PDA

View Full Version : Czech Team Hotel Robbed

Beaner
12-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Mojo Radio 730 is reporting that the Czech junior hockey teams hotel rooms in Chilliwack got robbed last night while the team was playing it's pre-tournament game against Canada.

Way to make Canada look bad you stupid ___________. :burningma :mad:

Chipper
12-21-2005, 11:24 AM
There hotel is in Chiliwack? Why stay in Chiliwack when the game was in Kelowna. I could see a hotel in Vancouver for the whole tourny and bus from there but Chiliwack seems a bit out of the way and inconvenient. Also I guess unsafe. Maybe they should get a hotel/motel in Surrey next.

Beaner
12-21-2005, 11:28 AM
There hotel is in Chiliwack? Why stay in Chiliwack when the game was in Kelowna. I could see a hotel in Vancouver for the whole tourny and bus from there but Chiliwack seems a bit out of the way and inconvenient. Also I guess unsafe. Maybe they should get a hotel/motel in Surrey next.

Their Training camp is being held in Chilliwack, they have been staying there since last week. They travelled to Kelowna for the pre-tourny game.

Chipper
12-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Their Training camp is being held in Chilliwack, they have been staying there since last week. They travelled to Kelowna for the pre-tourny game.
Yea I guess that with all the teams coming in the area they need to spread out across the lower mainland to find apropriate training facilities. To bad for the Czech team. I hope the RCMP live up to their international reputation of always getting their man.

Tinner
12-21-2005, 12:00 PM
maybe the RCMP should question the lack-of-security staff and see if they heard anything while they were sleeping!!

Beaner
12-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Error on my part the radio announced just now that the Czech teams rooms were robbed on Saturday night, not last night, as I originally thought I had heard.

SectionNDeserter
12-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Mojo Radio 730 is reporting that the Czech junior hockey teams hotel rooms in Chilliwack got robbed last night while the team was playing it's pre-tournament game against Canada.

Ever notice at nearly every world Jr. tournament, one or more of the teams have their rooms broken into?

rinkrat
12-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Its funny they say "the rooms got robbed"
Actually it was a "break and enter" and a "theft".Robbery insinuates there was a weapon used to coerce money(or valuables) from someone.
Regardless I hope they catch the "crooks" and I hope there is some kind of fund raising to get these kids some $$ back,at very least!

langdak
12-22-2005, 03:46 AM
Its funny they say "the rooms got robbed"
Actually it was a "break and enter" and a "theft".Robbery insinuates there was a weapon used to coerce money(or valuables) from someone.
Regardless I hope they catch the "crooks" and I hope there is some kind of fund raising to get these kids some $$ back,at very least!

I heard something to the tune of (keep in mind i dont know how much truth there is to this), that hockey canada replaced the money that was stolen from the kids (upwards of 15 grand), and hockey canada also hired the team some sort of security for the tournament.

If that is the case, :thumb: to hockey canada

IR GARD
12-24-2005, 01:18 AM
That is great that Hockey Canada stepped up so quickly. I was at the Czech/Switzerland game last night. I spoke with a lot of people there and the unanimous decision was that they were all disgusted as to what happened at the Hotel. It would be nice to see the City of Chilliwack (Mayor) maybe "donate" some money to Hockey Canada to assist in covering the replacement of what was stolen. It would not be a bad idea that the hotel (save some face) maybe "donate" something as well. The Chilliwack Bantam AAA team here stopped by the team prior to the game and handed out some sort of presents for the players and team officals. Nice touch.

For people who do not know too much about "The 'Wack" try not to judge this incident to the rest of the city and the people here. This is definately a black eye for the city.

Tiger Trauma
12-24-2005, 02:52 AM
Thats nIce of the bantam team to do that. I'm glad hockey canada did that. I wish they would catch the *********s who broke into their rooms.