PDA

View Full Version : All the Rebels need for Xmas

Tinner
12-23-2005, 05:28 PM
1. A highly skilled, smooth skating D-man. (maybe all teams need one)
2. A power forward capable of playing 1st or 2nd line.
3. A consistant line-up for the entire team. (less injuries)
4. A good start to the second half of the season.

SectionNDeserter
12-23-2005, 07:03 PM
1. A highly skilled, smooth skating D-man. (maybe all teams need one)
2. A power forward capable of playing 1st or 2nd line.
3. A consistant line-up for the entire team. (less injuries)
4. A good start to the second half of the season.

I'd take a goalie over the power forward ;)

Dwight Schrute
12-23-2005, 08:16 PM
I'd take a goalie over the power forward ;)
isnt reimer supposed to be pretty good ?

Tinner
12-23-2005, 09:01 PM
i think we're ok in goal, with Reimer as the #1 , Leslie as the mentor.

SectionNDeserter
12-24-2005, 07:46 AM
i think we're ok in goal, with Reimer as the #1 , Leslie as the mentor.

Reimer can't play every game. Assuming at best, Reimer wins 60-70% of his games in the second half, and Leslie wins... 0% of his games and the two of them get equal opportunities, we would be well below .500 for the remainder of the season. I really hope that Sutter isn't keeping Leslie around to 'Mentor' Reimer, as he can't even deal with the basic fundamentals of the position, like hugging the goal posts when the other team has the puck behind the net, or keeping his stick down on the ice when he is facing a shooter. With all due respect to Mike Whitney, this guy is the WORST goalie in Rebel history.

Tinner
12-24-2005, 12:04 PM
I can think of 3 that may have been better goalies but didn't play as well here as Leslie, so I wouldn't say he was the worst. Leslie is far better than any of those 3.

SectionNDeserter
12-25-2005, 04:37 PM
I can think of 3 that may have been better goalies but didn't play as well here as Leslie, so I wouldn't say he was the worst. Leslie is far better than any of those 3.

I don't remember exactly who was between the pipes for our 13 win season back in the 90's, but I don't remember them making as many basic technical errors every game as Leslie, I think they lost that many games because they were seeing 50 shots per game. Leslie played ok last season, but this season, he lets in 1-2 soft 50-60ft wristshots EVERY game, because he doesn't have his stick down on the ice for some reason. Watching him play this season, it is obvious that he phoned it in a LONG time ago. He really doesn't want to be here, I think he is hoping he gets traded, but with 3 wins or whatever in 25 games, I don't think he is going anywhere. He is really just here right now, because Sutter doesn't have a plan B.

RDRebelsfan
12-25-2005, 10:00 PM
I don't remember exactly who was between the pipes for our 13 win season back in the 90's, but I don't remember them making as many basic technical errors every game as Leslie, I think they lost that many games because they were seeing 50 shots per game. Leslie played ok last season, but this season, he lets in 1-2 soft 50-60ft wristshots EVERY game, because he doesn't have his stick down on the ice for some reason. Watching him play this season, it is obvious that he phoned it in a LONG time ago. He really doesn't want to be here, I think he is hoping he gets traded, but with 3 wins or whatever in 25 games, I don't think he is going anywhere. He is really just here right now, because Sutter doesn't have a plan B.

the goalies for the Rebels in the what was actually a 17 win season not 13: 17-51-4 btw.....

were:
Garnet Stevenson
Jason Clague
Craig Hann
Mike Whitney
Chris Wickenheiser

imo the worst 3 goalies we've had would be Peeters, Jennings and Sproule

SectionNDeserter
12-25-2005, 11:17 PM
the goalies for the Rebels in the what was actually a 17 win season not 13: 17-51-4 btw.....
imo the worst 3 goalies we've had would be Peeters, Jennings and Sproule

Oh crap, you mean we still have a ways to go to better our worst season? :( I don't count Peeters or Jennings, because they only played like 5 games each for us. ;) In the few games Jennings played for us it looked like he had never played the position before so I would have to agree with you there, though I don't consider him to be a starting goaltender for us. Sproule may have played more than 5, but then he was arrested for murdering someone earlier this year, so I suppose he is our worst goalie of all time. :confused: