PDA

View Full Version : This is for all...

Triton
02-01-2005, 09:33 AM
It's kinda like roll call but it's information about your teams that people may not know about...I thought I'd see how this would go..

Name:

1.Before the season started what were you hoping your team would achieve this season?

2.Now the season is half way through what have been your impressions of your team?

3.Which players on your team are likely to cause the other teams the most problems?

4.What appear to be the strengths and weaknesses in your roster this season?

Can you give us an idea of how your team rate in the following areas:

Netminders:
Defence:
Forwards:
Coaching:

5.What is the overage player situation currently like on your team, who are the overagers on your team and what type of players are they?

About the Arena:
6.How much is admission?

7.Is there a specific area within the arena usually populated by visiting fans?

8.How much is the match night program and what is it like?

9.How would you describe the concessions and refreshments at your arena, what are the typical prices and is it value for money?

10.What is provided as pre-game and interval entertainment?

11.How would you describe the atmosphere on match nights?

12.And finally what chants are visiting fans likely to hear you sing?

ihlemic10
02-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Name: Mike
How long have you supported your team: 2nd season.

1.Before the season started what were you hoping your team would achieve this season? Keep a winning record. Hopefully make it past 2nd round in Playoffs.

2.Now the season is half way through what have been your impressions of your team? Need more consistantcy (sp)

3.Which players on your team are likely to cause the other teams the most problems? Hamill, Wheat, Hromas

4.What appear to be the strengths and weaknesses in your roster this season? Young team. It can be both.

Netminders: 9
Defence: 7
Forwards: 8
Coaching: 9

5.What is the overage player situation currently like on your team, who are the overagers on your team and what type of players are they? Annesly, Love, Dietrich. Dietrich is a good forward. Love is a Enforcer, and Annesly is a good forward.

About the Arena:
6.How much is admission?
$10-$20US.

They usually scatter around the empty seats.

Never got one.

9.How would you describe the concessions and refreshments at your arena, what are the typical prices and is it value for money?
They are okay. Its arena food so its a bit overpriced.

10.What is provided as pre-game and interval entertainment?
Chuck a puck, kiss me, dance for your dinner, other contests.

11.How would you describe the atmosphere on match nights?
Loud and energetic.

12.And finally what chants are visiting fans likely to hear you sing?
Something bad about the ref...

IceMan
02-01-2005, 12:28 PM
I think that we should, rather than have this thread, perhaps have a fan representative from each team compose a page (make it a sticky post or maybe 2 of them) with things that opposing fans want to know.

ie: For fans visiting Everett, you can expect x,y,z from the arena .... you should eat here ... yada yada yada

Also, an insiders scouting report on the team for other teams fans. That way, when, say, Everett comes to town, they can look at the sticky post and get an idea of what players to look for to do certain things, things they can key on, etc .... to help them get the most out of the game when that team comes to their town.

I think that having one huge thread with random information in it is not going to be very useful, but if each team's moderator makes a sticky thread, with help from other members from that team, it would be more useful, as you can just go to the Hurricanes forum and find out about the team or the area by hitting the sticky post at the top of that forum.

Is this agreeable, or should we continue building up this one monster thread?

ScottyWazz
02-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Name: Scotty
How long have you supported your team: Two-years full-time

1.Before the season started what were you hoping your team would achieve this season? As hyped as they were, I was hoping they would feed the hype, but injuries and lax play has kind of killed them in the long run

2.Now the season is half way through what have been your impressions of your team? They're a good bunch of kids and seem to be clicking.

3.Which players on your team are likely to cause the other teams the most problems? Brodie Dupont. He's got everything: toughness, scoring prowless, and two-way play.

4.What appear to be the strengths and weaknesses in your roster this season? Strength: A lot of talent; Weakness: Not putting talent to good use.

Netminders: Bowles did pretty decent in his tenure, but Pogge has more than met the expectation of what I thought he would accomplish
Defence: It's a young group of fellows, but they have seemingly held their own throughout the season.
Forwards: Talk about a mixed bag. The Hitmen are blessed to have a combination of skill, grit, and determination.
Coaching: I hate Kelly Kisio......that being said-- he's done an alright job so far, yet should step aside for Evanson next year.

5.What is the overage player situation currently like on your team, who are the overagers on your team and what type of players are they?
Ryan Getzlaf, Brett O'Malley, Tyrel Lucas. Lucas and O'Malley are the role players who would take the hit to make a play. Getzlaf is the leader and the name on the team. He can score when he wants, but his defencive play is something to be desired.

About the Arena:
6.How much is admission? I think it's somewhere between $5 and $31 CDN

7.Is there a specific area within the arena usually populated by visiting fans? Some of them sit behind the bench of their team or behind their goalie for the 1st and 3rd. However, sometimes they're spread out.

8.How much is the match night program and what is it like? It's a $3 program, but it's a quarterly thing with a nightly insert. It's basically sometimes a history of the Hitmen with photos and feature articles about some players.

9.How would you describe the concessions and refreshments at your arena, what are the typical prices and is it value for money? It's NHL prices, so it's steep for the WHL. But it's a decent portion for the price, so it evens out....I think.

10.What is provided as pre-game and interval entertainment? Pre-game, there's not much; but during the intermission; there's always something. Whether it be a shootout with the little guys, ringette, or a contest with Farley the Fox and a hotel resort Duck. It's always entertaining.

11.How would you describe the atmosphere on match nights? It's a nice atmosphere, friendly one, too. Calgary fans are nuts about hockey and that's all that matters to them. It's affordable family entertainment with the NHL away. There's plenty of kids there around the rink, so you have that going for ya.

12.And finally what chants are visiting fans likely to hear you sing? A Hextall-esque chant on the opposing goalie.

D.A.
02-01-2005, 01:29 PM
I think this thread is important to get the basic info together. From there, the team mods can copy and paste it into a sticky in each forum. That said:

Name: D.A.
How long have you supported your team: 1998.

1.Before the season started what were you hoping your team would achieve this season? - We always expect the Rebels to do very well, but I think realistically, most people were thinking 2nd or 3rd in the division.

2.Now the season is half way through what have been your impressions of your team? - somewhat inconsistent, but still with every possibility of finishing first.

3.Which players on your team are likely to cause the other teams the most problems? - Phaneuf (skating puck out of zone, big hits, hard shot) and the top line of Fraser-Wick-Morris (averaging about 6 points a game over the last 10).

4.What appear to be the strengths and weaknesses in your roster this season? - strengths: spread out offense, Phaneuf. weaknesses: inconsistent goaltending.

Netminders: inconsistent, but still above average
Defence: young, but Phaneuf makes them quite good overall
Forwards: better since the trade deadline; top quarter of the league now, I think
Coaching: best in the league

Morris - talented offensive player
Festa - starting goalie (for now)
Neiszner - gritty, hard-working forward

About the Arena:
6.How much is admission? - $14.50 for adults, $11.50 for students/seniors, $7.50 for children

7.Is there a specific area within the arena usually populated by visiting fans? - upper bowl corners or corner bleachers

8.How much is the match night program and what is it like? $3; 8x10 glossy mag with lots of ads, inserts with game day info

9.How would you describe the concessions and refreshments at your arena, what are the typical prices and is it value for money? - generally good, but you must have a malt ice cream.

10.What is provided as pre-game and interval entertainment? - pre-game: none; intermissions: pretty typical on-ice stuff. Usually a kids game in one intermission.

11.How would you describe the atmosphere on match nights? - Rebels fans are serious about their hockey; usually only gets loud when the ref is blowing it or the Hitmen fans are in.

12.And finally what chants are visiting fans likely to hear you sing? - POG-GE! SU-CKS!

Tinner
02-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Name: Rebel39
How long have you supported your team: since inception (1991)

1.Before the season started what were you hoping your team would achieve this season? consistancy

2.Now the season is half way through what have been your impressions of your team? team play and team cohesivness is much better

3.Which players on your team are likely to cause the other teams the most problems? Double Dion and Morris, Wick(y) is trickey

4.What appear to be the strengths and weaknesses in your roster this season? Sutter is the strength, weakness is our skill level

Netminders:7 out of 10
Defence:7 (only because of dion)
Forwards: 6
Coaching:9

5.What is the overage player situation currently like on your team, who are the overagers on your team and what type of players are they? Morris, leading scorer, Festa,#1 goalie and Neizner, grinder with some skills.

