PDA

View Full Version : Cats sweep the Blazers!

Sput
12-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Finally, the Cougars win a doule header at home! Friday night's game was a fairly dominate performance, with Cyr getting the shutout. From my vantage point it didn't look like Kamloops was really mentally into the game at all, making lots of little mistakes and not moving their feet at all. Saturday, teddy bear toss night, had a better performance by the Blazers, but it isn't usually a possiblility to win sitting on a 1-0 lead early in the first. To the Blazers credit, they did seem to clog up the neutral zone well enough, and Maniago stood on his head for much of the night. Leading up to the teddy bear goal, you could feel the buildup in the crowd, and the team fed off of that, taking momentum and finally the goal. With the OT proving nothing it was off to a shoot out with the Cougs getting goals on the first two shooters (Patterson and Hunter) and Kamloops getting just one from Stretch (so are all his passes "Stretch passes?? :D ).

For the most part I think Maniago is the better of the two goalies that Kamloops has. Dubnik is big and covers lots of the net, but Maniago looked better this weekend. Given more ice time, and if he can keep control of his temper, I think Mike would be the better of the two.