PDA

View Full Version : Free Webcasts

Beaner
12-27-2005, 06:01 PM
The webcasting service is running for free from the 26th to the 29th in case anyone is interested in checking it out.

http://livestream.whl.ca/

Hopefully they have the games working. :spineyes:

Jimmypop316
12-27-2005, 07:21 PM
Wheres the promo code at?

rinkrat
12-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Access code = whllivestream

Jimmypop316
12-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Thank you very much!

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-27-2005, 10:13 PM
I watched the Blades Vs Raiders game and for the most part the broadcast was slow (as molasis)and blurry,and at other times it was actually ok.( it might be my computer,but I know that some teams webcasts have better overall quiality then other teams webcasts. I am going to watch the Tri City Americans Vs Everett Silvertips game on the Webcast on the 29th.(since I have not seen any of the U.S teams this season.

Hitmen1
12-28-2005, 08:17 PM
Well tonight was my first attempt at the live broadcast and to say the least its not impressive. I get the radio audio feed fine but the video is terrible. It plays for about 5 seconds and then just freezes. Not sure if this is a problem with my comp. or what.

Scout
12-28-2005, 08:45 PM
I watch for a bit and it freezes. I think it is at their end. Not a very good promotion if they are trying to get people to sign up.

Scout

The_Vulk
12-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Well tonight was my first attempt at the live broadcast and to say the least its not impressive. I get the radio audio feed fine but the video is terrible. It plays for about 5 seconds and then just freezes. Not sure if this is a problem with my comp. or what.
I tried to watch the Ice/Hitmen game as well.

First attempt, it completely FROZE my computer.

Second attempt, it completely FROZE my computer.

Never did try a third time.

Needly to say, I was not impressed.

Lucklily, it was just the free-promo. If I had to pay for it... :burningma

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-29-2005, 08:23 PM
I went into the WHL webcast and I entered my username and password and it said"Incorrect username or passward" so I tried again and the samw thing happened,so I cllicked "I forgot my password" and then entered my e-mail address,then it said this e-mail address is can not be found" or something like that. I am thinking that the promo has ended,yesterday I clicked on the free game/Christmas game pass,and tonight when i was at the same screen the option was not there :confused: I am thinking that your username and pass word that was enetered for the promotion time was only for that time. I am sure that I would be able to watch another game tonight as it is suposedly the last day of the promotion,or maybe not. Why am I having this problem,is anyone else having a simular problem,If I had to pay for any games I would not be impressed and I still am very dissappointed :burningma I thought this would be something that I could take advantage of, well I guess not. :burningma

Beaner
12-29-2005, 09:30 PM
I tried to watch the Ice/Hitmen game as well.

First attempt, it completely FROZE my computer.

Second attempt, it completely FROZE my computer.

Never did try a third time.

Needly to say, I was not impressed.

Lucklily, it was just the free-promo. If I had to pay for it... :burningma

I think its too late but try clearing out your Temporary Internet files, that usually does the trick. I have had theat problem a few times and that usually takes care of it.

ihlemic10
12-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Hopefully it works tonight, I want to see the Portland/Seattle game tonight, should be some fighting in that one. I was watching the screen at the Tips game last night and it looks like they are cleaning the feed up by having the ads placed better for people watching the game.

Beaner
12-30-2005, 01:55 PM
I was watching the screen at the Tips game last night and it looks like they are cleaning the feed up by having the ads placed better for people watching the game.

Thats good to know, I'll check it out later and see how it is and report back here.

Aiham
12-30-2005, 03:51 PM
I went into the WHL webcast and I entered my username and password and it said"Incorrect username or passward" so I tried again and the samw thing happened,so I cllicked "I forgot my password" and then entered my e-mail address,then it said this e-mail address is can not be found" or something like that. I am thinking that the promo has ended,yesterday I clicked on the free game/Christmas game pass,and tonight when i was at the same screen the option was not there :confused: I am thinking that your username and pass word that was enetered for the promotion time was only for that time. I am sure that I would be able to watch another game tonight as it is suposedly the last day of the promotion,or maybe not. Why am I having this problem,is anyone else having a simular problem,If I had to pay for any games I would not be impressed and I still am very dissappointed :burningma I thought this would be something that I could take advantage of, well I guess not. :burningma

Appearently the promo was limited to 1 game/username.
So I signed up several times with different usernames, that way I was able to watch several games. :D

1st game, Saskatoon - PA the audio didin't work, they were broadcasting some music chanel along with the video from the game.
The picture weren't too clear, camera was too slow sometimes, didn't catch up with the play.
I surely wouldn't pay $250 for a season pass. But remember that this is the 1st year they are using webcast. Hopefully the quality will improve in the future.