PDA

View Full Version : Rick Rypien

Pats11
12-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Just watched the Manitoba Moose game tonight and finally got to see Rick play in an AHL game. He's done quite well for himself since leaving the Pats seeing as he signed a contract with the Canucks and the Moose love him, he currently leads the team in penalty minutes and has chipped in a few goals and points so far this season.

As for the game tonight he was probably the most physical guy on the ice, he got into a scrap early in the first and pounded the guy with lefts.....huge win for Rick in that one. He also smoked a Crunch player that almost got him into another fight in the third, he got a five minute major for charging(it was charging but not worth 5) on the play.

Great to see Rypien play again, easily my favourite Pat the whole time he was here and he has been impossible to replace so far this season.

nivek_wahs
12-15-2005, 06:05 AM
I thought when Rick graduated that the Pats lost their "heart." But thankfully they have managed to do awesome with a few new veterans and others step up with more of a team "heart." There seems to be more of a team togetherness this year than there has in the last few seasons.

I do agree Rick was the Pats true sparkplug and leader who always gave his all. One of the toughest scrappers the Pats have had in some time (pound for pound probably one of the toughest Pats of all-time). I hope to one day see him in the NHL. I think he worked hard and will make it one day.

Kevin

Dwight Schrute
12-15-2005, 07:35 PM
i am a raider fan and also a huge canuck fan i was very pleased when the cancks signed him he is very good at what he does. and i hope he has lots of success in the future