PDA

View Full Version : Best of 2005

Willis on the Welfare
12-22-2005, 07:49 PM
Another calendar year comes to a close. 2005 was a different year than 2004. Biggest Bronco stories of 2005:

The end of speed of skill and the beginning of hard work

January of 2005 saw the Broncos trade the last bit of skill they had at the time when Tyler Redenbach was sent to the Hurricanes. A trade that would be a sign of things to come as the Broncos dealt skill for grit getting journeyman Justin Cruse, grinder David Murray and hard nosed d-man RJ Larochelle.

Captain Luke

Hard work and determination pay off as long time fan favorite Luke Hunter gets the C on his jersey. Hunter would receive a standing ovation at the Bronco awards banquet after his now famous and motivating "candy dish" captain's speech.

A New low

The Bronco franchise has had a history of explosive offence but in 2005 the team set a new record for fewest goals and for the first time ever, the Swift Current Broncos missed the playoffs in a very strong central division. Any great writer will tell you, a rise to the top is so much sweeter after hitting rock bottom.

A New High

We can now buy beer at a Bronco game and drink it in our seats. :groovy:

David Schulz traded

One of the most talked about players to ever wear a Bronco jersey is dealt to Spokane for Ned Lukacevic. No one lit up a forum or inspired a rant from angry fans quite like Schulz. After three years in a Bronco jersey, the former rookie of the year and 1st round bantam pick was dealt in the pre-season.

Ned gives us 5

In his first home game as a Bronco, Ned Lukacevic dazzles the home crowd scoring 5 goals in a Broncos win vs. PA. "I can't believe we got that guy for Schulz" is heard everywhere in Swift Currentfor the next few days.

Leovold leaves

Considered by many to be a WHL star of the future, the skilled Brady Leovold put the "quit" in Coquitlam early in the season.

Chynoweth trades hard work for skill

After acquiring many solid character players, Dean Chynoweth trades penalty killer and checker extraordinaire Jerrid Sauer to Medicine Hat for a skilled Spencer McAvoy and power forward in the making Dale Weise.

Anything I missed?

Willi$

Scout
12-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Someday i will figure out who you are. That was a great look into 2005. You should really get a job with the media. Have a great Christmas Bro.

Scout

Willis on the Welfare
12-23-2005, 06:04 AM
I forgot one big story of 2005:

Scout leaves Willis in the cold, redeems self with burger

See you at the rink.

Merry Christmas Scout!

Tupac to the Top
12-28-2005, 09:51 PM
I forgot one big story of 2005:

Scout leaves Willis in the cold, redeems self with burger

See you at the rink.

Merry Christmas Scout!

How could he buy you a burger if he doesn't know who you are?

Scout
12-29-2005, 06:31 AM
It was an inside joke. Yes i know who Willis is and he is a very strong supporter of the Bronco's.

Scout

Willis on the Welfare
12-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the kind words Scout. I predict in 2006 our secret identities will all be known to each other. Swift Current is too small a place for secrets. Just in the last few months I know I've figured out:

Scout
the legendary Smackitsakic
Oh-Vee
Bronco Rep
Loyalty

2,5,andagame, I'll have you figured out by the new year, and ointhecreek I'm sure I know you. I'll buy you a beer if I'm right ;)

Willi$

ointhecreek
12-29-2005, 07:24 PM
and ointhecreek I'm sure I know you. I'll buy you a beer if I'm right ;)

Willi$
I think you did last night. Pretty damn sneaky if I'm right! I'd like to know who gave me up! There is only two people that knows where I sit and they better not have or there will be payback! :skeptical

Willis on the Welfare
12-29-2005, 07:59 PM
No one gave really gave you up. I've been reading this forum and the blue board for years and just put a few clues together and took a gamble that you were "O". Glad to see I was right and some stranger didn't get a note that made no sense to them and a beer ticket.

CHtoo
12-29-2005, 09:24 PM
2,5,andagame, I'll have you figured out by the new year, and ointhecreek I'm sure I know you. I'll buy you a beer if I'm right ;)

Willi$

I heard he/she doesn't drink. :D
Well not much anyways.

ointhecreek
12-29-2005, 10:29 PM
No one gave really gave you up. I've been reading this forum and the blue board for years and just put a few clues together and took a gamble that you were "O". Glad to see I was right and some stranger didn't get a note that made no sense to them and a beer ticket.
By the way, if you want to make it easier you will have to buy a LOT more! :laugh: I pretty much had you figured.

2,5,andagame
12-30-2005, 10:46 AM

Willi$

I'll give you a bit of a hint, I'll be at tonight's game and I will be wearing white :spineyes:

Willis on the Welfare
12-30-2005, 12:36 PM
I'll give you a bit of a hint, I'll be at tonight's game and I will be wearing white :spineyes:

And you'll be eating egg salad sandwiches and drinking Tim Horton's coffee before the game won't you...You, me and Swift Current's greatest hockey fan with his new cowboy boots.