PDA

View Full Version : Worst ref in League?

ihlemic10
12-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Who do you think is the worst one to wear a uniform? Personally I think Zalaski takes the cake, all of his games have no calls and then get out of hand.

rinkrat
12-21-2005, 06:37 PM
I voted for Savage,but where is McLean? He would definately make the short list!

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Smith is the worst ref,but there are other refs that are the runners up for worst ref in the league (Savage and Zalaski) just to name a few from the list.

SectionNDeserter
12-21-2005, 08:00 PM
I voted for Savage,but where is McLean? He would definately make the short list!

I agree. Some officials are bad because they don't call any penalties, some are bad because they call EVERYTHING, and some, like McLean, are the worst of the worst, because they target one team, and call 3-4x as many penalties against them, and don't call penalties against the other team for commiting the same infractions. Mike Hasenfratz was the same way, but he was SO GOOD that he made the big show.

SectionNDeserter
12-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Who do you think is the worst one to wear a uniform? Personally I think Zalaski takes the cake, all of his games have no calls and then get out of hand.

Oh! And is Alain Frenette still in this league, or did he finally land in some Ringette league where he belongs? He never really cared much for all the physical contact that the players made with each other...

WHEATMAN
12-21-2005, 10:26 PM
savage hands down

Chipper
12-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Oh! And is Alain Frenette still in this league, or did he finally land in some Ringette league where he belongs? He never really cared much for all the physical contact that the players made with each other...
I still have nightmares with Frenette reffing. Thanks for bringing it all back!

SectionNDeserter
12-21-2005, 10:46 PM
I still have nightmares with Frenette reffing. Thanks for bringing it all back!
I aims to please :thumb:

ihlemic10
12-21-2005, 11:45 PM

Well he didn't stick out in my mind..sorry about that. Also I can only have so many options for the poll. So hows the Tips puck doing? My Giants puck is next to the MC puck from last year.

Sabes
12-22-2005, 01:36 AM
Voted Zalaski but would have voted Agar if he was an option.

LifelongChiefsFan
12-23-2005, 05:10 AM
I HAD to vote for Smith...he hasn't reffed many Chiefs' games this year, but when a ref does such a bad job that I wish Hazenfratz was back in the league, well...I'll just leave it at that.

FELIX17
12-23-2005, 08:27 AM
No contest, Zalaski is by far the worst. He kind of reminds of a ref a few years ago by the name of Brent Reiber. Both very brutal. Prior to a game, when I hear Zalaski announced as a ref, the first thing that comes to mind is, "How bad is he going to blow the game tonight?"

Tinner
12-23-2005, 12:49 PM
I would have thought Matsuoka would have been in the pole. That said, you could have put them all in the pole and we'd see who the majority think is the worst.

WHEATMAN
12-23-2005, 01:59 PM
i never really minded matsuoka he has called some good games in brandon over the years

nivek_wahs
12-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Two of the worst referees I remember seeing in years past are part of the WHL Supervisors... Darren Loraas and Kevin Muench (Director of Officials). In all seriousness they had a lot of really brutal games from what I remember.
But in my opinion the worst referee in recent memory was Glenn AGNEW (shudder... :burningma ), none of these new referees even compare to Mr. Agnew.

Kevin

Wildeyes
12-24-2005, 12:48 AM
well savage must be doing something right to have reffed International hockey not to mencion a level 6 reffing degree highest in canada and the world

Tiger Trauma
12-24-2005, 02:49 AM
Dont like savage either...

Rammer
01-05-2006, 11:45 AM
After watching Savage recently, he should be at the top of the list as his games do not allow any flow to develope. When you want to be the centre of attention, reffing should not be your dream job.

Dwight Schrute
01-05-2006, 01:57 PM
take the list of all the dub refferees and there you go, we have the worst officiating in the chl if not all junior hockey leagues in canada

3rebels
01-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Seems to me that it is any ref doing the Rebels games. What did we ever do to deserve the lousy, inconsistent, one-sided, botch half-the-calls, miss-the-obvious and call the non-contact roughing calls that we get saddled with game in and game out. :confused: :burningma

Sput
01-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Its just to bad that you can't vote for more than one ref. :spineyes: Most of them are bad, or at best inconsistant game to game. Herman has always had a woody for PG, and calls anything and everything he can on the Cougs. Smith has been inconsistant, Agar....well what do you expect from a guy named after the stuff they grow bacteria and viruses on in labs?? :confused:

SectionNDeserter
01-06-2006, 11:02 AM
Seems to me that it is any ref doing the Rebels games. What did we ever do to deserve the lousy, inconsistent, one-sided, botch half-the-calls, miss-the-obvious and call the non-contact roughing calls that we get saddled with game in and game out. :confused: :burningmaYeah, the Rebels had a longer period adjusting to the 'new rules' than other teams, and now that the officials are no longer enforcing those new rules, they are having a tough time adjusting back. If there was some consistancy to the officiating in this league, so many games wouldn't be decided by the officials.

Flathead
01-06-2006, 12:50 PM
This is the easiest poll I've ever voted for, and looks like I'm not the only one that thinks Savage is brutal. He's running away with this one.

HAF
01-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Pat Smith is sure blowing one in Everett tonight!!! Absolutely brutal!

Dwight Schrute
01-12-2006, 06:50 PM
did the league lose a lot of its officials in the recent years ? it cant be this bad ? they really need to improve it

wardenofthepen
01-13-2006, 09:34 PM
is the fans thay don't know all the rules or how to keep the pace of a game going

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
01-14-2006, 08:47 AM
A lot of fans in Swift Current may want to move the title to McLean from Savage, who blew an entire game for the Broncos thanks to his love of raising his arm in the air.

Game was delayed for a bit with staff cleaning pop bottles and popcorn boxes off the ice.

Hatguy
01-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Vetter or Rehman or Savage!

skinnyhead
01-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Vetter he doesn't believe in 5 on 5 fast-pace hockey