PDA

View Full Version : Hockey sticks

HAF
02-01-2005, 06:35 AM
I am buying my son a junior hockey stick. He is only 4 so I have to cut it down for him pretty considerably. I've never played any organized hockey and was wondering how to measure where to cut it down to.
I have heard at chin level and also at nose level. Any pointers???
Any advise would be greatly appreciated..

grumphy
02-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Both are pretty standard measurements and the difference is a personal prefference, (stick handler or shooter), he will be just fine with ether one.

ScottyWazz
02-01-2005, 01:22 PM
It's chin level on skates, nose level not in skates; which is the rule of thumb from what I've experienced. Don't let him use a huge stick, but don't cut it down to something he'll use one year, grow, and not be able to use it again.

rinkrat
02-03-2005, 06:23 PM
What kind of hockey gear or sticks selection do they have in Hermiston or Tri Cities?

HAF
02-04-2005, 05:31 AM
What kind of hockey gear or sticks selection do they have in Hermiston or Tri Cities?
Hermiston has none but the Tri Cities has a pretty nice hockey shop on Clearwater ave called The Hockey Source. Its not huge but they have a pretty good selection and can order anything you want. Nice bunch of guys that run it. Hockey's a pretty big deal around here as surprising as that may sound. There are several youth leagues that go on year around. In fact they even had to build a second rink to accomodate everyone.

rinkrat
02-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Thats great,things are looking up...I'm in Vancouver and have recently attended a Midget tournament in Richmond,BC.There were teams from all over the states.L.A. Dallas,Alaska,Washington,etc. Its great to see hockey growing at the grassroots level in the states! That can only mean good things to come.