PDA

View Full Version : Kyle St.Denis

Warrior Fan
12-18-2005, 07:36 PM
He lives in BC and is playing in the KIJHL. Which Whl team has him listed on their roster? Was he drafted?

Warrior Fan
12-18-2005, 07:41 PM
He is the 5th round selection of the Regina Pats drafted with the Vancouver Giants slot in that round.

Now can someone explain to me how he went in the 5th round. He has unreal stats. I was impressed with the listing of Warrior forward Karl Haag but this kid drafted in the 5th round leading his team in scoring as a 15 year old impresses me a ton.

Is he planning on going to college or something?

SectionNDeserter
12-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Now can someone explain to me how he went in the 5th round. He has unreal stats. I was impressed with the listing of Warrior forward Karl Haag but this kid drafted in the 5th round leading his team in scoring as a 15 year old impresses me a ton.

Is he planning on going to college or something?

Possibly, though he is also tearing up the league in... Jr B hockey. I never really read too much into how well a player performs at this level, because for the most part the players he is playing against are not representative of what he will face in Major Jr. Same with the WHL/NHL. Good example of this is fellow by the name of Frank Banham from the Blades a few years back. He had 83 goals and 152 points in his final season in the WHL, but he mostly struggled at the NHL level, playing 30 games or so over 3 or 4 seasons.

Warrior Fan
12-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Simply just a tiny kid. He is like 5 5 and is 170 pounds. Yikes tiny. Could still be a good one though. Who knows.

nivek_wahs
12-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Kyle looked amazing at Pats' rookie camp in early Sept. He is incredibly fast and even though he is tiny he ain't afraid to get involved in the action. I really hope he decides to at least try the WHL route (especially with the Pats). He will be a good one. Kinda reminds me of a Marty Standish-type player.

Kevin

SectionNDeserter
12-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Kyle looked amazing at Pats' rookie camp in early Sept. He is incredibly fast and even though he is tiny he ain't afraid to get involved in the action. I really hope he decides to at least try the WHL route (especially with the Pats). He will be a good one. Kinda reminds me of a Marty Standish-type player.
I think that to some extent, teams like to snag 1 or 2 of these really tiny guys, because there is always a chance like you say that they will get a Marty Standish-type player, where they not only put up huge numbers in the WHL, but they are not usually drafted, and are generally with the team right to the end of their Junior availability.

Warrior Fan
12-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Moose Jaw will have 2 of those in the lineup next season.

I think that Bast qualifies although he isn't that small and Labreche as well. He is still bigger than St.Denis but still a little small by Whl standards..
They just have great skill levels though

Chipper
12-20-2005, 09:47 AM
What team in the KIJHL does he play for?

Warrior Fan
12-20-2005, 01:58 PM
http://www.kijhl.ca/leagues/stats_1team.cfm?leagueID=5221&clientID=2223&teamID=69004