About the Arena:
6.How much is admission? $10 - $12

No, they will split them to 3-4 differnet areas, because of season ticket seating
8.How much is the match night program and what is it like? $3? not sure, don't buy it.

9.How would you describe the concessions and refreshments at your arena, what are the typical prices and is it value for money? Arena food, at best average except for the pizza - goood

10.What is provided as pre-game and interval entertainment? on ice contests and dynamite mini games

11.How would you describe the atmosphere on match nights? quiet

12.And finally what chants are visiting fans likely to hear you sing? I think they love the chant at the start of O Canada.

kelownakarl
02-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Name: Kelowna Karl
How long have you supported your team: Since their arrival in town!

1.Before the season started what were you hoping your team would achieve this season? Show Everyone that we wont have a cup-hangover!

2.Now the season is half way through what have been your impressions of your team? Impressed, I didnt think it would be us and Kootenay neck and neck in the BC!

3.Which players on your team are likely to cause the other teams the most problems? Weber, Mosienko

4.What appear to be the strengths and weaknesses in your roster this season? strength-teamwork.... weakness- not one high profile goal scorer

Netminders: Above average
Defence: average
Forwards: above average
Coaching: excellent!

5.What is the overage player situation currently like on your team, who are the overagers on your team and what type of players are they? palin - hard nosed stay at home leader.... mosienko - workhorse... deschamps - veteran leader i guess.

About the Arena:
6.How much is admission? $14

7.Is there a specific area within the arena usually populated by visiting fans? ummm i guess I would say the zambonie end.

8.How much is the match night program and what is it like? I dont purchase them! Gte my info from the internet.

9.How would you describe the concessions and refreshments at your arena, what are the typical prices and is it value for money? Overpriced......everything.

10.What is provided as pre-game and interval entertainment? Same music since the arena opened?!! Cool little blowup ogopogo mouth the team enters the ice through.

11.How would you describe the atmosphere on match nights? Fairweather fans. When its a boring game the fans are bored. When its exciting their excited... there really is no in between. Either one way or the other.

12.And finally what chants are visiting fans likely to hear you sing? Nothing really...

C.F
02-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Name: Matt
How long have you supported your team: The whole 4 years they've been here.

1.Before the season started what were you hoping your team would achieve this season? The memorial cup of course.

2.Now the season is half way through what have been your impressions of your team? Well, they're a very streaky team. Hopefully they can turn things aruond for playoffs.

3.Which players on your team are likely to cause the other teams the most problems? Brule.

4.What appear to be the strengths and weaknesses in your roster this season? Strength-Offence weakness-Defence

Can you give us an idea of how your team rate in the following areas

Netminders:6.5/10 Schwarz should be doing better!
Defence:7/10, they've improved, but the problem is still there
Forwards:10/10 one of the top scoring teams
Coaching:8/10 Hay's a good coach.

5.What is the overage player situation currently like on your team, who are the overagers on your team and what type of players are they?Courchaine, Grant, Seder.

About the Arena: The PC is awesome. It's where the Nucks used to play.
6.How much is admission? 10-18 bucks

7.Is there a specific area within the arena usually populated by visiting fans?By their bench I suppose

9.How would you describe the concessions and refreshments at your arena, what are the typical prices and is it value for money?There's a white spot which is good, but the line-ups are huge.

10.What is provided as pre-game and interval entertainment?a ot air balloon drops coupons, the kids love it.

11.How would you describe the atmosphere on match nights?The crowd can get crazy when they want to.

12.And finally what chants are visiting fans likely to hear you sing? When Crazy George is in town, there are 2 drum thumps then "GIANTS". The Vancouver crowd is also famous for hassling the goalie.

Jew Panda
02-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Name: Matt

How long have you supported your team: I attended my first game in '94 at the tender age of seven, have had season tickets since '96.

