PDA

View Full Version : We Need Help

Sabes
12-12-2005, 05:17 PM
With Kamloops and Tri-City both on the bottom of their divisions I would like to see us deal for Rome and Macias from Kamloops or MacDonald and Stephenson from Tri-Cities. Also if we could get 1 of their goalies either Price or Dubnyk I wouldn't complain. I know this probably won't happen but they would be ideal.

Dwight Schrute
12-12-2005, 07:46 PM
i think we might need more help i heard deckert hurt his groin but havent been able to find anthing official yet i looked at their roster on www.whl.ca and karsten felske was on there so i dont know what that means but it doesnt look good to me

Triton
12-12-2005, 09:46 PM
I don't think PA will be buyers.They will be sellers.Actually Medicine Hat is really high on Byers right now,and will get a look at him this Wednesday..a possible deal by the end of the week maybe?I think we have seen the last of Chipper in a raider uniform.I don't think we have the resources to nab either Price or Dubnyk,but with Deckert gone 4-6 weeks(tore the muscle right off the bone)there could be a chance for a deal...A Mike Nichol type deal.I honestly don't think we will be making very much noise this year with this team,and next year looks even worse.Maybe Clark is trying to sure up the next few years with a possible Byers-Chipper type deal where Clark could nab some 16-17-18's or a number of Bantam picks.I could be totally wrong as well.What do you think?

Dwight Schrute
12-12-2005, 11:19 PM
I don't think PA will be buyers.They will be sellers.Actually Medicine Hat is really high on Byers right now,and will get a look at him this Wednesday..a possible deal by the end of the week maybe?I think we have seen the last of Chipper in a raider uniform.I don't think we have the resources to nab either Price or Dubnyk,but with Deckert gone 4-6 weeks(tore the muscle right off the bone)there could be a chance for a deal...A Mike Nichol type deal.I honestly don't think we will be making very much noise this year with this team,and next year looks even worse.Maybe Clark is trying to sure up the next few years with a possible Byers-Chipper type deal where Clark could nab some 16-17-18's or a number of Bantam picks.I could be totally wrong as well.What do you think?

i think the raiders smartest move would be to be sellers id hate to think what they would be like without byers and chipchura but they are without them next year anyway why not get something while they can. also where did you find out about deckert ? ive been looking but cant find anything legit

FELIX17
12-13-2005, 07:35 AM
I hate to say it...but I believe PA will be unloading their top talent prior to the deadline. Now with Deckert hurt and relying on Archibald and Felske things look very bleak for the team. If you look at next years roster, things look even worse. Where will the scoring come from? The goaltending situation looks shaky at best. I think what is hurting them is the 17 year old situation. The 17 year olds on the team have not stepped up and will be average at best as 18 and 19 year olds. Chipchura, Byers, Seitsonen, and Thelen wouldn't be a part of the team next year anyway. If Clark decides to stand pat and acquire a couple of scorers, a defencemen, and a goaltender, what will the team have for the future? In order to acquire some elite players, Clark will have to actually give up promising talent instead of his usual 6th, 7th, and 8th round picks. Clark would be absolutely crazy for trading Trach and Tendler. These two guys are the teams future and without them, what talent will they have? Also David Aime, a 16 year old goaltender from Manitoba has a lot of potential. Trach will be a star one day and hopefully Clark has enough sense to recognize that.
With Chilliwack beginning play in '06 and the inevitable expansion of a team in Edmonton, the talent pool will be only getting worse. PA's scouting has done pretty well over the last number of years and it puts more pressure on them to find those diamond in the rough players with the inclusion of more teams. This year had so much promise, I truly thought they were only a couple of players away from a contending team.

If Clark decides to dump the likes of Chipchura, Seitsonen, Byers, and Thelen, he better be getting blue-chip prospects in return.

Does anyone have the most recent 50 man protected player list for the Raiders? If you do, can you please PM me with the list. Thanks.

Dwight Schrute
12-13-2005, 05:30 PM
they arent going to sell unless they can get rid of all the big 4.chip,aki,thelan,and byers . and they wont go cheap.
aki might be hard to unload as he has had a slow year and is a euro

Triton
12-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Now they say Deckert has been upgraded to day to day,but probably won't make another start till after the break.