PDA

View Full Version : Dome Game #20 vs. Seattle

The_Vulk
12-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Was this a painful game to watch or what?

Puck control? Or the lack of it, seemed to be the theme all night long.

When Calgary decided to play to their level, the T-Birds could not keep up. Sadly, the Hitmen seemed to play down to their level for most of the game.

But the end result was a win.

Hitmen1
12-11-2005, 10:29 PM
It seems that the Hitmen tend to play down the level of their opposition quite often, thankfully they usually come away with wins.

How did Spence look tonight? If Pogge makes the World Jr. team is Spence going to be able to carry the workload?

RunTheGoalie
12-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Spence was solid. He kicked out some terrible rebounds in the first, but put an end to that as the game went on. He had no hope on any of the goals.

Lineker did not have a good debut and Kohn, whom he was paired with, was brutal. I have absolutely no idea how you can can give up five defensive zone turnovers and still be named third star. What was Ken Thrower thinking?

Kisio's massive brainfart cost us the second goal, as he ordered Carson out for the faceoff when he already had five guys out there. Probably the most obvious too many men call in WHL history, and it led to a goal. I have no idea what Kisio was whining about when the call was made, it was pretty damn obvious.

The Thunderbirds played well at times, gutsy effort from them, but the Hitmen finally turned it on just enough to win. Felt sorry for the T-bird player who fell on his blue line, costing his team the empty net goal.

The_Vulk
12-12-2005, 10:26 AM
Spence was solid. He kicked out some terrible rebounds in the first, but put an end to that as the game went on. He had no hope on any of the goals.
I blame that on his lack of playing time so far this year.