PDA

View Full Version : Team Canada Jerseys

Chipper
12-20-2005, 10:25 PM
I am watching the Jr game on tv tonight and I can't believe how boaring the new jersey's are. They look like the old Russian jersey. What happened to Canada setting the standard of good looking and trend setting apperal.

Tinner
12-20-2005, 10:50 PM
got to agree with you. They are terrible looking. They look like everyone is wearing a small when they should be wearing an extra large and the color scheme (striping). Whats with the small numbers.

Beaner
12-20-2005, 11:03 PM
They are terrible. Its that stupid new design made to decrease wind drag. Because we all know how Hockey players have complained for years how much their jersies slowed them down.

I am surprised they didnt redesign the helmets to look like the aerodynamic Bicycle helmets........ :spineyes:

langdak
12-21-2005, 12:22 AM
got to agree with you. They are terrible looking. They look like everyone is wearing a small when they should be wearing an extra large and the color scheme (striping). Whats with the small numbers.

From what i remember hearing, the sizing didnt change a whole lot at all, it is the cut of the jersey that is different now, notice how the arms were almost skin tight on a lot of the guys, as opposed to the overzied floppy baggy arms like normal jerseys have

I guess there is one good thing about the new uni's, at least they ditched the socks with the vertical stripes, those were ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!

I didnt think they looked half bad, except if makes every guy look like a scrawny 8yr old kid

westbeach55
12-21-2005, 09:16 AM
I hope people don't buy these jerseys these jerseys are the ugliest things i have ever seen. its hard watching a hockey game now.

langdak
12-21-2005, 10:39 AM
I hope people don't buy these jerseys these jerseys are the ugliest things i have ever seen. its hard watching a hockey game now.

They have been selling them at Giants games for about a month now and they have sold quite a few of them actually. I am seeing more and more of them all the time.

Have a look at the US ones too, they have adopted the same idea

Not quite sure what Nike's thoughts were, but i hope they correct things by the time the Olympics roll around and send these rags elsewhere

fightstrap50
12-21-2005, 12:04 PM
The new ones are the ugliest laughing stock of the tournament. I'm glad no ICE players are on the team this year as I wouldnt want to buy one of these.

These jerseys are the real deal and should never have changed:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a384/fightstrap50/gamewornjerseycollectionphotos027.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a384/fightstrap50/gamewornjerseycollectionphotos028.jpg

Chipper
12-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Yes I love those jerseys. The stripes running down is just wrong! ps fightstrap was that a game worn jersey from dawes?

Jimmypop316
12-21-2005, 01:22 PM
If its any consolation the US team has these ugly "new-style" jerseys too. They make me want to vomit.

WHEATMAN
12-21-2005, 01:41 PM
these are the worst i have ever seen, although they are close to those blue and white disasters canada had at the 78 tourney, terrible they are. bring back the old ones

Hockey101
12-21-2005, 05:17 PM
BOOOOOOOOOO earns on them ugly jerseys,terrible go back to the classic it's much better

Chipper
12-21-2005, 05:29 PM
I wonder if this is what we have to look forward to with the Olympic team Canada also? I hope they hear enough negitive feed back and scrap this jersey.

fightstrap50
12-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Yes I love those jerseys. The stripes running down is just wrong! ps fightstrap was that a game worn jersey from dawes?
I actually bought the jersey from Hockey Canada though the IIHF, So it is a pro Jersey with the fight strap and IIHF patch but just not game worn. Nigel Got to keep one and the other game worn was auctioned off before this one taht I have. Still a very nice collectable though from the gold medal team.

The_Vulk
12-25-2005, 06:37 PM
I too think they are horrible.

And what is worse, is there is a rumour that the NHL is going to adopt them for next year. The ENTIRE LEAGUE! Every team! Every jersey, home away and thirds. :dead:

As for what they will do for wind-drag... speedskaters have the idea, a FULL BODY SUIT! Can anyone see that happening in ten years?