1.Before the season started what were you hoping your team would achieve this season? Second on the division, behind Kelowna or Vancouver.

2.Now the season is half way through what have been your impressions of your team? Nothing really. I've been impressed with back-up Michael Maniago's performance, but that's about it.

3.Which players on your team are likely to cause the other teams the most problems? Kris Hogg, Aaron Richards, Matt Kassian.

4.What appear to be the strengths and weaknesses in your roster this season? Strengths: Forechecking, physical play. Weaknesses: Lack of experience, dedication and overall talent.

Netminders: 7/10 - Dubnyk has the ability to make at least a 9/10
Defence: 5/10 - Inexperienced, small, don't see the ice well. Their upside is they can really fly and have offensive potential.
Forwards: 4/10 - Losing Lukin is like losing the star of the show, with no supporting cast.
Coaching: 3/10 - The team has been better lately, but the better part of last season and the beginning of this season has been a disaster. Players can't keep their cool, misbehaving outside of hockey. I blame it mostly on the coaching, and partly due to the players personalities.

5.What is the overage player situation currently like on your team, who are the overagers on your team and what type of players are they? Aaron Richards, Paul Gentile. Tyrell Moulton is born the same year, but I'm not sure how it works. I'm assuming they have some sort of deadline. As for how they've been, Tyrell Moulton is much needed experience on the blue line, Aaron Richards is our only form of scoring and I haven't seen Gentile play yet.

About the Arena:

6.How much is admission? About $11.00, I believe. Not too sure. Haven't purchased one in years.

7.Is there a specific area within the arena usually populated by visiting fans? The end closest to the entrance doors are usually filled with dirty Kelowna fans. :]

8.How much is the match night program and what is it like? Two dollars. It's alright, but a lot of the articles are redundant and don't tell me much new information.

9.How would you describe the concessions and refreshments at your arena, what are the typical prices and is it value for money? It's expensive and I don't usually buy anything. Got to keep the weight off, you know.

10.What is provided as pre-game and interval entertainment? Nothing special, some featured nights where they'll have competitions and such. Not near as fun as it used to be. I guess they're trying to save money.

11.How would you describe the atmosphere on match nights? Mellow at best. Unless a fight breaks out or the Blazers score ten goals. Then, the crowd would be rocking.

12.And finally what chants are visiting fans likely to hear you sing? Now that Kiel McLeod isn't on the Rockets anymore, I have no need to chant anything insulting or disturbing.

mccabe23
02-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Name: Mccabe23
How long have you supported your team: From the begining

1.Before the season started what were you hoping your team would achieve this season? I was hoping for a good effort to defend the cup.

2.Now the season is half way through what have been your impressions of your team? VERY suprised how well they are doing! They are still a threat.

3.Which players on your team are likely to cause the other teams the most problems? Mosienko, Weber, Keller and Comeau

4.What appear to be the strengths and weaknesses in your roster this season? Strengths: defense, goaltending, home-ice. Weakness: Lack the punch to open it up offensively.

Netminders: Above Average
Defence: Above Average
Forwards: Average
Coaching: Above Average

5.What is the overage player situation currently like on your team, who are the overagers on your team and what type of players are they? Palin: Solid, dependable Defensive D-man, Leader. Mosienko: Sparkplug, one of the best penalty killers and forechecker there is. Deschamps: still trying to figure out what he brings to the table.....

About the Arena:
6.How much is admission? $14 I think. Good luck getting in! lol

7.Is there a specific area within the arena usually populated by visiting fans? Section 112 usually but more scattered around this year.

8.How much is the match night program and what is it like? A toonie for a crappy couple of pages. I stoped buying them.

9.How would you describe the concessions and refreshments at your arena, what are the typical prices and is it value for money? Airport prices. A joke, really.

10.What is provided as pre-game and interval entertainment? Usually events in the intermissions such as minor hockey games and contests.

11.How would you describe the atmosphere on match nights? Most nights it's pretty quiet but once the fans finally get into it, it's get's pretty loud. The final game of the memorial cup last year was loud and electrifying!

