PDA

View Full Version : Bronco's/Giants Game Recap

Scout
12-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Courtesy Beaner:

Broncos 3 @ Giants 4 (OT) Dec. 16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting game tonight, and definatley one of the most exciting if you were a Giants fan. 1st and 2nd periods the Broncos were given 3 oppurtunities to score and they did, on all 3. Giants had a lot of chances but Moir was stopping everything. Giants at times in the 1st 2 periods had the jump but were hardly working as a team, I felt there was a lot of individual play in those 1st 2 periods. 3rd period the Giants came out as a unit, and basically hemmed the Broncos in their own zone for the entire 3rd. Shots in the third period alone were 20-1 for the Giants. Some absolutely amazing saves by Moir in the third, the Giants could have easily had 5 goals in that period alone. Overall a nice come from behind win for the Giants tonight in OT, but I don't think it should have ever even been in doubt.

NOTES
Slade and Moir got the starts tonight.
Mikkelson returned to the lineup after missing 16 games with a MCL Injury.
Repik (shoulder), Tartaglione, Blum, Voytechuk, and Reese (hand) were the Giants scratches.
Rutherford was ejected from the game after taking a 5min. Major for clipping in the 1st.
Matt Tassone for the Broncos blocked a shot either high in the chest or off the helmet, he laid motionless on the ice for several minutes, but eventually got up and went to the bench. Not sure if returned or not, and I'm not 100% sure it was him. Pretty sure it was #27.
Shots 51-19 for the Giants.
PP Giants 1/10, Broncos 1/6

GOALS
1. S.C Lukacevic, (12) (Rakos), 2:14 (SH) On the PK, Slade gets the puck and tries to fire a pass to the Red line that gets intercepted by Rakos, who dishes to Lukacevic all alone in the slot, and he goes wide on Slade and tucks it in.
1. S.C Aspenlind, (7) (Hengen, Rakos), 17:42 Shot from the point from Hengen, Dustin is way out of the net, huge rebound into the slot right onto Aspenlinds' stick and he fires it into the empty cage.
2. S.C Lukacevic, (13) (Hengen, Desloges), 12:04 (PP) on the 5-3 PP, Shot from the point comes in and it gets deflected into the net. I think it may have hit 2 players on the way in.
3. VAN Bartley, (15) (Kraus, Franson), 4:40 (PP) 5-4 PP, Kraus gets the puck behind the net, fires a pass to Bartley alone in the slot and he one times it past Moir. Q the bears, FINALLY!
3. VAN Machacek, (8) (Czibere, Lucic), 6:20 More action in the Broncos zone, shot comes into Moir he gives up a rebound onto the far side and Machacek picks it up and tucks it home.
3. VAN Machacek, (9) (Lucic, Fistric), 18:45 Broncos try to get the puck out of the zone, Fistric blocks the attempt scrum on the boards, Lucic gets the puck and dishes it off to Machacek int he slot who goes in and dekes out Moir for the Goal.
OT. VAN Franson, (9) (Bartley, Albers), 0:25 Bartley on the boards with 2 Broncos, he chips it into the slot to a streaking Franson, who goes in alone on Moir, goes forehand Backhand and tuck it in short side.

FISTICUFFS

Rutherford and Weise
After Rutherford runs Weise with a late hit, Weise drops the gloves and starts to pound on Rutherford. Rutherford takes the shots, trying to get Weise to draw the extra penalties. Weise probably got about 5 shots in before the linesman break it up. Weise gets 4 FOR ROUGHING, and Rutherford gets 5 for clipping and a Game. More about the reffing later.

Watt and Hengen
After Hengen Slashes Bartley ont he back of the legs while the Giants are on the PP, and Savage misses it completely, Watt comes in to do a little Fronteir Justice. All Watt as he landed numerous good shots in on Hengen, Hengen was in basic duck and cover mode. Watt gets 2/5/10, Hengen gets 4 for Spearing and 5 for fighting.

OFFICIATING
Savage was the man tonight, and he was BRUTAL. Rutherford gets 5 and a game for what at best was 4 for interference but more like 2. Weise Jumps him and throws at least 5 bare knuckle punches, 4 for ROUGHING!. He missed the Slash that Hengen put on Bartley, but then adds in 4 spearing? After the 10 min mark in the third it was anything goes. Savage was brutal, and the Linesman were just as bad. Nightingale, blew at least 4 calls on the blueline in the third alone. This crew was just terrible, easily the worst so far this year. The worst part of the night was the Giants on the PP, a Bronco player blocks a shot high, either off the head or in the upper chest, he lays motionless on the ice, and Savage just lets the play continue. I wasnt sure if that kid was going to get back up. The play must have continued for a good 30-45 sec before the puck was frozen.

BRUTAL. GRADE FOR THE ENTIRE CREW TONIGHT: F-

DUMB PENALTY OF THE NIGHT
I'll give it to Hengen 4mins for spearing while already shorthanded. Play was at the opposite end of the ice, just dumb, considering the Giants were really taking it to the Broncos at this point.

OVERALL
Well, the Giants probably should have won this game to start, but they waited till the third to take it to the Broncos. Broncos could not keep up with the Giants 3rd period forecheck, and Moir was the only reason this game went to OT. Lucic and Machacek were just amazing tonight, I think Lucic was being triple shifted, he seemed to be out there every single shift. It was looking like a disappointing night on Teddy bear toss night, but, it all worked out in the end for the Giants tonight.

I know the Broncos had a lot of their regulars out, but they are a very fast team. There could be some potential in the future with those players if their skating continues to improve, and they get a chance to learn the Broncos systems.

3 Stars
1. S.C - 30 Kyle Moir
2. VAN - 15 Spencer Machacek
3. VAN - 27 Milan Lucic

Very good picks tonight, and a nice cheer for Moir from the Vancouver Fans. He was definatley amazing tonight.

Beaner

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
12-17-2005, 09:39 AM
OFFICIATING
Savage was the man tonight, and he was BRUTAL. Rutherford gets 5 and a game for what at best was 4 for interference but more like 2. Weise Jumps him and throws at least 5 bare knuckle punches, 4 for ROUGHING!. He missed the Slash that Hengen put on Bartley, but then adds in 4 spearing? After the 10 min mark in the third it was anything goes. Savage was brutal, and the Linesman were just as bad.

BRUTAL. GRADE FOR THE ENTIRE CREW TONIGHT: F-

So the Macho Man Chris Savage strikes again! How in the blue hell does this guy still have a job in the league? Everytime he officiates games in Swift he calls a brutal game, now this curse of an official heads over to Vancouver and gives us the royal screwover AGAIN!

I'm begging all of the fans in Swift Current to let this guy know our disgust for him the next time he brings his God awful officiating back to the Civic Centre. A kindly "You Suck" chant would almost certainly not be out of order for this donkey.

This guy has to be on drugs when he calls games, because the calls he makes don't even represent what occured on the ice. Enough of this guy and his phantom penalties! :burningma

Beaner
12-17-2005, 11:34 AM
This guy has to be on drugs when he calls games, because the calls he makes don't even represent what occured on the ice. Enough of this guy and his phantom penalties! :burningma

Dont insult people on Drugs, they would still be able to do a better job then Savage.

If I could come to Swift and Boo him next time hes in town I would, Guess I'll just have to boo him from here in Vancouver.

chiefgongshow
12-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Good recap. The OT goal on the webcast looked like it was just a turnover by Desloges that lead to the 2 on 1. Everytime the Broncos seems to go into overtime Dean puts Desloges out and he turns it over trying to be fancy and playing selfish and it always leads to good chances.

Beaner
12-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Good recap. The OT goal on the webcast looked like it was just a turnover by Desloges that lead to the 2 on 1. Everytime the Broncos seems to go into overtime Dean puts Desloges out and he turns it over trying to be fancy and playing selfish and it always leads to good chances.

Yes it was a turnover, but the Giants were coming full guns the entire 3rd and OT. SC could just not keep up, if it hadn't of been for Moir, it wouldn't have even gotten to Overtime.