PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Wilkins?

Chipper
12-29-2005, 01:01 PM
I was looking through the roster and noticed that Jordan Wilkens had played a game against Calgary, I was out of town and wondering how he looked? I know he is a big kid and I met him in training camp but he could not play. I think the ICE have high expectations with him for next year and the years to follow. I am not sure were he is playing this year as a 15 year old and would like to know how his year has been. Any one remember or notice him out there?

Bomber
12-29-2005, 09:54 PM
He only got a couple of shifts due to the fact the Savage (ref) decided he wanted to be the star in front of the biggest crowd of the season 3974 -

Not enough ice-time to really evaluate him. He's supposed to be with the club until Jan 3. He's huge at 6'5" but looks like skating's got a ways to go.

On another note Sylvester must be loving life with the U-17 team. He scored the first goal in the exhibition win over the US yesterday and got a goal and an assist in today's 5-1 win over Finland in the first game of the round robin.

fightstrap50
12-30-2005, 01:27 AM
Welcoem to the ICE Jordan and way to go Dustin Sylvester!! I can see big things with him in the future but he only has to overcome the size difference like Nigel Dawes did and look out. Im sure Negrin is having fun as well representing his country. We are very proud of you guys here in Cranbrook. :thumb:

GO ICE GO!!!

Chipper
01-01-2006, 12:25 PM
He only got a couple of shifts due to the fact the Savage (ref) decided he wanted to be the star in front of the biggest crowd of the season 3974 -

Not enough ice-time to really evaluate him. He's supposed to be with the club until Jan 3. He's huge at 6'5" but looks like skating's got a ways to go.

On another note Sylvester must be loving life with the U-17 team. He scored the first goal in the exhibition win over the US yesterday and got a goal and an assist in today's 5-1 win over Finland in the first game of the round robin.
I agree that Jordan will need to work on his forward skating although I thought he was doing a good job skating backwards, He is a big kid and didn't seem to make any bad decisions and get out of position on the few shifts that he had. I look forward to seeing him improve and getting a chance to make the team next season.