PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen trade for Lineker

Sabes
12-11-2005, 11:50 AM
http://www.saskatoonblades.com/

Saskatoon, SK: The Saskatoon Blades this evening announced that they have traded 19-year-old defenseman Craig Lineker to the Calgary Hitmen in exchange for a conditional 6th Round 2006 WHL Bantam Draft Pick.

In 27 games with the Blades, Lineker had collected 0 goals and 9 assists with 36 penalty minutes. Originally a 6th round bantam selection of the Regina Pats in 2001, Lineker was acquired by the Blades on September 15th from the Pats. Craig was one of six Saskatoon Blades who made the trip to Vancouver as part of Project Face-off 2005

Hitmen1
12-11-2005, 01:47 PM
I am alittle surprised at the deal. I believe this gives the Hitmen 8 defencemen with the club. Maybe another deal in the works?

Mileflames
12-11-2005, 04:44 PM
I am alittle surprised at the deal. I believe this gives the Hitmen 8 defencemen with the club. Maybe another deal in the works?

Jeff Schultz might be away for more then a month. I see it as a good pickup and I see a trade coming when Jeff Schultz gets back.

Same as Scott Bolland, 19, who is on loan from the Lethbridge Hurricanes.

Hitmen1
12-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Yeah Miles, I forgot about Schultz leaving. Also the Hitmen are without Pettersson and Pogge for the next little while. Curle just mentioned on the pregame that Moscaluk and Lilley have left the team, more info coming up. Fan960.com

Hitmen1
12-11-2005, 05:52 PM
For those who missed the pregame, Moscaluk and Lilley have left to look for other options for their careers. I am surprised that Moscaluk left because I thought he had been getting lots of ice time with the Hitmen this year. Hopefully Kisio can find a team willing to unload a 20 year old that can score.

RunTheGoalie
12-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Lilley isnt really a surprise, he was used sparingly.

I'm as surprised as you are about Moscaluk.

As far as this trade goes, I hope Lineker gets a lot better real fast, as he was simply terrible out there tonight. Brutal giveaway in the first led to a partial breakaway, and then he had to take a penalty to prevent a sure goal. And that was the highlight of his night.

But, the team got it done again, and are back in first with three games in hand on the Tigers.

Mileflames
12-12-2005, 11:10 AM
For those who missed the pregame, Moscaluk and Lilley have left to look for other options for their careers. I am surprised that Moscaluk left because I thought he had been getting lots of ice time with the Hitmen this year. Hopefully Kisio can find a team willing to unload a 20 year old that can score.

Odd that Moscaluk would leave, because if this team keeps going like it is, The more it will be watched and the more attention Moscaluk can get from bigger league teams or universities.

Dwight Schrute
12-12-2005, 01:59 PM
which one of calgarys dmen do you think they would be most willing to move ?
Curtis Kelner
Alex Plante
Dylan Yeo
Brett Carson
Dustin Kohn
Jeff Schultz
Craig Lineker
Karl Alzner

Flames&HitmenAddict
12-12-2005, 04:43 PM
anyone know where Alzner was?

Hitmen1
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
I think I heard Curle and Thrower say that Alzner is/was sick.