PDA

View Full Version : Blair Stengler??

Offsider
12-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Sorry if I missed this . But why did Blair leave the Cougers

Scout
12-14-2005, 07:30 AM
Not sure if this is correct or not, but from what we are told in Swift Current ( he is from just outside Swift ) is that he was not having fun anymore. It is also said that he will play in The Saskatchewan Junior League. It may be he was getting home sick. This is only what i was told in Swift Current so it may not be the truth. I know the Prince George players were not happen with him bailing when they have so many injuries. The media also said The Bronco's will NOT try to make a trade for him.

Scout

Ms. Hockey
12-14-2005, 01:04 PM
How do I say "duh" politely? Teams pretty much never trade back for a player!

Flathead
12-14-2005, 09:02 PM
How do I say "duh" politely? Teams pretty much never trade back for a player!
I'm sure if you didn't have to give up much for a hometown kid, it wouldn't be that bad of an idea though. Especially a small market like Swift, it never hurts to have some local kids to draw in a few more fans!

Sput
12-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Sorry for the delay on this, but....

No one here really knows to much, or isn't saying why, Blair left so suddenly. There are rumors, but who knows which, if any are true. I can't see it being ice time. He was one of the top penalty killers on the team, and Lord knows they were taking lots of penalties. Could be he just lost the drive for the game, at least at such a high level, and wasn't having fun anymore. As far as I know the Cougs still hold his rights until he decides what he wants to do.