PDA

View Full Version : Blades Vs Rebels

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-14-2005, 11:57 PM
At this game I got lucky again,because I arrived at the game just minutes before it started(and because of this I was not able to write down the Player scratches for each team, because I missed the bus from the downtown bus terminal going to the game,I think it was a good thing because I was in waiting in line to exchange my voucher for a ticket and this guy walked up and started handing out tickets(I am guessing that he is a season ticket holder and also because it was raincheck night and was probably getting rid of his unused tickets,it was weird but I guess that was my early Christmas present :)If I was at the game any earlier,I would have not been that lucky.

The Game Summary:

The Rebels held the puck in the Blades zone for the first part of the 1st period. In the second period the play was at both ends of the ice(unlike most of the 1st period) In total the two teams combined for 4 Penalty Minutes,so both teams played a very disiplined game, at times during the game the Rebels kept the puck in the Blades end as if they were on a powerplay,the Blades defence made some mistakes that maybe lead to 2 goals,but aside from that,they played a good game,and Kevin Armstrong did his part to keep the team in the game too. The game was tied 2-2 going into overtime but that did not solve the tie either,so a shootout occured. kevin Armstrong and James Riemer both saved the first couple of shots. It was on the 3rd shot that Wacey Rabbit scored the winner for the Blades.(he seems to be the go to guy in the shootout) The final score was 3-2 in favor of the Blades. I thought that the Blades were out played but battled back very strongly, with the amount of pressure that the Rebels put on the Blades,and the Rebels could have won the game in regulation time. The goaltending was what kept both teams in the game. Now with this win the team continues to ride a 5 game winning streak,Calgary who has found a way to defeat the Blades this season will face the Blades on Saturday which teddy Bear Toss night. (these are just some things that I heard) that more key players(Zdenek Bahensky and Anton Khudobin) might be out of the lineup soon due to the World Juniors,and their countries participating in the tournament. Maybe other losses due to the U17 tournament. (Colton Gillies,Ryan Funk and maybe Adam Geric too) Does anybody know more about the situation? :confused: