PDA

View Full Version : Pats interested in Thelen or Schafer

patsdude114
12-18-2005, 06:28 PM
With some of the pats history in trading with PA in the past few yrs dont be surprised if the pats come knocking on the raider door about 1 of these guys.... i know 1 of the pats scouts (my fathers friend of 11 yrs) he has said that parker has extreme interest in 1 of these guys which ever PA is willing to part with either or brings alot to the table which the pats could use a big guy on the defence...... we have tons of talented youth in our system and with the steal of a deal the raiders got for Schlenker 2 seasons ago i think the raiders kinda owe us a deal (not saying for nothing)

With the pats having a open spot for a 20 yr old that makes Schafer a beter fit and will come alot cheaper considering he is in his final season ...either or look at the pats to fill a role with a big defencemen and PA is the top target

Good Luck with the rest of the year...Id rather see PA in the post season then Brandon

Triton
12-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Id rather see PA in the post season then Brandon

Why is that?

patsdude114
12-18-2005, 08:48 PM
cause i hate everything about Brandon...alot of it has to do with when Tootoo played there he was such a head hunter and the coach at the time gave him a huge pat on the back then the head after he went head hunting at Matt Hubbauer....all i gotta say is Tootoo then got what he deserved when Colton Orr came around during a scrum after a whistle and sucker punched Tootoo what a way to end ur junior career.....

So that my friend is why i hate the Brandon Wheat Kings so much i just love the fact that the they r stinking the joint out if Tyler Plante was 19 or 20 this season Brandon would get great prospects for him cuz thats all the WHeaties have this season

Triton
12-18-2005, 09:09 PM
cause i hate everything about Brandon...alot of it has to do with when Tootoo played there he was such a head hunter and the coach at the time gave him a huge pat on the back then the head after he went head hunting at Matt Hubbauer....all i gotta say is Tootoo then got what he deserved when Colton Orr came around during a scrum after a whistle and sucker punched Tootoo what a way to end ur junior career.....

So that my friend is why i hate the Brandon Wheat Kings so much i just love the fact that the they r stinking the joint out if Tyler Plante was 19 or 20 this season Brandon would get great prospects for him cuz thats all the WHeaties have this season

Your one of those people who have grudges forever?So you base that on one player who is no longer with them?What about the hit McGillivary gave on Derlago?I don't hold a grudge on that.I wouldn't talk about anyone stinking up the joint,the patsies haven't been the greatest in recent years either.The team has one average year every 6 and spend the rest at the bottom of the east.Not sure if you get out much but we have been playing very good hockey as of late.We are tied for the last playoff spot with 2 games in hand.Tyler hasn't been our only bright spot this year.If you knew anything you'd know that Derek Leblanc,Theran Yeo,Sami Sandell,Mark Derlago and Codey Burki have all been playing well this season.I think your just trying to stir the pot and cause problems.

patsdude114
12-19-2005, 07:29 AM
you dont have to be playing that good to be tied with PA....PA isnt a very good team and will get worse once chipper gets back cuz PA will trade him at the trade deadline....... and as for that hit that mcGillvary laid i was in brandon for that game it wasnt a bad hit has seen alot worse and players get no suspension for it...... i seen a copy of the letter the league sent the pats and the reason they suspended jordon was cuz of the injury and to keep brandon quiet showing u guys that the league dealt with it........ lol he only got 2 games u think if the league was really serious about that hit that he would of gotten alot more then 2 games

Triton
12-19-2005, 10:27 AM
you dont have to be playing that good to be tied with PA....PA isnt a very good team and will get worse once chipper gets back cuz PA will trade him at the trade deadline....... and as for that hit that mcGillvary laid i was in brandon for that game it wasnt a bad hit has seen alot worse and players get no suspension for it...... i seen a copy of the letter the league sent the pats and the reason they suspended jordon was cuz of the injury and to keep brandon quiet showing u guys that the league dealt with it........ lol he only got 2 games u think if the league was really serious about that hit that he would of gotten alot more then 2 games

I think your pretty ignorant to say something like that...but I'll let it go seeing as your a pats fan I doubt you know what your talking about.I also doubt you were there because you say It was clean,but the press release of the Brandon Sun says this:

"A vicious second period charge by Regina's Jordan McGillivray fractured the second vertabrae of Derlago's neck".

I also doubt you seen a copy of the letter because you say he got 2 games where he actually got 3.The league also takes hits like that serious and for you to say they just suspended him to shut Brandon up is just ignorant.Another note Derlago is playing..where's Jordan?Oh yeah bagging my groceries.

WHEATMAN
12-19-2005, 01:21 PM

i can understand why you hate us, we have been beating you for years, and for the record tootoo gave orr a whoopin unlike how you described it, the way you talk makes me understand you are just jelous of the wheaties success while the pats havn't had a successfull team in the last 10 years

nivek_wahs
12-19-2005, 08:22 PM
This thread was supposed to be about a possible trade between the Pats/Raiders and now it has become a Pats/Wheat Kings bashing thread.

Come on people, enough is enough. Look at it this way: I am a die hard Pats fan, but when is the last time they have won the Memorial Cup? 1974, that's right 30+ years ago. The same goes for Brandon, no Memorial Cups. Both teams have had their ups and downs over the last 20-some years.

