PDA

View Full Version : Tips WJC Coverage

Tipped Off
12-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Monday: Dec 26

Vancouver, BC - The 2006 IIHF World Junior Championships kicked off competition tonight and both Peter Mueller and Karel Hromas were in action with each player registering points. Hromas had a goal and Mueller had a goal and two assists.

Hromas and his Czech Republic Team teammates defeated Latvia 5-1 at the Interior Savings Centre in Kamloops, BC. Hromas helped the Czech Republic take a 1-0 lead in the first period with his goal at the1:13 mark. Hromas next plays on Wednesday against Sweden.

Mueller and the 2006 U.S. National Junior Team opened its 2006 IIHF World Junior Championship schedule with a crushing 11-2 victory versus Norway at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, BC. Peter recorded a first period assist on an Erik Johnson power play goal to put USA up 2-0. Mueller would later add a second period goal and another assist in the third period. Next up for Team USA is Finland on Wednesday evening.

Monday, December 26 – Scoreboard
Finland 1 – Canada 5
Norway 2 – United States 11
Sweden 1 – Russia 5
Latvia 1 – Czech Republic 5

Tipped Off
12-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Dec. 28

Wednesday's 2006 World Junior Championships Recap
Mueller Adds 2 Helpers in Team USA's Win

Everett, WA Peter Mueller added 2 assists to help lead Team USA to a thrilling 6-5 victory over Finland at the 2006 World Junior Championships at Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, BC. With the win, Team USA improves to 2-0 in Group A play. Mueller currently has a goal and 4 assists in 2 games for the Americans.

Karel Hromas and his Czech Republic teammates fell to Sweden by the score of 3-2. Hromas did not tally a point in the hockey game as the Czechs fall to 1-1 in Group A play. Hromas currently has a goal in 2 games for the Czechs.

Team USA will face off against Switzerland on Friday night at Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, BC while the Czech Republic battle Slovakia on Friday night at Prospera Place in Kelowna, BC.

Wednesday, December 28 Scoreboard

USA: 6 Finland: 5
Sweden: 3 Czech Republic: 2
Canada: 4 Switzerland: 3
Russia: 6 Slovakia: 2

Kristi
12-30-2005, 01:42 PM
There is a pretty cool picture if I do say so myself on the Tips website of Mueller! :)

Sorry for bragging but I thought it was pretty cool one of my pictures ended up there! :)

Beaner
12-30-2005, 01:59 PM
There is a pretty cool picture if I do say so myself on the Tips website of Mueller! :)

Sorry for bragging but I thought it was pretty cool one of my pictures ended up there! :)

Nicely done.

You should get some photos of the Refs as well, as they are the most noticeable person on the ice. :spineyes: :mad:

Hopefully the Officials doing the US game today dont decide to try and break the record for most penalties called like they did in the Canada Finland game......