PDA

View Full Version : ICE visit Spokane Chiefs. Give it all ICE!!

fightstrap50
12-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Tonight is the ICE's first road game since before the Christmas break and I'm sure they are looking to further improve their road record with a big win against the Chiefs.They played very well against Calgary the other night in a hard fought and chippy win and look to carry on with the momentum. As always the 2 points are ever so important as the Giants have moved into a tie for 1st place in the BC division so the guys know its a big game and they have to come out hard and take it to the chiefs for 60 minutes. We all know you guys can do it Ice, just follow the game plans and get the big win tonight :thumb: Woo Hoo!!

GO ICE GO!!!

HAF
12-30-2005, 08:09 PM
You know all the Am's fans will be behind you!!!

Chipper
12-30-2005, 08:14 PM
With the Giants on our buts we cant let any games slip away. Its going to be like playoffs for the rest of the season. I hope that the Central div will give the Giants a run for their money the next couple of games and win a game or two. I cant believe that the team we are curently fighting with for first we haven't even seen in Cranbrook this year yet. We play them 4 times this year and most of them are 3 games in less than three weeks and its all over. I can't wait till we get back to the Central div so we can play the teams in our own division again. No offence to anyone in the B.C. div its the toughest in the league but its hard to get any emotion going against them when you never play them.

Jimmypop316
12-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Just about to head out to the game.

Always love Kootenay Ice/Chiefs games, ever since those 2 bitter playoff years I always get excited to see em play. Kootenays program is amazing. Looking forward to the home at home at the end of the season, i love the recplex and the atmosphere up there

Chipper
12-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Nail biter in Spokane tonight. I almost went to bed after the Chiefs went up 4-2 but what a character come back tonight to come back and win 5-4 in o/t. Way to go Ice :thumb:

Jimmypop316
12-31-2005, 12:20 AM
Good game as usual. Nice action back and forth, even a little fire between the two teams, something I'm not used to between them. It would have been an amazing game if the outcome would have been better. Both teams came back from 2 goal deficits.

fightstrap50
12-31-2005, 12:52 AM
Nail biter in Spokane tonight. I almost went to bed after the Chiefs went up 4-2 but what a character come back tonight to come back and win 5-4 in o/t. Way to go Ice :thumb:
they are down 4 to 2 and in the last four or so minutes(I think) of the game and the Ice score 2 goals,one from Kurceba and the other from Billsten, the second coming with only 40 seconds left in the game and Dakers on the bench for the extra man to tie it up for over-time!! Wicked job Ice! :groovy:

Then to top it all off Busto scores in the dying seconds of OT with 10 seconds left on the clock for the win and the 2 points. They now stay tied for the top spot with Vancouver. Way to go Ice! :thumb:

Great to see those three veterans pitching in 3 huge key goals tonight! Keep it up guys. Cracknell with two goals tonight now leads the Ice in scoring, he's playing a tough skilled game and its paying off for him big time. We just may see him play for the flames one day soon. I'd hate to have to play against him down low and in the corners, he's getting so strong and hard to push around. Also great to see Bailey put up two nice assists tonight. All in all they all played hard tonight for the most part and came out on top in the end. That shows depth and determination.

Got to hand it to Spokane though, they had us where they wanted us but couldnt hold the fort. Congrats on the win ICE!!

GO ICE GO!!!

LifelongChiefsFan
12-31-2005, 04:26 AM
I'm not one to usually complain about the officiating (yeah right especially after being at the Wash St/Arizona game 2 nights ago) but those last 2 penalties were very questionable on Falk and Zimmerman (although the latter didn't directly hurt the Chiefs). However I have to congatulate Kootenay on not giving up. The Chiefs have a knack for losing in the late stages of overtime though... :dead: Anyway as it has been said before, Kootenay/Spokane games are always great...at least the ones played in Spokane are. Kootenay fans are always fun to talk with as well. Congrats Ice fans on the big win!

Rammer
01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
they are down 4 to 2 and in the last four or so minutes(I think) of the game and the Ice score 2 goals,one from Kurceba and the other from Billsten, the second coming with only 40 seconds left in the game and Dakers on the bench for the extra man to tie it up for over-time!! Wicked job Ice! :groovy:

Then to top it all off Busto scores in the dying seconds of OT with 10 seconds left on the clock for the win and the 2 points. They now stay tied for the top spot with Vancouver. Way to go Ice! :thumb:

Great to see those three veterans pitching in 3 huge key goals tonight! Keep it up guys. Cracknell with two goals tonight now leads the Ice in scoring, he's playing a tough skilled game and its paying off for him big time. We just may see him play for the flames one day soon. I'd hate to have to play against him down low and in the corners, he's getting so strong and hard to push around. Also great to see Bailey put up two nice assists tonight. All in all they all played hard tonight for the most part and came out on top in the end. That shows depth and determination.

Got to hand it to Spokane though, they had us where they wanted us but couldnt hold the fort. Congrats on the win ICE!!

GO ICE GO!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to this game. I stopped in Cranbrook for the Christmas break and picked up the Calgary and Regina games as well. Nice to see the comeback in the Spokane game, wish I had taken up that bus trip down, must of been special feeling for those Ice fans in attendance.

Billsten caught my eye for his skating and body awareness, watch for some larger numbers from him in the future.

Chipper
01-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Nice avitar Rammer! and welcome to the whlfans board. Are you an Ice fan from Cranbrook or from a distance?

Rammer
01-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Nice avitar Rammer! and welcome to the whlfans board. Are you an Ice fan from Cranbrook or from a distance?

Thanks for the welcome, I heard that there once was another fansite board for the Ice, but that got washed up along the way.... sigh.

I return to family about three times a year and catch any Ice game while I am there, my trek begins from the lower mainland area. To give you an idea of my age, lets say that I watched the Royals play in the Allen Cup... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: My roots run deep, and someday I hope to return. :groovy:

Chipper
01-03-2006, 10:49 PM
To give you an idea of my age, lets say that I watched the Royals play in the Allen Cup...

I was also at the Allen cup games in Cranbrook. Great memories. :clap:

Rammer
01-03-2006, 11:11 PM
I was also at the Allen cup games in Cranbrook. Great memories. :clap:

Glad that I am not the only one who recalls those games around here. Slapshot the movie had little on the WIHL. :eek: :thumb:

Is Ellerby on the Blazers the son of Ellerby of the Dynamiters?

Spungy
01-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the site Rammer!

I remember the Royals winning, but never went to the games back then :D

Rammer
01-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Welcome to the site Rammer!

I remember the Royals winning, but never went to the games back then :D

Thanks for the welcome. :thumb:

Pretty quiet boards here for a nice little divisional victory, how many Ice members post on here?

Bomber
01-04-2006, 02:31 AM
Keaton is Dallas' nephew and it's good to know a few oldtimers still hang around and cheer the next generation of Kootenay hockey.

Though I was just a kid when the Nitros and Royals won the Allan Cup

Chipper
01-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the welcome. :thumb:

Pretty quiet boards here for a nice little divisional victory, how many Ice members post on here?
There is maybe a half dozen steady Ice members but we are growing! (tell your friends)with additions like yourself it helps create dialogue . This site is unique to the fans as you can see every teams forum easily and move around chating with everyone. We are only a year old (Jan 12 2005) I believe and its a no nonsense board that will not allow trolling, baiting or personal attacking. I personaly like this format and its continuing to get more popular with the dedicated fans of the whl. I also like the Personal Messaging that we can do to chat personaly with other members.