And to do with the player cut-downs: I could reel off a bunch of "goon-like" players that have played for both the Pats and Wheat Kings and make cases for the dirtiest, etc. What point does it prove? I say take it somewhere else.

>Back to the PA/Pats trade possibility... Either Schafer or Thelen would look goos in Pats' colours but I think it would be highly unlikely. Look for Parker to look elsewhere (BC or US for a veteran-type d-man).

I hope I made my point and not step on toes or anything, but thats my opinion.

Kevin

Tinner
12-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Ok boys, lets stick to the thread topic. If you have more to say, pm each other.

Dwight Schrute
12-19-2005, 11:24 PM
This thread was supposed to be about a possible trade between the Pats/Raiders and now it has become a Pats/Wheat Kings bashing thread.

Come on people, enough is enough. Look at it this way: I am a die hard Pats fan, but when is the last time they have won the Memorial Cup? 1974, that's right 30+ years ago. The same goes for Brandon, no Memorial Cups. Both teams have had their ups and downs over the last 20-some years.

And to do with the player cut-downs: I could reel off a bunch of "goon-like" players that have played for both the Pats and Wheat Kings and make cases for the dirtiest, etc. What point does it prove? I say take it somewhere else.

>Back to the PA/Pats trade possibility... Either Schafer or Thelen would look goos in Pats' colours but I think it would be highly unlikely. Look for Parker to look elsewhere (BC or US for a veteran-type d-man).

I hope I made my point and not step on toes or anything, but thats my opinion.

Kevin

Well put. it would probably have to be a pretty good deal to get thelen or shafer outta here, any ideas for guys coming from regina ?

Dwight Schrute
12-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Well put. it would probably have to be a pretty good deal to get thelen or shafer outta here, any ideas for guys coming from regina ?

oh and please dont say ryan mcdonald. i think id cancel my season ticket if i had to see that kid in a raider sweater

nivek_wahs
12-20-2005, 12:39 AM
oh and please dont say ryan mcdonald. i think id cancel my season ticket if i had to see that kid in a raider sweater

Ha, he might be included in a deal if the right deal was to come along. I think it would be an interesting trade which might involve draft picks or younger players. From what it sounds Parker doesn't want to mess around with the chemistry too much so like I said it might be for prospects or draft picks and or younger roster players (maybe even Derek Reinhart if he was healthy? The Pats picked up Josh Fauth which all but made Derek expendable IMO).

It might not take too much to get Schafer as he is 20 and some 20 year-olds are had for cheap as their current team just wants to give them chance in the play-offs.

Kevin

Dwight Schrute
12-20-2005, 02:33 PM
id rather have mcdonald then reinhardt
id rather have neither and keep shafer

Dwight Schrute
12-20-2005, 03:38 PM
you didnt like mcdonald when he was trying to fight the tigers in the playoff games in p.a? you were laughing at him.
i dont like the kid period i know him

Sabes
12-20-2005, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't refuse McDonald. The kid is talented. I don't care how he is but he could be a good player for us.

Dwight Schrute
12-20-2005, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't refuse McDonald. The kid is talented. I don't care how he is but he could be a good player for us.
he is undersized weak has a bad temper, hacks slashes hooks and holds,he is a mouthpiece who will lip off the refs and thinks he is a star and rules dont apply to him. i think landon jones had more talent than this kid,maybe i am wrong, but i aint the one who makes a decision. but id be pretty damn disapointed to see him in a raider jersey.

westbeach55
12-21-2005, 09:13 AM
he is undersized weak has a bad temper, hacks slashes hooks and holds,he is a mouthpiece who will lip off the refs and thinks he is a star and rules dont apply to him. i think landon jones had more talent than this kid,maybe i am wrong, but i aint the one who makes a decision. but id be pretty damn disapointed to see him in a raider jersey.

I think Dannoabram your basing your decision on a personal not liking mcdonald instead of a hockey one. i have to agree on sabes on this one

Wildeyes
12-21-2005, 06:20 PM
i have seen this kid play hockey OVERATED he was supposed to be a big scorer when he played AAA in pa but he turned out to be a 3rd line winger

Dwight Schrute
12-22-2005, 06:38 PM
I think Dannoabram your basing your decision on a personal not liking mcdonald instead of a hockey one. i have to agree on sabes on this one

maybe a personnal bias factors in on this one but he is over rated and i still stand by what i said. dont you think there was a good reason why regina cut him ? or why brandon dumped him in the harding trade ? probably knew he wouldnt pan out. anyhow nobody knows for sure. i guess we willjust have to wait it out till the deadline

FELIX17
12-23-2005, 08:33 AM
I agree Ryan McDonald is very chippy and can't keep his mouth shut. Maybe he has talent but I hope Clark would have enough sense to acquire a player that will actual help the team and not hinder it. Also, I know Doucet has or had issues with him. That's all they need is a guy to be disruptive to the team. Both Thelen and Schafer would be a good fit for the Pats if they're willing to actually give something up for them.

Dwight Schrute
12-23-2005, 12:00 PM
I agree Ryan McDonald is very chippy and can't keep his mouth shut. Maybe he has talent but I hope Clark would have enough sense to acquire a player that will actual help the team and not hinder it. Also, I know Doucet has or had issues with him. That's all they need is a guy to be disruptive to the team. Both Thelen and Schafer would be a good fit for the Pats if they're willing to actually give something up for them.

very well put my man very well put