks with the team after(if possible).. also i wonder who else will get called up maybe wudrick? although i think he is playing in notre dame this year so he could meet up with them before they leave.. i really have no idea though.

Toswammi
12-09-2005, 05:45 PM
How about Kyle Ireland, would like to see/hear him play a few games this year.

2,5,andagame
12-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Adding to the injury list, I heard Toulmin broke his hand against Seattle and he won't make the trip.

Kristi
12-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Now that's a mom for ya........carrying around autographed pictures of her son (inlaw!!) How awesome!

She probably has no idea how much she made that kids day! Bet the picture was show and tell the next day at school!

Scout
12-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Thats just what Joe is like. Hates the lime lite but always makes time for his fans and especially kids who look up to him. He is very humbel and down to earth. I'm sure he gave them to his mother-in-law for kids just like the one in the story above.

Scout