PDA

View Full Version : Rypien called up to the Canucks

Pats11
12-19-2005, 06:15 PM
The Vancouver Canucks, the NHL affiliate of the Manitoba Moose, announced they have recalled defenceman Kevin Bieksa and forward Rick Rypien.

Bieksa, 24, has played in 20 games so far this season with the Moose after returning from a high ankle sprain suffered in Canucks’ training camp. He has scored two goals and 14 assists for 16 points and 56 penalty minutes. The Grimsby, ON native played in all 80 games with Manitoba last season, scoring 12 goals and 27 assists for 39 points. He was named to the AHL All-Rookie team in 2004-05. He was originally drafted by Vancouver, 151st overall in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.
>> Click to view Kevin Bieksa's biography and career statistics

Rypien, 21, has appeared in all 34 games for the Moose this season, scoring six goals and four assists for 10 points and a team-leading 92 penalty minutes. The Coleman, AB native spent the 2004-05 season as captain of the Regina Pats of the WHL where he recorded highs in goals (22), assists (29), and points (51).
>> Click to view Rick Rypien's biography and career statistics

Great news for Rick and hopefully the Centre Ice package finally starts providing some entertainment for me this year.

caps05
12-19-2005, 06:21 PM
I understand he may have been called up due to the Canucks' resident enforcer Wade Brookbank having a concussion.

I'll post on here if Rypien gets in a fight, as I'll be watching it on the Kings network, not Center Ice.

Pats11
12-19-2005, 06:29 PM
If Rypien gets in the lineup I think it'll be more because of the poor play of Lee Goren lately, he started the year playing well but dropped off quite a bit so I think he may get a wakeup call tonight with Rypien coming in.

rinkrat
12-19-2005, 06:43 PM
The two Moose players were brought up as insurance,as there is a roster freeze over Christmas.

nivek_wahs
12-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Insurance player... 4th liner... bench warmer... no matter how it is said Ripper is in "THE SHOW"

Congrats to Rick Rypien in making the Canucks no matter his role. Good luck to him and make the Canucks brass have a hard decision to send you back. Here's to Rick as a Canuck!!!

Kevin

Tinner
12-19-2005, 09:15 PM
"In the Show" means, at the very least, you get to dress/warmup/play in a game. Until that happens your not in the show.

Pats11
12-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Ok, we're just happy that a guy we were just watching last year in a Pats uniform has made it as far as he has this fast, the guy wasn't even drafted but worked his butt off at every level he's ever played and it's great to see. So give us a break if we happen to be happy to see it since he definately deserves it.

Dwight Schrute
12-19-2005, 11:28 PM
congrats to ripper hmmm how about rypien vs sean avery ???? would you folks like to see that ?? i would

nivek_wahs
12-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Ok, we're just happy that a guy we were just watching last year in a Pats uniform has made it as far as he has this fast, the guy wasn't even drafted but worked his butt off at every level he's ever played and it's great to see. So give us a break if we happen to be happy to see it since he definately deserves it.

Perfectly said.

Kevin

Dwight Schrute
12-20-2005, 02:54 PM
here is the link http://www.canucks.com/news/pressreleases.asp?sectionID=31&id=547