PDA

View Full Version : What should happen with archie ????

Dwight Schrute
12-20-2005, 02:39 PM
everybody is so down on archie it doesnt even seem fair anymore. in the game against calgary he was booed when his name was anounced as the starting goalie. is it really his fault that his team breaks down on him. he catches a lot of the blame when they lose, some of it is him he has let in some softies but so did reggie beauchemin. i think a lot of fans have given up on him (not me though) and now with deckert playing pretty good, the fairest thing might be to trade away archie and give him a fresh start. to where ??? i dont know to whom???? i dont know. any ideas. as i think a fresh start is all the kid needs. i know the raiders dont have a lot of goalies in their system, although that aime kid and weins are suposed to be ok. who could the get and should they trade him ???

FELIX17
12-20-2005, 03:21 PM
The fact is Archibald continues to let in soft goals every game. He's been average at best in the games I've seen him play and horrible in others. He doesn't seem to be able to stop the puck at crucial times of the game. Where as Beauchemin, seemed to make the big save to keep them in it. The game against Calgary was extremely disheartening. With PA being down 2-1 he let in a very soft goal that really hurt. He seems to be prone to weak goals and with his team only scoring at best, 3 goals per game, it is magnified all that more. Yeah, he hasn't had a lot of help. But it is his job to stop the puck and IMO he hasn't been very good. It's very deflating for a team if you aren't sure if your goaltender can make the save at the other end. When the Raider's seem to have the momentum in a game, their goaltending (including Hilton) finds a way to let in a weak goal and nullifying any momentum they've gained. His weaknesses seem to be breakaways and the high shots. Is all the blame just? No. If they can trade him they should give him the opportunity for a fresh start. With Deckert being 20 next year and Archibald being 19, I really don't think they will go the route with two older goaltenders. Daive Aime, a goaltender playing in Winnipeg, has impressive numbers, 26 GP with a record of 11-0-3 with 1 shutout and a 1.75 GAA. He'll be 17 next year and has a an excellent chance of making the team. In fact, I will say he's their goaltender of the future.

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2006, 05:13 PM
does anybody else think the best thing for archie would be to be the starting goaltender for the chilliwack team next year ? he needs a change of scenery and does have the talent just has totally lost his confidence.

FELIX17
02-09-2006, 06:58 AM
does anybody else think the best thing for archie would be to be the starting goaltender for the chilliwack team next year ? he needs a change of scenery and does have the talent just has totally lost his confidence.
If Clark can trade Archie to Chilliwack, he should. By trading him to Chilliwack, it would kill two birds with one stone in a sense. PA would maybe could be exempt from the dreaded expansion draft and Archibald would have an opportunity to be a starter. Also, David Aime has a good chance of making the team next year. He'll be 17 and Archibald will be 19. I don't think the team will go with a 20 year old and 19 year old goaltender next year. Archibald does deserve another chance and maybe a change of scenery would be beneficial for him.

Triton
02-09-2006, 10:23 AM
I think Archie may get the nod against Prince George.Archie does deserve a chance somewhere else.Chilliwack would be perfect.

Zookeeper
02-09-2006, 02:05 PM
I think Archie may get the nod against Prince George.Archie does deserve a chance somewhere else.Chilliwack would be perfect.
I agree, Archie should Start against PG. Deckert looks tired. What is it now 14 starts in a row for him? Deckert has not played very well in the last few games. We all know he can play alot better. Send Archie to Chilliwack would be my choice. Go Raiders

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2006, 05:28 PM
plus if they were gonna trade him out of division, it woudnt really bite them if he turned out great there.

Dwight Schrute
02-21-2006, 02:23 PM
im really glad to see he has done well in the limited time he has got over the last month or two. must help his confidence good for him.

Dwight Schrute
02-28-2006, 07:12 PM
i am disgusted in how anholt handles archibald. he has shattered the kids confidence. i dont think he will be back. i hope he get a change of scenery. the kid must be convinced that anholt hates him.