PDA

View Full Version : Cougars 3-Broncos 2 in a shootout

Sput
12-11-2005, 11:56 PM
I just don't know what team to expect to see on any given game these days. They outshoot the Horsemen 39-26, miss way to many wide open nets, but this time find a way to eek out the winn in the shootout. Patty and Hunter both scored beauty goals, to bad they didn't do it more often during regulation. Giving up the single point for the tie wasn't detrimental to the standings this time, but its good to get the extra for the win.

Now these guys have to rest up quick and keep this thing going with wins over Portland, and two against Kamloops this week (wed, fri, sat). Hopefully there is a full or almost full house on Saturday for the annual Teddy Bear toss game. It will be nice to see a Blazer goalie cowering in the net as the teddy bears rain down on him! :groovy:

dynamitekid
12-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Just would like to here how the fight went last night.

Sput
12-13-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm not really sure why the whole thing started but.....I think it was Walker gave a Bronco a push at the bench right at the whistle. Another Bronco took acception to this and cross-checked Walker hard. Everyone pairs up, Benke grabs Zimmer in a headlock and takes a few shots, nothing to affective, but enough to really piss of Zimm. While the linesmen were busy with Walker and his dance partner, Zimmer gets loose and turns on Benke. I don't think Beke was excepting it, or isn't an aggressive fighter, but Zimm started swinging rights, and pushing Benke. Benke ended up half in the press bench (between the team benches) and Zimm landing shots at will. From my angle a clear win for Zimmer, and Benke seemd maostly ineffective the rest of the night, after he served his 2/5/10 in the box.