PDA

View Full Version : Shaw and Sportsnet

HAF
02-01-2005, 06:50 AM
I see a lot of talk about watching Dub games on these networks. Do any of you US fans know of a cable or Satelite provider that has these networks? I have Dish Network and cannot seem to locate any of the above mentioned. I'd be willing to make the switch if anyone has any ideas.

RunTheGoalie
02-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Neither can be had on American dishes.

Shaw is just the local, over-the-air channel that the cable company operates.

RSN is not available on American sattelite.

Tinner
02-01-2005, 02:33 PM
You know that a lot of Canadians have dishes that can get Directv, well, if you go to a Best Buy in Canada, buy an Bell Expressvu dish package (get a Canadain address) and set it up. It will work just fine, ask any Canadian who goes south for a winter vacation. ;)

HAF
02-01-2005, 02:38 PM
You know that a lot of Canadians have dishes that can get Directv, well, if you go to a Best Buy in Canada, buy an Bell Expressvu dish package (get a Canadain address) and set it up. It will work just fine, ask any Canadian who goes south for a winter vacation. ;)
I printed that post. Thanks Rebel, What do those dish packages cost?

C.F
02-01-2005, 02:58 PM
http://whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=364

If you look in this thread, it seems that shaw does show games in Portland. They have also mentioned on some of the games that it's televised in Oregon. Maybe you should look around for other companies that would show these games.

HAF
02-01-2005, 03:09 PM
I'll ask some portland fans. I know over here in the Eastern side of the state we dont get them on anything I have seen