PDA

View Full Version : Will every WHL team

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Wear their home jerseys at home in the New year or even before then? Does anyone know anything about this? the reason why I ask is because I was wactching an NHL hockey game on tv and I noticed that the home team was wearing their home jersey,I know this was in the NHL but will the WHL follow thier lead? If nobody knows anything about this then that is ok because the Blades play P.A at home on the 28th and I will find out then. This was just a question that I thought about when I noticed the difference.

rinkrat
12-25-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't think the NHL switches jerseys like the dub does.The Canucks were wearing their whites vs Calgary,as Calgary wore their thirds.
I believe all WHL clubs wear whites at home after Christmas.
I think the NHL should follow suit.Every team that visits any NHL team wears the same colour jerseys,white.I think the fans would rather see the visiting teams dark jerseys!

PS did you get your game for christmas? :thumb:

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-25-2005, 06:06 PM
I don't think the NHL switches jerseys like the dub does.The Canucks were wearing their whites vs Calgary,as Calgary wore their thirds.
I believe all WHL clubs wear whites at home after Christmas.
I think the NHL should follow suit.Every team that visits any NHL team wears the same colour jerseys,white.I think the fans would rather see the visiting teams dark jerseys!

PS did you get your game for christmas? :thumb:
Ok thanks Rinkrat, I did not know that the NHL teams did not switch jerseys( it has been to long I guess)and yes I myself prefer to see the away teams road jerseys for the WHL and NHL too I guess (Go Leafs Go :thumb: )
I did not get the game yet because NHL Eastiside Hockey Manager was sold out in the only 2 EB Games locations in Saskatoon. I hope to go and pick up the game on Boxing Day with the $40 gift certificate that I recieved,and if the game is even in stock at the store :(

The_Vulk
12-25-2005, 06:31 PM
I enjoy it when we get to see the 'dark' jerseys of the opposition (We don't get to see them often enough). It just adds to the atmosphere, rather than seeing the whites over and over again.

Wildeyes
12-25-2005, 11:11 PM
i like seeing the aways at home It also make the players look bigger