12.And finally what chants are visiting fans likely to hear you sing? "Warm up the bus"!!!

rinkrat
02-01-2005, 04:59 PM
"6.How much is admission? 10-18 bucks"
Where are you getting your Giants tickets?
Ticket master sells reds for $16.00 + 2.00 fee =$18.00
golds for $18.00+ 2.00fee= $20.00

C.F
02-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Sorry. I'm a season ticket holder so I don't normally buy single tickets.

Brad
02-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Name: Brad

How long have you supported your team: 13 years.

1.Before the season started what were you hoping your team would achieve this season? First place in the U.S. Division and advance to the second round of the playoffs.

2.Now the season is half way through what have been your impressions of your team? They have underacheived. Good goaltending, great defensive core, good toughness, with a lack of skill and scoring capability up front.

3.Which players on your team are likely to cause the other teams the most problems? Shawn Belle because of his speed. Marcus Jonasen because of his combination of size and skill. Matt Schneider because of his size, reach and hockey smarts. Carey Price because he can steal games. Marc Conners for his tenacious forecheck.

4.What appear to be the strengths and weaknesses in your roster this season? Strength: Blueliners, goaltending and toughness. Weakness: Speed and goal scoring ability at forward, players not maximizing their strengths.

Netminders: Above average - Price; Average - Olynyk.
Defence: Excellent.
Forwards: Above average for size and toughness; below average for speed and skill.
Coaching: Above average.

Current Situation - Three Overagers.

Marcus Jonasen - European; Captain. Great size (6'4" 220 lbs) combined with above average skills. Plays physical, but doesn't fight.

Dylan Stanley - Smallish center, with average skating skills. Easy to knock off the puck. Good passer and good vision. Is an above average player when he works hard and keeps his feet moving. When not working or moving his feet he is an average player at best. Wears an "A", but I don't consider him a leader.

Andy Thompson - Pretty good set of tools. Average speed. Good toughness, questionable judgement about when to use it. Questionable confidence. When things are going good he will contribute in all facets. When things are going bad, don't look to him to lead you out of it.

About the Arena:
6.How much is admission? Walk up admission is Adults $15, Seniors $12, Youth/Students $10. All seats in the area are the same price. Prices in U.S. dollars.

7.Is there a specific area within the arena usually populated by visiting fans? West end. Attacking end for the visiting team for the first and third periods.

8.How much is the match night program and what is it like? One dollar I believe, but it might be two. Nothing of value but the rosters. Print one from home and save yourself the money.

9.How would you describe the concessions and refreshments at your arena, what are the typical prices and is it value for money? Hamburger is like $4. Fries are probably $3. Soda $2-3. Decent variety (Chinese, Mexican, Pizza, etc). Its ovepriced, but not as bad as Spokane, Seattle, Portland. Beer is $5 for draft and I think it is a 20 ounce cup.

10.What is provided as pre-game and interval entertainment? No pre-game entertainment, unless you consider warmups as entertainment. Intermission is your normal stuff. Chuck-a-puck on Saturday night. Youngster hockey every three or four games. Rest of the time lame stuff. They do have a blimp that flies around and drops prize balls every intermission along with the mascot shooting t-shirts out of an air cannon.

11.How would you describe the atmosphere on match nights? On most nights this season...frustrated. It can be electric with a good crowd and the boys are banging.

12.And finally what chants are visiting fans likely to hear you sing? With the Chiefs in town, they will hear Spokane Sucks.

UKWheatie
02-02-2005, 05:43 AM
It's kinda like roll call but it's information about your teams that people may not know about...I thought I'd see how this would go..

Great idea!!! couldn't imagine where you got the idea or questions from!!

Triton
02-02-2005, 12:26 PM
I used it I thought It would go over well here seeing is there are so many posters that are registered.Thought that It would be a great topic.It wasn't registered on your site,which makes it touchable. so it's open to everyone.Yeah you may have came up with the idea but I changed it slightly.The response from all has been great.Very nice to hear about other teams like the ones out west and in the states.

IceMan
02-02-2005, 01:03 PM
We went ahead and expanded this a bit, and made a sticky post out of it in the Silvertips Forum here: http://whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=463

Other team mods ... please follow suit !