PDA

View Full Version : Rebels/Blades

Tinner
12-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Can anyone give a brief update on the game. Unable to catch the broadcast.

SectionNDeserter
12-14-2005, 10:43 PM
I watched it on the internet. Both teams looked a little sloppy on defense at times, both goalies made a handful of spectacular saves, and with about 6 minutes left in the game, the Blades totally took over, and Reimer really looked sharp as he was barraged with shots for the last 6 minutes. Overtime solved nothing, and it went to a shootout. Both goalies stopped the first 3 shots, and Wacey Rabbit scored on Saskatoon's 4th attempt.

Tinner
12-14-2005, 10:45 PM
how was the internet webcast?

SectionNDeserter
12-14-2005, 10:58 PM
The camera work was ok, the stream was good, but there was an issue with the audio, as at times, you could hear the play by play guys, and the promo guy's mike feed at the same time. Their promo guy is SO annoying, sounds like the guy from all those monster truck/motocross event commercials.

Tinner
12-14-2005, 11:00 PM
is it worth the price.....and is it in "sync" with the radio broadcast by mooner?

SectionNDeserter
12-14-2005, 11:03 PM
I never really checked, didn't have a radio handy, and figured running another stream would disrupt one or the other. Overall, I rank it worse than being at the game, and a little better than watching it on TV.

RebelsFan
12-15-2005, 09:13 AM
I was lucky enough to be at the game. First peroid was a little slow and sloppy on both sides. Nothing too exciting there. Second period was way more up tempo. Rebels worked hard. Third period was again quite good. Rebels had some excellent chances as did the Blades. Both teams defense at times seemed to lose sight of the puck near the net and the goalies on both sides had to make dramatic saves (which they did). Red Deer did an excellent job playing against the division leading Blades. I believe both goalies played midget hockey against each other in Manitoba last year. Bright spots for the Rebels were as follows.

Hansen - He logged a lot of minutes late in the game and in OT. He was just very solid and dependable

Reimer - Looked quite composed for a younger goalie. Made most of the big saves when called upon. ( Wacey Rabbit is hard to stop one on one in shoutout)
Interesting that Leslie didn't play his being from Saskatoon and all.

Versteeg - he's on the smaller side but his foor speed and abilities with the puck make him very enjoyable to watch.

Petkau - this guy was going hard all of the time.

Cunning - he seemed to be a little disinterested at first but as the game got nearer the end he started to get more involved and was working way harder. I think he will Definitely add to the team.

Knackstedt - worked hard all game. had some excellent scoring chances and two assists. a good effort in front of his home crowd.

Mihalik - looks a little slow but his long reach makes up for some foot speed issues. He has one he** of a shot though!

I listed mainly new talent as you guys have seen the other guys a fair bit. I think that other than the couple of d-men listed, we struggled with the same issues with our young defense.

Another real test comes in Brandon tonight. Will we come out of the basement tonight? It'll be a good game I'm sure! I'm sure with the new talent added, we won't be in the basement for long.

Shinyshoes
12-15-2005, 09:13 AM
it went to a shootout. Both goalies stopped the first 3 shots, and Wacey Rabbit scored on Saskatoon's 4th attempt.
Actually, Both Golies Stopped the first 2 shooters, not 3, and then when Rabbit Scored on Saskatoon's 3rd attempt, coupled with Versteeg failing to score, gave The Blades the win.

Shooters for Red Deer Were Gillies, Brett Sutter, and Versteeg. Shooters for the Blades were Barnes, Bahensky and Rabbit.

SectionNDeserter
12-15-2005, 09:35 AM
Interesting that Leslie didn't play his being from Saskatoon and all.

No, I think that is one name you won't be hearing so much in the last half of the season.