PDA

View Full Version : What direction are the Canes going to go ?

taylor0017
12-20-2005, 05:44 PM
I am intrested to see what everybody thinks the direction the Canes are going to take at the Trade Deadline. I personally think they are going to try and get younger , by trading either Olafson and Ashton or both , to a contender. I do not feel that the Canes will go very far in the playoffs unless we upset someone. Hearing rumours that Gulasi wants to come back. We of course already have 2 imports.Any truth to that rumour? Come on Cane fans lets hear what think and have to say.

loudi94
12-20-2005, 10:32 PM
I am intrested to see what everybody thinks the direction the Canes are going to take at the Trade Deadline. I personally think they are going to try and get younger , by trading either Olafson and Ashton or both , to a contender. I do not feel that the Canes will go very far in the playoffs unless we upset someone. Hearing rumours that Gulasi wants to come back. We of course already have 2 imports.Any truth to that rumour? Come on Cane fans lets hear what think and have to say.

Olafson could probably fetch quite a bit if they choose to deal him. I don't think that they'll be sellers at the deadline however. The team has a lot of damage control to do and to give up on the season would be tough on season tickets for next year. Fickle fans, you know.

Nielson11, I heard Henituik got the boot for off ice activities. Any truth? Between this stuff and Klinkhammer getting hurt "toboganning", you realize that these guys are really immature kids instead of young adults.

Nielson11
12-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Olafson could probably fetch quite a bit if they choose to deal him. I don't think that they'll be sellers at the deadline however. The team has a lot of damage control to do and to give up on the season would be tough on season tickets for next year. Fickle fans, you know.

Nielson11, I heard Henituik got the boot for off ice activities. Any truth? Between this stuff and Klinkhammer getting hurt "toboganning", you realize that these guys are really immature kids instead of young adults.

What I heard about Chase....is that he has asked to be traded and gone home....apparently he was a fan of Hofford and hasn't been happy since the changes.

taylor0017
12-29-2005, 10:31 AM
From what I have seen Henituik could go play with his brother. They both seem to be babies. He was getting alot of ice time for a player that did not really belong in this league. From what I seen the other night against Kelowna , some of the younger players did a pretty good job! You get rid of Klinkhammer and Kodman for a strong forward that will play! Klinkhammer is lazy and belongs on the bench ,Kodman is just too small and seems to be scared out there. Are we going to see Gulasi back???? Rumors aare after the WJC he will return to the WHL.........Are we gong to see any more trades ?

loudi94
01-02-2006, 09:10 PM
I say Olafson and Ashton are gone if they can get a 17-18 year old roster player in return, no draft picks. Opsahl is available, but no takers so far. I bet Gulasi will be back next season as an overage.