PDA

View Full Version : League makes decision on Glass incident

Scout
02-01-2005, 07:19 AM
The Western Hockey League has said they will not review the Glass blocker incident and will stick with the referee's decision of a 2 minute minor. Mean while coach Chynoweth received a 2 game suspension and a $ 500.00 league imposed fine.

witness
02-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Again the WHL has proven that there are two sets of rules. Didn't Slade get two games for the first incident? Nice to see the league is consistently inconsistent.

grumphy
02-01-2005, 11:38 AM
As a non Bronco fan I still have to agree, they blew this one big time, not a suprise but still rather discusting.

Beaner
02-01-2005, 02:44 PM
I guess Glasss will get his punishment handed to him on the 12th when Swift Current comes to Kootney.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that Glass doesnt play that game, and the poor backup goalie will have to suffer the Broncos wrath.

Fight Guy
02-01-2005, 06:05 PM
If you ask me...this is rediculous. As mentioned, this can me compaired to the Slade incident. He got a suspension for a single blow to the head of a player. How can getting hit in the head with a blocker once, then continue to be hit with a blocker after the player is unconcious on the ice not be reviewed by the league? There is cleary something wrong with the league. And the fact that Glass is Canada's gold medal goalie I'm sure had a bit to do with this decision.

I think if Glass plays their next game against each other (which he probably won't), Murray should give him what he deserves. Sure it would be better to just leave it at what it is, but this is just rediculous.

Scout
02-01-2005, 10:04 PM
I don't think Dean will allow any player to seek revenge. If you knew Dean like i do you would never meet a nicer guy. When he used to put on the skates he had a different demeaner to him. I don't think Glass will play when we go to Kootney. Can't see it. This would be piting family against family and mama Chynoweth would not be pleased. Now a few players may take it upon themselves to seek revenge but i can guarantee Dean will talk to the players before the game. No-one wants to see a player get head hunted for a previous incident especially if it's your dads all star goalie.

Scout

Beaner
02-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Yes, Im sure he will talk to them, and say something to the effect that its better to beat them on the scoreboard, then around the head. But once the boys are on the ice there is not much he can do, especially if the score gets out of hand.