PDA

View Full Version : Moir is King, will he stay a Bronco?

In The News
12-30-2005, 02:05 PM
If Moir is moved, does that mean the club has packed it in forthe year/

SectionNDeserter
12-30-2005, 09:55 PM
If Moir is moved, does that mean the club has packed it in forthe year/
Yep, and we'll take him, you can have Leslie back :P

In The News
12-30-2005, 11:31 PM
I think there would be a revolt if we sent him to you. No offense intended :wave:

SectionNDeserter
12-31-2005, 08:34 AM
I think there would be a revolt if we sent him to you. No offense intended :wave:
Awwww..... Please?

Scout
12-31-2005, 08:44 AM
If Moir is traded it would have to be a super sweet deal. He is the Bronco's right now. He is one of the top goalies in the league and has kept us in the games. There are alot of goalies who get more exposure than Kyle but they also have a better team in front of them. He will be one of the most sought after players come the trade deadline. I'm glad he is finally getting his due and noticed around the league for what he does which is play phonomenal in the nets. I don't think any team has been out shot as much as us yet we lost most games either in a shoot-out or by a couple goals. This kid is the real thing and i doubt he will be back next year. Nashville has taken notice of him.

Scout

Flathead
12-31-2005, 11:29 AM
If what you say is true and that you don't think that he'll be back next year, then maybe we should trade him??? Glad that decision isn't up to me make. Moir is amazing, is the team right now, and would be very hard to see let go, but if a guy could get some good young scoring talent or dman???

Scout
12-31-2005, 12:25 PM
The way he has been playing i can't see Nashville sending him back. There are teams in our league that are contenders but don't have a top notch goalie. Could you imagine him playing for Calgary or Kelowna with the talent they have. I don't have an inside source from Nashville saying he will be gone next year but i do think he has out grown this league and will be gone. If he is traded i'm guessing there would be a goalie coming this way. Yonkman is a rookie and needs to learn from a vet. I'm not the coach and i don't hang at Tim Hortons with Dean so it is only my thoughts.

Scout

Pepper Carrot
12-31-2005, 01:27 PM
With the Rebels right behind the Broncos. The Broncos are so short on firepower. The future doesn't look good. If they do make the playoffs it will be short and a quick exit.

So why not. :confused:

Sell off a few players. Still likely make it into the playoffs. Have some future.
Seems many Bronco fans are starting or have alway questioning the coaching. But is it just the coaching could it not also be the scouting and drafting. Honestly the Broncos are in a good position to improve the team down the road with a couple of trades before the deadline.

Beaner
12-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Moir would definatley be an upgrade for a lot of teams looking for a goalie to make that final push, and he should be able to fetch a fair bit on the Trade deadline market. If he played on a better team I think he would have at least got a call for the WJC this year.

You have to think the way he is playing that he will at least make it to the AHL next year, and since the chances of the Broncos doing anything in the playoffs are not good, why not move him and pick up some players for next year.

I think Kelowna may be the most likely target. Kelownas tending tandem has done well, but Moir may be the missing piece for them to put them over the top. Yeomans + youth (or picks) for Moir? And then Kelowna goes with Westbloom for next year. Hard for Kelowna to give up youth, but if they really want to make a move for one last run before they start to rebuild, this may be the final piece they are looking for.

Calgary is set with Pogge, Vancouver is pretty deep at goaltender, and its doubtful they would give up much for Moir since they have to think of next year. Kootenay may do it but I doubt it, Everett maybe, but they are solid in net right now, they need some more D. I guess MH is an outside shot but highly doubtful, just because its in the same division. Saskatoon is another possibility, but looking at the Goalies Save% it looks like they need some Defensive upgrades, could happen though.

I place my money if he does get moved it's Kelowna that pulls the trigger. My second choice would be Saskatoon.

Pepper Carrot
12-31-2005, 02:22 PM
Blades aen't looking for a goalie but Dmen.
Rumsey is one of my favourite Broncos he is truely a dream. If the Blades could only get him. Blades already have Haw who RJ plays like. Hunter would be a nice pick up to bad the Blades don't have room for that talented faceoff guy.
Trade for Rumsey and Hunter?

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Rumsey is one of my favourite Broncos he is truely a dream. If the Blades could only get him. Blades already have Haw who RJ plays like. Hunter would be a nice pick up to bad the Blades don't have room for that talented faceoff guy.
If the Blades are wanting to make a serious push deep into the playoffs,the Defence probably is a concern, the goaltending has been good but has been Inconsistant,So maybe an upgrade in goal would be something to think about? If you trade a goalie,who do you trade? Armstrong or Khudobin? Also keep in mind that Khudobin probably will not be around next year.If the choice was up to me I would keep Armstrong,I am not sure what other teams would give the Blades in order to receive Khudobin and that is if any teams are even interested in getting him. I think Moir would do the Blades a big favor,if Molleken could work his magic and aquire him, the asking price might be too high for the Blades though

Beaner
12-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Gobladesgo you win for Best Xmas Avatar. :thumb:

Scout
12-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Our future in goal is solid so we don't need a goalie for the future. We could use a 19 year-old to guide Saskatoon product Travis Yonkman. Waiting in the wings is 15 year-old Ian Curtis. He is the top rated goaltender in the West right now by scouts. This kid is money in the bank and may be even better than Yonkman and Moir. And in Yonkman we have a solid goalie who won M.V.P. in The Mac's tourny last year. Our future looks great but it's the next year or two where we may hurt.

Scout

Johnsy05
01-02-2006, 03:54 AM
you can have them... for the small price of setoguchi (sp?) and Gillies