PDA

View Full Version : East Road Trip

tiny
12-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Saskatoon.

I thought the boys played quite well in Saskatoon. WOW only two penalties in the whole game. First period played in about 27 minutes. I thought Cline, Knacksted and Versteeg were the most dangerous line all night. The Rebels outplayed the Blades in the first period. As the game went on, I thought Armstrong, Blades tender, became better and better, Barnes was the force for the Blades in the second and third periods.

I believe this was the thirteenth one-goal game of the year and we have only won three of them. :mad: Frustrated with the outcome but pleased with the effort. We deserved better than one point. Fans treated us very well but I was a little surprised to hear the playing of "na na na na" after the shoot out.

Although I am frequently impressed with Versteeg, if choosing Rebel stars
in this one I would have given them to Knackstedt ( the local paper saw it the same way "most dangerous dangler all night") and Reimer. Several others, including Versteeg, played very well and with a lot of heart.

It was great to see the friends and family members (LeBlanc's, Lamoureux's, Versteeg's, Reimer's, Knackstedt's, Gillies', Scott's, Cline's, Hansen's, and Leslie's etc. see "their boys".

Brandon...long icy drive to the Canad Inn (attached to the Keystone). Beautiful complex and nice to walk inside to the Keystone arena. small crowd and one disappointing game. It just seemed everyone was out of sync. and spinning wheels. Bright spot, without a question...Reimer (with his own 50 person cheering squad). Two excellent outings. Mihalik gone to WJ and Hansen unavailable for next game in MJ. Meeting more and more Rebel families. Again, fans were very nice.

Moose Jaw...much better roads but COLD COLD COLD down to -28 with strong winds. Lots of shots, penalties, and some chippy play. Just killed off a two man disadvantage and then game up a goal on a rebound. disheartening. Lamoureux back on D again and then gets hurt (on what I thought was a charge because the Warrior jumped into the check but what do I know). Now down to four D so Versteeg has to go back on D. Just couldn't get to the rebounds and get the puck past their tender. But better than the night before. Leslie played VERY well. Great to see Jones playing so well, just not against us. Zetaruk played a ton and Herman has started to play more physically. Great to see their families again.

Now I can say I saw the Crushed Can before it was replaced. Is there a penalty for roofing the puck when hemmed in your own end? ;)

AND Rebrevs, I am a seasoned traveller now...I even know where Balgonie is. :)

Post game...Great to see the way the Rebels respect the little one's requests for autographs and how much they truly care for each other. AND the families are great. Hope to see more of them in RD.

Disappointing not to meet any of the "posters" in any of those places.

Vetters and Herman are no better in the east than in AB.

I am afraid we all may have to buy programs after Christmas. Although I hate to think of all the injuries and those away (Egener, Hansen?, Mihalik, Lamoureux, Vandermeer, Peiper, and Brandon Sutter), It is fun to speculate on who will be brought up to fill the roster.

Special thanks to our hosts in Saskatoon, (Wonderful people, beautiful home,
terrific friends), to Keith for the info on routes and radar,(Ask him about the ramp in Saskatoon.), and Sis and Cass for including us, We loved it.

Hopefully BC next.

Tinner
12-18-2005, 08:33 PM
too bad we couldn't pick up a win or 2, but not scoring goals might be one of the reasons.

I hope this trip was just a visit with family with a little Rebel hockey as a bonus. There is a better direction to head in the winter than east......lol

tiny
12-18-2005, 09:00 PM
"I hope this trip was just a visit with family with a little Rebel hockey as a bonus. There is a better direction to head in the winter than east......lol[/QUOTE]

It was more of a trip with family to join Rebel families watching Rebels and former Rebels .

frontrow fan
12-19-2005, 02:57 PM
I heard Hansen was out, and Lamoureaux went down with a possible broken hand....but what happened to Brandon???????? nothing in the paper about that was there???

tiny
12-19-2005, 04:53 PM
I heard Hansen was out, and Lamoureaux went down with a possible broken hand....but what happened to Brandon???????? nothing in the paper about that was there???
I understood Brandon would be going to the W under 17/